Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:52 am
  #1231  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Programs: LH SEN, SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Posts: 5,195
Originally Posted by eh220160
Same here, my eur 900 ticket looks fine. Is there a link to the what’s app group? I booked another eur 280 fare via Booking and never received a cancellation notice (although pro-actively checking online, there are issues with this booking) - is it too late to file on this basis, and is there a link to the what’s app group described above? Thanks!
when you say there are issues - could they be related to the schedule change?
jms_uk is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2022, 7:48 am
  #1232  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: OW
Posts: 226
Originally Posted by jms_uk
when you say there are issues - could they be related to the schedule change?
sorry, yes - by issues I mean, cancellation of the LATAM leg. Like someone else posted above, I think $40 is well worth it to “stick it to the airline” so keen to join the what’s app group to see what I need to do (I’m not hopeful that I get reinstated to J but worst case as I see it is a credit card chargeback for the full amount (less the $40)).
eh220160 is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:30 am
  #1233  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Australia
Programs: QF; VA; AS
Posts: 110
Originally Posted by eh220160
sorry, yes - by issues I mean, cancellation of the LATAM leg. Like someone else posted above, I think $40 is well worth it to “stick it to the airline” so keen to join the what’s app group to see what I need to do (I’m not hopeful that I get reinstated to J but worst case as I see it is a credit card chargeback for the full amount (less the $40)).
The lawyers working with the WhatsApp group closed applications for the $40 recurso option yesterday as they need time to file each case individually before 30 days post cancellation.

The other option is to file a claim yourself via Sernac, though it appears this option yields only an economy ticket.
Scottyrocket is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:56 pm
  #1234  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 567
Originally Posted by Scottyrocket
The lawyers working with the WhatsApp group closed applications for the $40 recurso option yesterday as they need time to file each case individually before 30 days post cancellation.

The other option is to file a claim yourself via Sernac, though it appears this option yields only an economy ticket.
I don't think you need a claim to get an economy ticket back. LATAM has officially issued a notice to offer Economy at the same price, even if you have been refunded. This can be achieved simply by calling LATAM, and mentioning "Protocolo del 8 de Julio". See this link:
https://www.latamtrade.com/es_cl/com...um_Business_SP
pmarrsouth likes this.
ezak is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:12 am
  #1235  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: OW
Posts: 226
Originally Posted by Scottyrocket
The lawyers working with the WhatsApp group closed applications for the $40 recurso option yesterday as they need time to file each case individually before 30 days post cancellation.

The other option is to file a claim yourself via Sernac, though it appears this option yields only an economy ticket.
Oh dear- ok thanks for letting me know. Guess I’ll just have to initiate the chargeback as not interested in Y. Good luck to you all!!
eh220160 is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:36 am
  #1236  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BNE / LHR
Programs: QF Gold
Posts: 1,603
Hi All,

I have missed this document about the legal forms.

I was advised on 23 June about the cancelation.

I opened up dispute the next day with LATAM via their website, they are yet to respond to this so hopefully this buys me some time?

Can someone please advise how I can join any group effort?
davem4 is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:58 am
  #1237  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 1,658
Originally Posted by davem4
Can someone please advise how I can join any group effort?
Group effort to do what?
pmarrsouth is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:35 am
  #1238  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BNE / LHR
Programs: QF Gold
Posts: 1,603
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Group effort to do what?
Seems there was a group effort with a lawyer to re-enstate J class flights. Part of the Whattsapp group.
davem4 is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:47 am
  #1239  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 1,658
Originally Posted by davem4
Seems there was a group effort with a lawyer to re-enstate J class flights. Part of the Whattsapp group.
Yes, the whatsapp group is active. As per the many posts here about a limited timeframe and advanced notice that it will be closing soon a few days back, it is now closed

Unsure if there are other groups who are trying to do the same. The process laid out, as organized by the lawyers in the whatsapp group, was incredibly simple and cheap

You can fly in Y, get 1 bag, get direct flights and shift you dates by a small margin (some are reporting a few days, others a few weeks) and get 75% downgrade compensation by contacting LATAM directly and mentioning for the agent to look up the notes on the 8th July
pmarrsouth is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:30 am
  #1240  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: DXB
Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Posts: 2,825
Great. One of the lawyers just sent an email (in Spanish) with open recipients (no BCC) to clients who filed late recurso claims, from his personal email address, asking them to reply to him on WhatsApp and not use email. Really professional...
He also said people needed an address in Chile. Does anyone know why? That wasn't required for the earlier recursos?
delpiero223 likes this.
ChocolateFactory is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:04 am
  #1241  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BNE / LHR
Programs: QF Gold
Posts: 1,603
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Yes, the whatsapp group is active. As per the many posts here about a limited timeframe and advanced notice that it will be closing soon a few days back, it is now closed

Unsure if there are other groups who are trying to do the same. The process laid out, as organized by the lawyers in the whatsapp group, was incredibly simple and cheap

You can fly in Y, get 1 bag, get direct flights and shift you dates by a small margin (some are reporting a few days, others a few weeks) and get 75% downgrade compensation by contacting LATAM directly and mentioning for the agent to look up the notes on the 8th July
So i can fly for $67 ... interesting !
nk15 likes this.
davem4 is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:11 pm
  #1242  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 12,212
Originally Posted by davem4
So i can fly for $67 ... interesting !
14 hours straight in economy at the lowest fare bucket, that's how they get their revenge on you for booking this...
ExpatSomchai and Scottyrocket like this.
nk15 is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:11 pm
  #1243  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 1,658
Originally Posted by nk15
14 hours straight in economy at the lowest fare bucket, that's how they get their revenge on you for booking this...
Thousands of people do this daily…

also, a few have reported that they have gotten full Y, which means they have received a free ~$270 payment should they want that
nk15 likes this.
pmarrsouth is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:36 pm
  #1244  
vji
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 170
has anyone who contacted the lawyers so far not received a confirmation that their recurso has been filed? today is my last day to file and the lawyers have taken my money but not given me any confirmation.
vji is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:23 pm
  #1245  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 1,658
Originally Posted by vji
has anyone who contacted the lawyers so far not received a confirmation that their recurso has been filed? today is my last day to file and the lawyers have taken my money but not given me any confirmation.
When did you send them the completed pdf? When did pay them? Dates please
pmarrsouth is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.