Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
I am getting MAD-GRU-SCL-MAD pricing at Ł305 on momondo, booking through mytrip. I cant find the flex / cancelation rules on mytrip though - I just get a load of options to select insurance and better service, but can't see the standard terms. Any ideas? Want to make sure and have evidence before I book!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
its dead, only show one way J and returns in Y, beware
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
Can confirm it's dead. Such a pity. Was maybe 2 seconds away from hitting purchase so we can go to easter island...
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Is this fully refundable? Is anyone booking the extra $51 flexible ticket add on from booking.com/ "go to gate"?
The "flexible" addon AFAIK is to avoid fees charged by booking.com/gotogate.com (and also allows you "1 change free"). It's something by the OTC, not related to the airline.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Booked one on priceline and got ticket numbers. It errored out when I was booking the second so I used booking.com... waiting to see if the second confirmation email comes through.

Edit: got ticket numbers from booking.com
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by polochick
Has anyone managed to get MAD-LON in there?
tried for quite a while and to no avail
polochick likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:38 pm

It’s not dead - just booked via mytrip. Thank you OP
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by benmo13
It’s not dead - just booked via mytrip. Thank you OP
Can you see ticket numbers and PNRs for the booking then? As I just booked via mytrip, it has confirmed but not ticketed.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:44 pm

The only place it says "business" is on the actual booking.com site when going into reservation details. Took screen shots, but that's not very conclusive. Let's see where this goes. Still can't pick seats on Iberia.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by tr3k
The only place it says "business" is on the actual booking.com site when going into reservation details. Took screen shots, but that's not very conclusive. Let's see where this goes. Still can't pick seats on Iberia.
If you try to select seats on the LATAM site, it will let u choose business class seats. Also, it gives you 2 pieces of checked luggage, usually that's with business class. But I also cannot select seats, except for the return with Iberia.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:51 pm

Still available on booking.com though some dates now show a premium economy segment between Santiago and Sao Paulo or Lima
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dralexus
If you try to select seats on the LATAM site, it will let u choose business class seats. Also, it gives you 2 pieces of checked luggage, usually that's with business class.
Yes, I saw that. Indirect evidence. The problem I have with this, is that there is no document (email etc) that says "business". So, if the airline or agency were to somehow switch it into economy - I'd have very little to prove otherwise.

Given that Iberia is the longhaul, I'd feel better being able to select seats with them rather than LATAM.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
This is fully refundable, correct?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by tr3k
Yes, I saw that. Indirect evidence. The problem I have with this, is that there is no document (email etc) that says "business". So, if the airline or agency were to somehow switch it into economy - I'd have very little to prove otherwise.
Just take screenshot of your booking.com booking and confirm with the airline in a day or two if they don't get cancelled. The booking.com customer support is really helpful.(or at least was with me the 1 time I called them)
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dralexus
Just take screenshot of your booking.com booking and confirm with the airline in a day or two if they don't get cancelled. The booking.com customer support is really helpful.(or at least was with me the 1 time I called them)
Yes, I am considering whether to call Iberia tomorrow to pick seats (so I am within 24 hours). Not sure I want their agent's attention r/n though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.