Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jms_uk
My ticket has gone through several schedule/flight changes - and is un-flyable right now.

LATAM online autoproteccion tool is usually not working and when it does - ends with a message to contact the agency where I got the ticket. MyTrip doesn't have great reviews about their customer service.

I guess all that will do is get the ticket cancelled once brought to OTA/LA's attention as it is not for immediate travel.
you have 3 legs on your booking? Which leg has been changed?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
you have 3 legs on your booking? Which leg has been changed?
Actually, I went for 4 segments - and most had some changes (either different flight number or 10 minutes earlier arrival, or later departure etc.)
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Actually, I went for 4 segments - and most had some changes (either different flight number or 10 minutes earlier arrival, or later departure etc.)
Turn up at MAD when it’s under airport control and they can fix it - if it’s not been cancelled
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by bimbonello
That might explain why they decided to cancel only now, a month later. Thank all the justice fighters...
Indeed, I’m very disappointed if that’s what’s gonna happen. I’m scheduled to fly in March. I bought multiple sub 1k Iberia J tickets that never were cancelled.

Buying a 300$ J fare is clearly a “bet” - you win some, you lose some, but buying a 1k one shouldn’t be though…
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
My 3 trips in October are still valid, already booked my trip to position in Europe, hopefully I don't receive a phone call.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: QF; VA; AS
What evidence you want? Clearly IB know what's going on (incl. the Chilean case) according to the representative + the copy of the email above - that's a pretty strong evidence IMHO. I'm positive that IB were going to honour their tickets. I previously flew on MAD-BOG in J for under €500. I believe if it wasn't the LA/Chile threat IB would honour the tickets... So it's very likely that if the lawyers/courts didn't get involved there would more people flying the tickets (without fighting). Otherwise why IB is getting in touch and cancelling a month later?
What I ant is actual evidence, not the hearsay of you or others as you cast aspersions at others.

Perhaps you did not notice the action taken by the lawyers is against LATAM. not Iberia. The email you referred to was sent by Iberia and admitted to an error by Iberia. That is not the message most of us received.

As patvd has had his ticket cancelled by Iberia for a mistake made by Iberia, he has options available to him to take the matter further, if that's the path they choose to follow.

The fact that some of us have chosen to take action against LATAM is nothing to do with you. Keep your snarky comments to yourself.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 3:23 pm

Just one question for @bimbonello do you work, or are you connected to either LATAM or Iberia? Your profile was created at the time this fare was discussed on FT and you have made post on not even one other thread up till this point.

All your posts are on this thread and most are downplaying the possibility of being able to fly on this ticket. Why?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Scottyrocket
What I ant is actual evidence...
Evidence of what?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:39 pm

People moaning about the class action should probably re-acquaint themselves with the title of the thread, specifically the '280' part.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Evidence of what?
Originally Posted by bimbonello View Post
That might explain why they decided to cancel only now, a month later. Thank all the justice fighters...

Perhaps you missed this...
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:17 pm

Perhaps you missed this...
"might"
bimbonello likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:20 am

Just one question for @bimbonello do you work, or are you connected to either LATAM or Iberia? Your profile was created at the time this fare was discussed on FT and you have made post on not even one other thread up till this point.

All your posts are on this thread and most are downplaying the possibility of being able to fly on this ticket. Why?
Oh man, you love conspiracy theories don't you? If you have put in such effort in stalking my posts, maybe you should also actually read them too. I said that I lost my previous/email account. I've never downplayed the possibility to fly the ticket - I genuinely wish for people to fpy it. I actually encouraged everyone to not call the airline and to just move on to keep small chance for others to slip through the cracks. I want to fly it too. I've done a number of similar rodeos. And more often than not, when people start digging and involving lawyers/media it ends up not well for everybody, especially in this instance when people feel so entitled that they think sueing for $250 biz fare is the right thing to do. Maybe you should read my posts again, before you start accusing me of being an airline employee or similar nonsense.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:28 am

Perhaps you did not notice the action taken by the lawyers is against LATAM. not Iberia. The email you referred to was sent by Iberia and admitted to an error by Iberia. That is not the message most of us received.
Perhaps you did not notice, but the inital cancellations had remarks "CANCEL DUE TO IB REQUEST". So obviously both airlines are involved and aware. The fact that LATAM was able to start cancelling the tickets within a few days also says something.

The fact that some of us have chosen to take action against LATAM is nothing to do with you.
I could be like you and demand evidence for your statement. Where is the evidence in has nothing to do with IB tickets? Like I said, it might be related and at the minute there's more to suggest it is related than it isn't.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
I actually encouraged everyone to not call the airline and to just move on to keep small chance for others to slip through the cracks.
This. That’s how FT always have been and there is supposed to be a gentlemen etiquette around those fares: you accept the risk when you book it (anyway, the worst thing is usually you get refunded and end up not flying it). The fact this whole situation seems (I’m not involved in all the details - having booked the 1k and not the $300) completely out of hand now with lawyers and whatnots is only helping airline(s) to better address those fares in the future with better, faster processes
nmsondrej, patvd and bimbonello like this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It’s still a tinfoil hat theory to say that IB is canceling 1k tickets because someone else is trying to fly 350€ tickets.
It’s not uncommon for such tickets to be canceled a couple weeks after booking. It’s not like they suddenly canceled them months later.
Sure, it’s possible that it has something to do with the LATAM tickets, but it’s also possible that the managers with a say in this were on vacation and their legal department figured it doesn’t matter if they cancel after a week or a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.