Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:57 pm

Flights were booked through booking.com
Refund automatically processed a few days ago.
Paid in CAD, refunded full in CAD. No currency exchange loss.

See you all at the next one.
bimbonello likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: QF Gold
Had this one come in overnight.

My trips however show as :
We received your refund request. It could take up to 30 days depending on your bank.
I never requested refund.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: SK, LH
got same on 2 of my bookings - made on mytrip.com
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:10 am

Hello folks,

Many updates the last few days in the Whatsapp group and some breakthrough news today:

Copy/paste of the information we received from the lawyers:

LATAM's decision, which is in conjunction with Íbera (the customer service management just called me to let me know) to reinstate the reservations but in an economic cabin is for everyone who has declared admissible protection resources or claims before the Sernac. Those who have orders not to innovate in favor of the business cabin are respected. If the appeal is accepted, the business cabin is also respected and if the appeal is rejected, they are left with nothing.

-----

A number of people already contacted by LATAM and with tickets reinstated.
Keter and palmanfr like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks for the update!
Sorry, I don't understand. I'm not interested in flying this in economy. I either want to fly it in business class or not at all. What do I have to do?
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:05 pm

Leaving miracles aside, the only choice right now for this would be to file a Recurso de Protección and aim for a successful outcome.

Some folks are back to business already, I guess this is why the company is quickly offering the economy re-bookings
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I had several changes in my ticket (flight times adjusted a bit, some flight numbers changed) - the booking is a total mess.

After a week or so of this, LATAM website has a working page where it would let me select new flights, both for the outbound and return.

It works nicely, until I click the last 'Submit' and am told that I should go back to the agency that booked the ticket

As that is MyTrip, I am not feeling hopeful that they would request these new flights for me...if I can even reach anyone somewhat competent.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by ComandantePuchinetta
Leaving miracles aside, the only choice right now for this would be to file a Recurso de Protección and aim for a successful outcome.
What is a Recurso de Protección and how do I file one?

Some folks are back to business already,
How?

I guess this is why the company is quickly offering the economy re-bookings
Who is offering that and how? I'm not interested in flying this in economy, in that case I'd rather keep the refund. But I'm very interested in flying this in business class...
palmanfr and Tofino87 like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K

Some folks are back to business already, I guess this is why the company is quickly offering the economy re-bookings
How are people filing the Recurso de Protección? I'd assume the law firm that was linked upthread is doing it? I sent my email address for that, but no one from the firm has reached out.

I read a site about Recurso de Protección and we have to file within 30 days, so time is quickly running out.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:55 am

I don´t know anything about the link shared above.

Indeed for the recurso route it is 30 days, for most people that time is ending around the 26th or 27th of July.

In the spanish speaking whatsapp group there are several lawyers that have presented already a lot of Recursos, probably any lawyer can do it but these folks have somewhat a system in place already. Please do note they are extremely busy and people keeps asking the same questions over and over so there is some overload.
Keter likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I don´t know anything about the link shared above.

Indeed for the recurso route it is 30 days, for most people that time is ending around the 26th or 27th of July.

In the spanish speaking whatsapp group there are several lawyers that have presented already a lot of Recursos, probably any lawyer can do it but these folks have somewhat a system in place already. Please do note they are extremely busy and people keeps asking the same questions over and over so there is some overload.
Could you please post here what we should do? letter template + where to send it? This would be extremely useful for non-Spanish speaking folks.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by megaloman
Could you please post here what we should do? letter template + where to send it? This would be extremely useful for non-Spanish speaking folks.
I sent an email in English to the lawyer posted above that's working on the class action, but not sure if she'll reply or just ignore it. I'd assume that many attorneys in Santiago would be English speaking but it's never necessarily a given in Latin America in general.

If there are lawyers in the Whatsapp group who are receptive, it would be great if anyone following the group could post a few. As others have pointed out, it's quite hard to follow since there are so many members.

If I hear back I'll post the process. I know from reading a couple of sites in Chile that it does seem to have to come from a lawyer.
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I sent an email in English to the lawyer posted above that's working on the class action, but not sure if she'll reply or just ignore it. I'd assume that many attorneys in Santiago would be English speaking but it's never necessarily a given in Latin America in general.

If there are lawyers in the Whatsapp group who are receptive, it would be great if anyone following the group could post a few. As others have pointed out, it's quite hard to follow since there are so many members.

If I hear back I'll post the process. I know from reading a couple of sites in Chile that it does seem to have to come from a lawyer.
if you are a member of the Whatsapp group, look at the message shared at 09:03 CET today and you will see the whatsapp contact of 2 lawyers (there is a series of messages in English around this time). They also made a google document (in spanish, but it is easy to translate using google translate) and you can find the link on the Whatsapp group description.
The legal procedure via this lawyer costs around 37 Euros or 40 USD according to the document.
Based on what I understood, the free procedure via the SERNAC (Chilean government agency) seems to yield to reinstating the ticket to Economy class per my understanding, only the legal route seems to have more chances (in a reasonable timeframe) to reinstate the ticket in business class.
pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:55 am

I contacted one of the lawyers mentioned there and he told me to send an email to two addresses and they would send me the instructions. I'll share here as soon as I've heard back from them.
Keter and palmanfr like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:43 am

The Comandante has now received "the call" offering a friendly downgrade. Happily impressed by the speed of the "Recurso de Protección"

Question now has moved to: do we accept "the counter offer" or do we wait for the ruling which is likely to be what we all expect to be.
palmanfr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.