Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Marcin83
I did it (today morning) when I perfectly knew that Iberia was aware of the "error" fare. And indeed, They know it since Thursday, obviously, It was not one or ten bookings, but hundreds. Do you think they´re stupid?
Calling on Thursday morning would have been crazy , but now? Come on ...
They are cancelling tickets one by one. There is a hope that 1K ones will be saved, the 0.3K ones I don´t think so.
So, what were trying to achieve by calling Iberia ?
Smiley90 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by patvd
Why does it matter?

Answer? It doesn't.

M
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:25 pm

You are not helping people by calling the airline.
About reading all posts: one, excellent, advice is repeated ad nauseam: NEVER CALL THE AIRLINE!
You may not be the only one with cancelled 1k bookings, but some are still alive, the best way to kill them is….call the airline.
There is one, excellent, advice is repeated ad nauseam for you:
Calling the airline doesn't cause tickets to be cancelled.

Their system already caught the issue with a peak of booking in this specific route.

How do they masscare all tickets in one shot? The only thing they need to do is to sort all bookings with irregular fare basis out.
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:28 pm

It does not matter. It's their choice. Stop bullying others.
BlueThroughCrimp and Marcin83 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Why does it matter?

Answer? It doesn't.

M
It’s a genuine question!
Marcin was keen to post first he was going to call and later he effectively called Iberia, so why can’t we ask what he was trying to achieve? In the end this is a website about tips and tricks, isn’t it?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
The reason of calling today morning was totally different (and obviously is not anyone´s business to know what it was, sorry) and the SCL issue was just mentioned at the end. Is my answer OK for you?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
It’s a genuine question!
Marcin was keen to post first he was going to call and later he effectively called Iberia, so why can’t we ask what he was trying to achieve? In the end this is a website about tips and tricks, isn’t it?
WHAAAAAAAAT???? I never posted I was going to call first IB. Don´t invent things, please. If that was the case, I´d have called on Thursday morning to get a seat, which was the thing that other people did and indeed, it might have been silly. I called TODAY. And as I said, IB is aware of the issue since Thursday,
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
It’s a genuine question!
To answer your second question, no, it isn't.

As per flyertalk.com:

FlyerTalk features discussions and chat boards that covers the most up-to-date traveler information. An interactive community dedicated to your favorite topic: travel! That's right: all travel, all the time. The FlyerTalk forums are open for business 24 hours, 7 days a week. Even better, all travelers -- from vacation travelers to mileage junkies -- are welcome in the community. Just choose a forum and you can get to the business at hand: conversing about programs, how to make the most of your miles and points, general travel, airports, destination and dining information.

M
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Marcin83
The reason of calling today morning was totally different (and obviously is not anyone´s business to know what it was, sorry) and the SCL issue was just mentioned at the end. Is my answer OK for you?
My question was, obviously, only related to the SCL issue of course! So I’ll rephrase it: as it could be up-to-date traveler information, do you mind sharing what you were trying to achieve by bringing up the SCL issue during your call to Iberia?

My apologies for mistakenly taking you for the person who posted twice about calling Iberia.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:37 pm

My question was, obviously, only related to the SCL issue of course! So I’ll rephrase it: as it could be up-to-date traveler information, do you mind sharing what you were trying to achieve by bringing up the SCL issue during your call to Iberia?

My apologies for mistakenly taking you for the person who posted twice about calling Iberia.
That´s OK. Just try not to accuse sb without being sure that it was him

Regarding SCL call today - notifying that I accidentaly noticed that my ticketed booking from Thu was cancelled without any formal notification (which in fact was truth). And geting the info about what happened and when this booking will be restored. The answer was that they really did not know why my booking was cancelled, the case was reported and they also told that on Thu they got the notification about some "problems/indicence" with SCL bookings , mainly from OTAs. In fact they were surprised that 1k 075- bookings were also cancelled and therefore they reported the case.
That´s why I am almost sure, that 0,3K bookings sooner or later will be cancelled (or offered to fly in Y) and there might be a chance for 1K ones.
patvd likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:42 pm

I'm not the person you're asking, but if it were me, I wouldn't hesitate to bring up the SCL ticket either. In rare cases, while the ticket hasn't been fully canceled and refunded, there could be an agent not familiar with the fare that's willing to reinstate the flights. It's probably a 0.1% chance, but certainly not zero. In fact, during the AF mistake fare, after being downgraded to Business, I remember reading that some guy called an overseas office, got a completely ignorant agent, and put himself back in First. Personally, if I had status with IB, I'd give it a shot too. Customer service agents are not as alert as FTers tend to think they are. Let's face it, people (me included) were trolling the toilet guy so hard earlier because that reason was just begging to be trolled. Plus the deal was still alive back then. In all honesty, at this point I don't think anyone needs to justify calling the airline, especially if their ticket is already being cancelled.
Marcin83, becks1 and patvd like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by megaloman
Firstly, I'd like to get a notification that my ticket was cancelled, so I can request a refund within 7 days (as per EC261/2004 regulation) and apply for chargeback, if they don't refund me within 2-3 weeks max (can't apply for chargeback without any proof of cancellation)...
Can you provide more detail on the 7-day refund rule?

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Full Stop, maybe yourself after trying to deal with them! What is the administrator fee, $30 or so! I think they’ll send some information back to the credit card company with the terms and conditions and your toast
Originally Posted by Smiley90
The problem with that is that at least theoretically, the OTA is in the right here. The processing fees is what you agreed to when you made the booking, regardless of whether you OR the airline cancel the ticket. It's the one big reason I never book through OTA's with deals like this.
As another member posted upthread, the booking.com T&Cs links made no mention of the specific fee, unlike the gotogate.com standard T&Cs which do.

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I love that certain FTers think that a phone call to the airline is going to alert them to a potential error fare. Shock horror - it isn't. Those staff members more than likely have no idea whatsoever how much your ticket cost, let alone what it should.

The sudden increase in bookings and activity on a specific routing is what will alert them. Their IT, Ticketing, and RevMan departments will be working on the issue and fully aware of it.

Whether they choose to honour the tickets or not, and when they opt to alert customers, is down to Management and won't come from a customer support.

It's telling FTers what to do, that puts so many people off the site - and it's why many post once or twice and never return.

M
I believe you posted the same thing earlier, also. For an airline that apparently has a notorious reputation for poor IT, I'd surprised if it had an effective revenue management team.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SourSweetTea
How do they masscare all tickets in one shot?
They didn’t…
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by ezak
I'm not the person you're asking, but if it were me, I wouldn't hesitate to bring up the SCL ticket either. In rare cases, while the ticket hasn't been fully canceled and refunded, there could be an agent not familiar with the fare that's willing to reinstate the flights. It's probably a 0.1% chance, but certainly not zero. In fact, during the AF mistake fare, after being downgraded to Business, I remember reading that some guy called an overseas office, got a completely ignorant agent, and put himself back in First. Personally, if I had status with IB, I'd give it a shot too. Customer service agents are not as alert as FTers tend to think they are. Let's face it, people (me included) were trolling the toilet guy so hard earlier because that reason was just begging to be trolled. Plus the deal was still alive back then. In all honesty, at this point I don't think anyone needs to justify calling the airline, especially if their ticket is already being cancelled.
That may well have been me on the AF F ticket. I ultimately flew that so-called error fare.
becks1 and ezak like this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Me too. Also got it reinstated in F and flew it successfully in the end (after a last minute downgrade attempt at the airport).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.