Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by bimbonello
​​​​​​For that, I always use Saudia website, it can load up most etickets. Mine coupon status is "Open for use".
I couldn't get it on Saudia, you're just talking about the manage booking on their main page, then entering ticket number, right?

What window? You get the EU261 from the moment you have a booking. The 14-day window is only for compensation rights. There's no window for rerouting rights.
​​​
Yes, the compensation part is the window I meant. So are you saying that under EU261, IB already has an obligation to re-route? I'd certainly rather go MAD-SCL direct.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by dvs7310
I couldn't get it on Saudia, you're just talking about the manage booking on their main page, then entering ticket number, right?
Yep, Manage Booking, switch to use E-Ticket No., replace the 065 Saudia prefix with your 045 or 075 and then input the rest.

Yes, the compensation part is the window I meant. So are you saying that under EU261, IB already has an obligation to re-route? I'd certainly rather go MAD-SCL direct.
Exactly, if they cancel you can choose either full refund or reroute (either earliest or your convenience) no matter when they cancel. However, as it was already said above - they might fight it by arguing there was never a valid ticket so no EC261 rights...
dvs7310 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Well interesting reply from Latam:

there are no cancellations made by Latam. To carry out any type of management in your reservation, you must communicate directly with them. The ticket has not had any reissue by us. Regards.
tropikey and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:29 am

​​​I'm a little confused... Since this is message from LATAM, then who is "us" and "them" in this message?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Exactly, if they cancel you can choose either full refund or reroute (either earliest or your convenience) no matter when they cancel. However, as it was already said above - they might fight it by arguing there was never a valid ticket so no EC261 rights...
To be clear, do these options (refund or reroute) under Article 8 only apply within the 14-day window or even outside of that window?

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Well interesting reply from Latam:

there are no cancellations made by Latam. To carry out any type of management in your reservation, you must communicate directly with them. The ticket has not had any reissue by us. Regards.
That is interesting given the tickets are on LA paper.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by tropikey
​​​I'm a little confused... Since this is message from LATAM, then who is "us" and "them" in this message?
Them = Priceline
Us = Latam
tropikey likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AB Platinum :( , AS 50K, Hilton Diamon, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
I have my own GDS access and the cancellations were done by Latam on instructions from Iberia. This was the note left in the PNR by Latam: 'SSR OTHS 1S -CANCEL DUE IBERIA REQUEST'
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Originally Posted by mreay
I have my own GDS access and the cancellations were done by Latam on instructions from Iberia. This was the note left in the PNR by Latam: 'SSR OTHS 1S -CANCEL DUE IBERIA REQUEST'
SAme on my case, I called Latam and the agent said to try and call Latam Trade and they might be able to help. Have you tried that? If you did na dit did not work might as well not waste my time calling. Thanks in advance
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:14 am

Interesting how these play out. I think it's sounding more and more like the IB segments will be flyable. LA, probably not, but interestingly they haven't reissued the ticket after cancelling their segments, my e-ticket still has the LA segment LIM-SCL on it. Almost sounds like LA may have tried to get IB to also cancel their segments but IB declined.

Really wanting to see what happens when the first people try to fly this. I'd imagine right now the tickets are a mess and can't be checked in as they are, since the LA segments are still on e-tickets.
Correct, as soon they make changes, the eticket must be revalidated / reissued otherwise you won't be able to fly even the feeder flights. You could in theory get an agent with not much knowledge to just do an even exchange with INVOL pricing and have him reissued, but I don't think any check in agent will do so without consulting their supervisor or even send you to the ticketing desk.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Which brings us back to how and why the IB segments remain? If IB requested LA cancel their segments, why would they still leave their own segments? Maybe thinking we'd all start cancelling with the intra-South America segments gone? For those of us who are going via LIM or EZE, you can get those flights in economy for less than $200, that's certainly not going to deter someone like myself. Those with GRU or MVD, a bit different story possibly but still not crazy considering the overall deal.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by danger
To be clear, do these options (refund or reroute) under Article 8 only apply within the 14-day window or even outside of that window?

I'm not an expert on EU 261, but once we're inside that window, is there a way to force LA to reinstate the segment? Force IB to re-ticket us with the missing segment? Seems Fuyao provided a lot of great info above for those who want to refund, but curious to hear from some experts on how to handle it if we actually do want to fly, and assuming that the remaining segments remain intact to the window where EU261 kicks in.
The right to refund, rebooking on the next available flight (with any carrier) or to be rebooked (with the same carrier) on any given date without fare difference always apply for every booking.
But in case the airline / the OTA informs you that this was an error and they withdraw the contract of transportation they have with you as a passenger, you of course do not have any EU261 right.
But they must do so within a given acceptable timeframe. The exact timeframe varies on each state law but one could argue, if you have a confirmed booking for more than 10-14days, it was not an error and the airline cannot cancel the contract.

Only the 7d/14d EU261 timeframe rule applies when looking at compensation.

Last edited by fuyao; Jun 20, 2022 at 6:21 am
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:17 am

What does the RH say about which OID cancelled it and already cancelled in TWD?

Last edited by fuyao; Jun 20, 2022 at 6:22 am
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:18 am

However, as it was already said above - they might fight it by arguing there was never a valid ticket so no EC261 rights...
By general rule, anything where an eticket is issued, you hold a confirmed booking.

But there has been some recent changes.
The ECJ (European Court of Justice) was addressed with the case where an OTA send out a booking confirmation and the passengers party claims, if you receive that says booking confirmation, no matter if it comes directly from the airline or from the (O)TA, it means your booking is confirmed under EU261.
The airline argued, if its not a real eticket receipt coming from them directly or the travel agency fwding that document, the booking is not confirmed.

So the ECJ had to rule on this, not sure if thats in the papers yet, but the general consens was they'd agree with the passenger, which is a big too extreme.

Think about you only hold a reservation with a travel agent, they send you an email and say its confirmed, but its not ticketed yet, and the airline changes their schedule / cancels that flight, even thou you're not ticketed yet, EU261 would already apply.

Last edited by fuyao; Jun 20, 2022 at 6:27 am
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I see and foresee confusion, incompetence, and gaslighting all around with this fare…
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Guys, can we please all relax a bit?
Most people in this thread seem to be experienced FT users.
Unless your booking is in the next few days, why do you feel a need to contact OTAs, airlines, post live updates of how your ticket shows etc. (unless it’s some new datapoint, which could be relevant for others)?
I just don’t get it. Sit back. Relax. We’ll know soon enough if the tickets can be flown or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.