Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Old Jun 17, 22, 11:50 am
  #526  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Northeast
Programs: UA Gold
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto View Post
there is no such thing as a mistake airfare. There is nothing but intentionality in the entire process of loading an airfare. The M word is simply airline propaganda used only when it suits them. If you mistakenly buy a $150 MAD-FCO ticket on Iberia and then notice that Ryanair sells the same ticket for $7 do you think Iberia would respect your mistake!?
Do love the double thinking it takes to pretend errors don't happen and it must all be a flash sale. Whatever you says lol.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
SourSweetTea is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 11:51 am
  #527  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Programs: QF LTG
Posts: 1,112
Originally Posted by Jaenks View Post
Same as usual. Some optimistic, some pessimistic and some realistic opinions.
I searched flights through Kayak. The cheapest fare of $309 was marketed as Business Promotion on the results page.
Yes the listing of "Business Promotion" makes it obvious that this was an intentional sale promotion.
palmanfr likes this.
PbodyPhoto is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 11:52 am
  #528  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Posts: 6,423
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
I've been waiting patiently, so patiently, for someone to bring up the "Class Action" discussion.

Why? Well because it means I can post the below, which we've seen many times, but sometimes needs to be re-posted. It's from 2005, and is still so true:

'Ahhhh....the emotional phases of a mistake fare.

1. Discovery - mistake fare is posted on FT. Novices frantically checks how much vacation time they have and if the dates of availability mesh with their schedules. Experienced FTers just book it and worry about contacting spouses or their boss later. Word spreads like wildfire.

2. Excitement - Tickets purchased, confirmation emails received and dates of travel shared with other FTers. Discussions of what to see and do and where to stay crop up in other threads. Novices contact source to change seats or inquire about upgrades, Seasoned FTers sit back and enjoy reading the discussion threads.

3. Stress Stage 1 - Concern over paper ticket delivery - Novices Frantically check otheFedEx website every few hours, constant monitoring of driveway for FedEx truck. Seasoned FT veterans sit back and relax.

4. Glee and happiness - Paper tickets in hand, vacation request submitted, spouses finally informed, hotel reservations made and bragging to friends and co-workers begins. Both novices and experts get very excited.

5. Stress Stage 2 - Rumors of fare not being honored, discussion threads about the airline and ticketing agency ensue. Rumors crop up like crabgrass at this stage. Many FTers begin to worry excessively about whether or not the trip will happen. Novices make non-refundable and financial committments to their trip. Seasoned FTers make mixed drinks (and maybe a sandwich) and is patient.

6. Reality Check - Accurate information is obtained - usually takes place a week to 10 days after mistake fare is published. Confirmed information from the source as to whether or not tickets will be honored.

7a. Pure Joy (Icelandair style- Fare is Honored) - Lots of happy people, FT threads on shared information regarding hotels, restaurants, tours, etc. Jealousy from others sets in. First "FT guinea pigs" embark, post confirmation threads that all is ok.

7b Hostile Feelings (Copa Airlines Style - fare is not honored) - Many angry and disappointed FTers. Refunds are issued. Novices have multiple discussion threads of lawsuits and hostile correspondence, FT pros mutter "c'est la vie" and look for the next fare mistake.

8a Success (Honored) - Trip Report thread becomes very active'

Credit to MileageAddict

M
Sooooo True!
Flying Machine is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 11:54 am
  #529  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Posts: 8,344
Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Sooooo True!
He had me at paper tickets in hand, still waiting for the mail.
Flying Machine likes this.
nk15 is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 11:56 am
  #530  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 25
Cant see my booking anymore as well.


Seat map today

Seat map yesterday
becks1 likes this.
cfyed is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:07 pm
  #531  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Garden of England
Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 597


Oh well, nevermind.

Spike
Funky Spike is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:11 pm
  #532  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Northeast
Programs: UA Gold
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
I've been waiting patiently, so patiently, for someone to bring up the "Class Action" discussion.

Why? Well because it means I can post the below, which we've seen many times, but sometimes needs to be re-posted. It's from 2005, and is still so true:

'Ahhhh....the emotional phases of a mistake fare.

1. Discovery - mistake fare is posted on FT. Novices frantically checks how much vacation time they have and if the dates of availability mesh with their schedules. Experienced FTers just book it and worry about contacting spouses or their boss later. Word spreads like wildfire.

2. Excitement - Tickets purchased, confirmation emails received and dates of travel shared with other FTers. Discussions of what to see and do and where to stay crop up in other threads. Novices contact source to change seats or inquire about upgrades, Seasoned FTers sit back and enjoy reading the discussion threads.

3. Stress Stage 1 - Concern over paper ticket delivery - Novices Frantically check otheFedEx website every few hours, constant monitoring of driveway for FedEx truck. Seasoned FT veterans sit back and relax.

4. Glee and happiness - Paper tickets in hand, vacation request submitted, spouses finally informed, hotel reservations made and bragging to friends and co-workers begins. Both novices and experts get very excited.

5. Stress Stage 2 - Rumors of fare not being honored, discussion threads about the airline and ticketing agency ensue. Rumors crop up like crabgrass at this stage. Many FTers begin to worry excessively about whether or not the trip will happen. Novices make non-refundable and financial committments to their trip. Seasoned FTers make mixed drinks (and maybe a sandwich) and is patient.

6. Reality Check - Accurate information is obtained - usually takes place a week to 10 days after mistake fare is published. Confirmed information from the source as to whether or not tickets will be honored.

7a. Pure Joy (Icelandair style- Fare is Honored) - Lots of happy people, FT threads on shared information regarding hotels, restaurants, tours, etc. Jealousy from others sets in. First "FT guinea pigs" embark, post confirmation threads that all is ok.

7b Hostile Feelings (Copa Airlines Style - fare is not honored) - Many angry and disappointed FTers. Refunds are issued. Novices have multiple discussion threads of lawsuits and hostile correspondence, FT pros mutter "c'est la vie" and look for the next fare mistake.

8a Success (Honored) - Trip Report thread becomes very active'

Credit to MileageAddict

M
What do you call it? FT's eight stages of mistake fare?

Adding on to it, some novices call the airlines to figure trivial things out or blogs posting them. People unleash blame and heat on them.
SourSweetTea is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:21 pm
  #533  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In between BRU, AMS, DUS and LUX...
Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Posts: 922
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
I've been waiting patiently, so patiently, for someone to bring up the "Class Action" discussion.

Why? Well because it means I can post the below, which we've seen many times, but sometimes needs to be re-posted. It's from 2005, and is still so true:

'Ahhhh....the emotional phases of a mistake fare.

1. Discovery - mistake fare is posted on FT. Novices frantically checks how much vacation time they have and if the dates of availability mesh with their schedules. Experienced FTers just book it and worry about contacting spouses or their boss later. Word spreads like wildfire.

2. Excitement - Tickets purchased, confirmation emails received and dates of travel shared with other FTers. Discussions of what to see and do and where to stay crop up in other threads. Novices contact source to change seats or inquire about upgrades, Seasoned FTers sit back and enjoy reading the discussion threads.

3. Stress Stage 1 - Concern over paper ticket delivery - Novices Frantically check otheFedEx website every few hours, constant monitoring of driveway for FedEx truck. Seasoned FT veterans sit back and relax.

4. Glee and happiness - Paper tickets in hand, vacation request submitted, spouses finally informed, hotel reservations made and bragging to friends and co-workers begins. Both novices and experts get very excited.

5. Stress Stage 2 - Rumors of fare not being honored, discussion threads about the airline and ticketing agency ensue. Rumors crop up like crabgrass at this stage. Many FTers begin to worry excessively about whether or not the trip will happen. Novices make non-refundable and financial committments to their trip. Seasoned FTers make mixed drinks (and maybe a sandwich) and is patient.

6. Reality Check - Accurate information is obtained - usually takes place a week to 10 days after mistake fare is published. Confirmed information from the source as to whether or not tickets will be honored.

7a. Pure Joy (Icelandair style- Fare is Honored) - Lots of happy people, FT threads on shared information regarding hotels, restaurants, tours, etc. Jealousy from others sets in. First "FT guinea pigs" embark, post confirmation threads that all is ok.

7b Hostile Feelings (Copa Airlines Style - fare is not honored) - Many angry and disappointed FTers. Refunds are issued. Novices have multiple discussion threads of lawsuits and hostile correspondence, FT pros mutter "c'est la vie" and look for the next fare mistake.

8a Success (Honored) - Trip Report thread becomes very active'

Credit to MileageAddict

M
That's the post I was referring to ! Always a pleasure to read this one. This is only the 3rd time I book such a thing. Every time, it was because of Google flight alerts before seeing it on FT actually ! My first one was the AMS-TYO flash sale on QR for 500-ish euros round trip in Business class. That was my first time on QR and remained loyal to them for years until I realized they treat their staff poorly (to say the least). Second time was the AF "La premire" deal between SFO and LHR, for 1500 USD RT. That got cancelled and I got my refund within a week, receiving on the way a 150 Euros travel voucher for the trouble... I wonder how they will communicate this. So far, no news from anyone. As the old saying goes : "You f*** up, you fix it". Will they fix it properly, with the consumer in mind is the question...
palmanfr is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:22 pm
  #534  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: York, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Posts: 1,033
GRU-SCL has dropped out of my booking with Iberia, but all shows up fine with the Latam PNR.
S_W_S is online now  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:29 pm
  #535  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In between BRU, AMS, DUS and LUX...
Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Posts: 922
Originally Posted by S_W_S View Post
GRU-SCL has dropped out of my booking with Iberia, but all shows up fine with the Latam PNR.
Actually same for me, but when you try to select seats on the LATAM leg using the LATAM website, it returns an error, which was not the case earlier today for example. And if I look at the seat map on Expert Flyer for that flight, our assigned seats are available for others to book.
palmanfr is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:32 pm
  #536  
vji
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 113
haha, good luck doing anything with the LATAM PNR. Latam's systems are so bad that they don't recognize changes from other airlines, so it will always show the flights as the same. If you call them (which you shouldn't), they will deny that any cancellation/change has been made. This isn't well-documented (since LATAM rarely issues tickets on other airlines) but I've had a horrendous experience trying to convince them that there has been a change (on my other LA-issued tickets).
vji is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:34 pm
  #537  
Moderator: Qatar Airways
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LHR/NCE/DOH
Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Posts: 8,150
Originally Posted by SourSweetTea View Post
What do you call it? FT's eight stages of mistake fare?

Adding on to it, some novices call the airlines to figure trivial things out or blogs posting them. People unleash blame and heat on them.
It's known as the Emotional Stafes of an Error Fare

M
mario and palmanfr like this.
msm2000uk is offline  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:41 pm
  #538  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,235
Now LATAM booking is gone too. Guess they should not be hard to convince now.

Otoh can check in for the (remaining) SCl-MAD
tr3k is online now  
Old Jun 17, 22, 12:49 pm
  #539  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: York, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Posts: 1,033
Originally Posted by palmanfr View Post
Actually same for me, but when you try to select seats on the LATAM leg using the LATAM website, it returns an error, which was not the case earlier today for example. And if I look at the seat map on Expert Flyer for that flight, our assigned seats are available for others to book.
Same here now I've checked.
S_W_S is online now  
Old Jun 17, 22, 1:02 pm
  #540  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: half way between AMS and BRU
Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by Funky Spike View Post


Oh well, nevermind.

Spike
mine is still alive, booked directly on IB website, ticketed on 075 stock
stijnec is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread