Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
So our recursos were not granted by the court.
which court was yours filed in?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I can’t believe this fare is somehow still with you guys.

I tried to book it way in the Before Time, and failed, gave up when it suddenly disappeared. Kudos to you all for persevering.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by xshanex
Got my call today from a Madrid number.. offering same as noted.. I had a $1k ticket. Told them I needed everything in writing, I wasn't accepting any other other than retaining my J seat. Asked to escalate/reconsider since it was 45d since booking and I have built plans around this ticket. Said nothing he could do, that this issue has already been escalated many times. The guy was just the messenger. Flight isn't until May so I have time to see how this plays out for folks with $1k tickets purchased through IB

in fact, the way IB did is not efficient at all. If they decided not to honour it anyways, why don't push a generic message to everyone who got this sub 1k fare when everyone gets the same offer but trying to call individually?

so far no call for me but expected it will come in soon.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier-1K, DM,SM,BA,AA & SPG
Originally Posted by sydneyguy1234
in fact, the way IB did is not efficient at all. If they decided not to honour it anyways, why don't push a generic message to everyone who got this sub 1k fare when everyone gets the same offer but trying to call individually?

so far no call for me but expected it will come in soon.
So, I got I am email, 24hrs after my call where I asked for more info to make a decision and they unilaterally reissued the ticket in Y, indicating that because they couldn't get me to make an on the fly decision they had to do this. Opened a case with IB, they said call back in 4hrs. The fact they say the ticket value is 10x the priced paid. Today I can book that same ticket on their web site for $3k Fully Flexible and $2k no changes. Making the $1k paid not unreasonable at all. In any case I will not be taking their offer. I can rebook a Skyteam ticket into GRU for a few hundred more and will be doing that to take advantage of great MQDs for DL requalification. If they for some reason now refuse to refund my unilaterally reissued V class ticket I will update this post.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: Iberia
Hey, does anyone want to join a colective complain to OCU and AESA against IB?
xshanex? sydneyguy1234? chejus? Elena2611? eh220160? leftysauce? hamallu? ExpatSomchai? 18wheeler_vanrekt? patvd? mgo72?
sydneyguy1234 and Elena2611 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by danjur
Hey, does anyone want to join a colective complain to OCU and AESA against IB?
xshanex? sydneyguy1234? chejus? Elena2611? eh220160? leftysauce? hamallu? ExpatSomchai? 18wheeler_vanrekt? patvd? mgo72?
+1. I need to go to chile because it is my brother's wedding so I will have to buy another ticket (2’5 months later…).
But I find it shameful that with 1k tickets that they could honour they offer a ridiculously low 25% discount that can only be used until october 31. If they are not willing to honour the tickets I am trying to work out some deal with them, They should offer much more for the damage caused.

Last edited by Elena2611; Aug 30, 2022 at 2:57 am
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if I can cancel just one leg of this flexible business ticket (IB 1k)? I have tried to change the return flight and IB wants 10k due to fare difference. The agent said that I could refund the return even after flying the outbound, but I’m not sure. Furthermore she didn’t know how much would be refunded. Does anyone know how much was each leg when we booked this fare?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ggomtel
Does anyone know if I can cancel just one leg of this flexible business ticket (IB 1k)? I have tried to change the return flight and IB wants 10k due to fare difference. The agent said that I could refund the return even after flying the outbound, but I’m not sure. Furthermore she didn’t know how much would be refunded. Does anyone know how much was each leg when we booked this fare?
Is it the first time you‘re trying to change the return leg? If yes, it should reprice using hystorical fares at the time of ticketing. Meaning, no fare difference to be collected.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
Is it the first time you‘re trying to change the return leg? If yes, it should reprice using hystorical fares at the time of ticketing. Meaning, no fare difference to be collected.
unfortunately I already made a change (I did it online and it was free). But now I needed to change it again and it isn’t free anymore. However I would still be interested in flying the outbound but refund the inbound flight. Do you think that if I take the first flight and cancel the second would I be refunded half (or something like that) of what I paid? What do you mean by repricing at historical fares?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ggomtel
unfortunately I already made a change (I did it online and it was free). But now I needed to change it again and it isn’t free anymore. However I would still be interested in flying the outbound but refund the inbound flight. Do you think that if I take the first flight and cancel the second would I be refunded half (or something like that) of what I paid? What do you mean by repricing at historical fares?
Yes, according to the fare rules, you cancel the ticket at any time and receive a refund, although I'm not sure if you will get half or how much exactly. Below the relevant excerpt from the fare rules.

"CANCELLATIONS

BEFORE DEPARTURE
CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR REFUND.

AFTER DEPARTURE
CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR REFUND."

Repricing using historical fares in effect at the previous ticketing date means that the first voluntary change is done using the prices on the date the ticket was issued. By doing this change, you then reissue the ticket at a new date (when the fare was already 10K+), that's why IB is now asking for a fare difference.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
Yes, according to the fare rules, you cancel the ticket at any time and receive a refund, although I'm not sure if you will get half or how much exactly. Below the relevant excerpt from the fare rules.

"CANCELLATIONS

BEFORE DEPARTURE
CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR REFUND.

AFTER DEPARTURE
CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR REFUND."

Repricing using historical fares in effect at the previous ticketing date means that the first voluntary change is done using the prices on the date the ticket was issued. By doing this change, you then reissue the ticket at a new date (when the fare was already 10K+), that's why IB is now asking for a fare difference.
great, thanks! I think I will take the first flight and after that I will call to cancel the second leg. Hopefully I will be refunded a significant amount (most of the fare were taxes/other surcharges so I guess I have a good chance of getting around half of what I paid). I may even wait a bit to cancel the second flight, hoping that IB makes some changes to the flight that allows me to rebook in a different date.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
MyTrip

Originally Posted by Microtat
Hello Gents.. Did anyone purchase the usd350 through mytrip.com?

i am happy that i have gotten a refund, however extremely unhappy that i was charged a refund fee. The cancellation was initiated by the latam, and i do not think charging a refund fee is right.

The agent said it was charged by latam and there was nothing they can do. Would anyone be able to provide any insights on that, and/or any contacts through to latam to check? Thanks heaps!
Originally Posted by Microtat
zzzz what double standards…

Mine was billed by mytrip_us. Would that make a difference? I have raised this to latam. Just want to know the truth as to who charged the refund fees..
This is how MyTrip/GotoGate or whatever name they are using, operates. It was def. not LATAM applying a refund fee. As suggested above do a charge back. You will get nowhere with MyTrip

MyTrip are horrible/amoung the worst. My example: My ticket to Rio with TAP was cancelled due to Corona restrictions. Later I called TAP to rebook the ticket only to find out that MyTrip had applied for refund of the ticket (without telling me and obviously without any refund to me). When I called MyTrip I was told that a refund would be processed. 4 months later I received around 40 EUR. MyTrip told me that this was the amount that MyTrip had received from TAP and no further refund was due. Upon complaining to TAP I was told that a full refund was possible (because TAP had cancelled the flights) but MyTrip had applied for voluntary refund/a refund according to fare rules, i.e. only taxes and fee to refunded And now it is too late for a charge back...
Old Sep 6, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
So I initiated a chargeback as Last Minute were dragging their feet and the response from LM was an out and out lie! They just said we have had no contact from the customer so the charge stands.
Of course my phone and email records suggest otherwise...........

Spike
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Lesson learnt > USD75. No OTA and Latam - One Dishonest and one not responsive.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, FB Plat
Anybody lucky to fly 1K booking direct with Iberia? No call so far at my side, booking live (just record locator changed). But I really do not want to appear at MAD airport and check in to economy. And its time to fix plans for me in Chille by now.

BTW I know the rules of the game here and I don't really think it is vital for our community to sue the airline for not allowing us to fly overseas for 300 bucks. This will just make airlines to watch much more closely after these deals and minimize our chances to hop on. All after all, this this is one of the worst handled deals by us as well as by airlines so far ... and I have been involved to many many, including famous AZ DUS-FLO one way around the world, which took me a year to claim back money for those tickets
patvd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.