Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by polochick
Did you manage to stopover in Gru or Eze?
Im trying to get this just after Christmas - 27/28/29 December departure, with 3-4 nights in each.. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Originally Posted by ezak
But if it's Iberia operated, should be able to credit to AS, even though the ticket is on LATAM stock, right?
It's LATAM operated, I was booking on Priceline
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by jmmlaguna
It's LATAM operated, I was booking on Priceline
Ah I see. Didn't know that it's possible to get LATAM operated on the long-haul. Is your outbound also LATAM operated? Or is that one Iberia marketed and operated?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:04 pm

Those who selected seats, how did you do it? Tried to pulling up the reservation on IB, but it just says "no seat", without any option to choose one. Also tried pulling it up on RJ, and was able to select seats for the LATAM intra-South America flights, but still not possible for the long-haul.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:06 pm

Ah I see. Didn't know that it's possible to get LATAM operated on the long-haul. Is your outbound also LATAM operated? Or is that one Iberia marketed and operated?
Does LATAM stock make it LATAM Marketed? I have 045 ticket stock but receipt has IB flight numbers for Iberia and LA flight numbers for LATAM
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:09 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Those who selected seats, how did you do it? Tried to pulling up the reservation on IB, but it just says "no seat", without any option to choose one. Also tried pulling it up on RJ, and was able to select seats for the LATAM intra-South America flights, but still not possible for the long-haul.
You need to wait around 20mins, then check the IB website again.

It'll then show a new option.

M
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Booked ! Early September, looks like we are going to have a weekend in Santiago ! (MAD-GRU-SCL on IB 330 and LA 788 and return SCL-MAD direct). 045 ticket issued immediately via priceline US, I was surprised it booked as a LATAM ticket and not an Iberia ticket. IB long haul flights marketed as IB and the LA marketed as LA (so will credit to BAEC and AS respectively). I Could select seats on all flights on the airlines websites. Despite being located in the EU, I booked via priceline as there is free 24 hour cancellation, which was not the case on the European websites like Rumbo, Gotogate, Supersaver, Lastminute etc... Since the girlfriend is sleeping for long already, I made two separate bookings in case she decides not to join to party :-D We will see tomorrow... But for 368 USD per person, I am pretty sure she is going to come with me ! Seems to book in I class with very flexible fare conditions.

Thanks very much OP ! Boy it's now 2.15am and the night is going to be short... :-)
Spoiler

ecgz88, nk15 and unusualtravelblog like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Thanks OP!
Thanks @unusualtravelblog for writing about stop possibilities.
HOLYMOLEAIR likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Any chance of building MPN into this (no, I'm not joking, but no luck trying so far)
I don't think you can, It's not on the routing list...
Spoiler

Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
You need to wait around 20mins, then check the IB website again.

It'll then show a new option.

M
Been longer for me, can't select seat for the LATAM operated flights and a seat was selected for me for one of them which I do not want.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:16 pm

Thanks OP

Booked for next May. Now we need to get to Madrid.....
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317
Does LATAM stock make it LATAM Marketed? I have 045 ticket stock but receipt has IB flight numbers for Iberia and LA flight numbers for LATAM
I think "marketed" only refers to which airline's code is in the flight number, but there has to be someone more knowledgeable than me to confirm this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by palmanfr
I don't think you can, It's not on the routing list...
Spoiler

Has anyone managed to get MAD-LON in there?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:24 pm

Ok, so I got it ticketed (on LATAM ticket stock, 045) and received two booking codes - for Iberia and LATAM.
Can open booking both on LATAM and Iberia. Neither actually lists the booking class or says "business" anywhere. On LATAM I am able to select a business cabin seat, though. On Iberia seat selection is disabled, as far as I can tell. Not sure if this is because it is ticketed by another airline?
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Is this fully refundable? Is anyone booking the extra $51 flexible ticket add on from booking.com/ "go to gate"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.