Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
As per post 1376

All the documents are in spanish, as it’s a court in a spanish speaking country
You said the documents were available online but I am unable to find them.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by danger
As per the message, you have to select the relevant court (last dropdown on the right) - such as C.A. de Santiago, and you will see many results.

ETA: There are also cases under other CAs

Last edited by jms_uk; Aug 7, 2022 at 1:35 am
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Originally Posted by chejus
Hello MGO, how much had you paid for your business ticket? Was this purchased directly with IB?
900 euro on Iberia site for thé direct flight.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Gold
My seat selection is still intact so far for a flight next year ($1k fare). For those that say check in is available now, where do you see that? In the app and on the website, they both say "Check in not available... Flights open for check in 24 hours before..."
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by leftysauce
My seat selection is still intact so far for a flight next year ($1k fare). For those that say check in is available now, where do you see that? In the app and on the website, they both say "Check in not available... Flights open for check in 24 hours before..."
Yeah, that‘s the problem, it should be available.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Deckter
but doesn't "Flights open for check in 24 hours before" mean exactly that, just like any other US airlines where checkin opens at T-24?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:27 pm

but doesn't "Flights open for check in 24 hours before" mean exactly that, just like any other US airlines where checkin opens at T-24?
No, most Iberia flights have online check-in open straight after the flight is purchased. See the link i posted upthread.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:40 pm

From the IB website: Select your seat and get your boarding pass as soon as you book a flight with Iberia, Iberia Express and Air Nostrum. If your fare doesn't include seat selection, you can still book in it advance for less than you would pay at the airport and get your boarding pass.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:54 am

Why would it be a problem? Firstly, it's irrelevant and secondly the check-in is not always available in advance. I have 3 other active bookings and only one has it enabled. I can't check-in for my LHR-MAD or MAD-LHR (separate one-way bookings directly with IB) but I can check-in for my ZRH-MAD. I had very similar experience during covid too. Very random. Sometimes I was able to check-in but the boarding pass didn't work at the gate so had to go back to get my covid docs checked and the boarding pass "enabled", other times no online check-in at all. So I wouldn't personally read into this at all.
​​
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by bimbonello
Why would it be a problem? Firstly, it's irrelevant and secondly the check-in is not always available in advance. I have 3 other active bookings and only one has it enabled. I can't check-in for my LHR-MAD or MAD-LHR (separate one-way bookings directly with IB) but I can check-in for my ZRH-MAD. I had very similar experience during covid too. Very random. Sometimes I was able to check-in but the boarding pass didn't work at the gate so had to go back to get my covid docs checked and the boarding pass "enabled", other times no online check-in at all. So I wouldn't personally read into this at all.
​​
It's not random:

"Please bear in that mind check-in for flights to/from Cuba, El Salvador, United States, United Kingdom, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico and China only opens 24 hours before the departure of your flight."

https://www.iberia.com/us/checkin-information/

So it probably means that IB is blocking the possibility of online check-in for these tickets.
patvd likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: OW
It's not random:

"Please bear in that mind check-in for flights to/from Cuba, El Salvador, United States, United Kingdom, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico and China only opens 24 hours before the departure of your flight."

https://www.iberia.com/us/checkin-information/

So it probably means that IB is blocking the possibility of online check-in for these tickets.
Not good - I guess time will tell
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by eh220160
Not good - I guess time will tell
Indeed, not good… I had a second 1k booking for November which, beside the impossibility to check in, was looking normal. However today I received the call from Iberia: Y or cancel 25% off next booking voucher.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
For those in the most recent wave of cancellations (LA tickets in the last week or so), have you been in touch with any lawyers in Chile re: Recurso?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:42 am

LM.com have just emailed to say ‘we have processed your refund as you requested’.

Did I request it? That’s news to me!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Just today got the email for one of the ~$1k USD Iberia direct tickets that it must be downgraded to Y plus 25% voucher, or fully refunded.

I understand the Chilean court case, etc and am just catching up... any recourse I have here or should I just cancel and try to get them to refund the rest of my stuff? (1 night hotel in Santiago that I booked a month after booking the flight, which seems reasonable?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.