Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by stijnec
mine is still alive, booked directly on IB website, ticketed on 075 stock
so far mine in April is alive as well. Booked through Amex Travel on 075 stock
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Mine are gone or half gone…
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:14 pm

One of my October bookings has just disappeared too.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
my March booking - all IB codeshares via GRU, operated by LA disappeard. booked via booking.com
however another booking with direct MAD SCL IB segment .return via GRU on LA, is still alive - booked on mytrip

Last edited by fridgy; Jun 17, 2022 at 5:39 pm
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by leftysauce
so far mine in April is alive as well. Booked through Amex Travel on 075 stock
Thats a good one! Booking with AMEX! I guess they have allot of pull with the airlines and they don’t want to be concerned with customer service issues from the airlines. Best of luck that it continues to stick
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Thats a good one! Booking with AMEX! I guess they have allot of pull with the airlines and they don’t want to be concerned with customer service issues from the airlines. Best of luck that it continues to stick
can't tell if you are being sarcastic or Amex Travel actually has a lot of pull lol. I booked on Amex just to get the 35% back on Biz Plat.

I actually wanted to book for 2 so I did mine first to see if it worked and then after looking up the res on IB website, I tried to book for the second person within 3 minutes. I guess the fare was cached on the search page so when I got to the final payment page, the website had a warning saying that the pricing had changed since I searched and it went from $1k to $3900
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by leftysauce
can't tell if you are being sarcastic or Amex Travel actually has a lot of pull lol. I booked on Amex just to get the 35% back on Biz Plat.

I actually wanted to book for 2 so I did mine first to see if it worked and then after looking up the res on IB website, I tried to book for the second person within 3 minutes. I guess the fare was cached on the search page so when I got to the final payment page, the website had a warning saying that the pricing had changed since I searched and it went from $1k to $3900
No sarcasm at all! Im an AMEX platinum member and I really like the way they work! I just don’t use them for travel for some reason or another (but I clearly agree with the pull that they have with the airlines) Didn’t know you can get 35% back on a business card.

Bummer about the second ticket. Good luck
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:39 pm

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but in this instance Amex have no pull at all. They are the OTA in this equation and can't be telling airlines whether to honour fares/tickets or not (or how to run their business). I know we all wish it would stick, but let's be realistic...
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Same happened to my booking with Latam now, an error loading my booking.

Still showing with IB though.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by bimbonello
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but in this instance Amex have no pull at all. They are the OTA in this equation and can't be telling airlines whether to honour fares/tickets or not (or how to run their business). I know we all wish it would stick, but let's be realistic...
are you an AMEX card holder? Do you know their customer service? I have no skin in the game I didn’t buy any tickets for this one. I just believe AMEX generates so much travel their bookings may be handled differently It’s just my opinion
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: QF LTG
are you an AMEX card holder? Do you know their customer service? I have no skin in the game I didn’t buy any tickets for this one. I just believe AMEX generates so much travel their bookings may be handled differently It’s just my opinion
Amex bookings have never been handled differently when airlines pull out of their contracts. No idea why this fare would be different.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Amex bookings have never been handled differently when airlines pull out of their contracts. No idea why this fare would be different.
I’m curious how the OP’s ticket with Amex will be handled. Hopefully OP you’ll come back and let us now
becks1 and leftysauce like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
​​​​​​Amex Travel is a a travel agent. It's technically a different company - American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. Their global business travel company is completely different and went public recently.

I have several Amex cards and yes, their customer service is great. But amex travel is just a travel agent like Expedia etc.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
I booked with gotogate (I know) for a trip in September (045 tix), seats were selected on RJ, PNR is as of moments ago up and confirmed on IB/RJ/FI/AT.
Flying Machine and tr3k like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
The split in experiences reported here reminds me of the Delta / Virgin Australia fare from NZ to USA for $900 or so, all the Virgin Australia issued tix were cancelled by them, but the Delta ones stuck. Thankfully I’d booked with the latter!

This time ofc it’s LATAM vs Iberia (vs OTAs?)
becks1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.