Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Marcin83
What is a mistake fare? 1K RT ticket is a mistake fare or a great offer? You can buy <20 euros ticket with IB on PMI-MAD flight. Do I have to call them every time before booking and ask if it is a mistake fare or not, just to make sure that some days later they do not cancel this booking because it was too cheap?
Fully agree - but unfortunately this is too often the case when those companies f*** up. There is a brilliant thread on flyertalk about the several steps when those type of stories happen. Let's see how long they are going to take to issue refunds and make everyone impacted even, and I am curious to see how they will communicate, if they will communicate at all about this case. I am just personally annoyed by those companies who take zero responsibility and accountability for their actions. They made the pricing, not us. They want to save every single penny by subcontracting or automating pricing without putting safeguards in case of (human) error, that's their problem. When I am late to check-in and miss the flight or when I have a few kilos too many in my bag, they gladly remind me the rules and contract of carriage and make me pay for it. It's time for the different regulators to define and enforce rules on this topic. 1k for a transatlantic business class flight is just a good deal, and we have seen fares like this in the past. I booked a month ago on LH and AC a round trip in Business class between AMS and SCL for the end of year, a peak travel season, for 1200 Euros only. So it's not like it's impossible to get.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
i usually wait 3 days till i start the popcorn, I saw the fare, but didnt jump.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:51 am

[QUOTE=palmanfr;34344732]Fully agree - but unfortunately this is too often the case when those companies f*** up.

what do you mean **** up? This is the Fiesta del Corpus Christi flash sale, special fares are the norm clearly.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Wait, are there errors coming out of the Fiesta del Corpus Christi flash sale?

That's odd. I like to book tickets in the summer so I usually make a point to wait for Fiesta del Corpus Christi sales.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: OW
Just add to the party, my LATAM legs are gone and the LATAM PNR doesn't work anymore either.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by Dralexus
Just add to the party, my LATAM legs are gone and the LATAM PNR doesn't work anymore either.
what dates you had and at what time did you book? just wanna know the data points
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by fridgy
what dates you had and at what time did you book? just wanna know the data points
I booked like 10 minutes after the post went up, early September.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
if it doesn’t stick I would expect a class action lawsuit.
You are kidding right? Please keep in mind that these tickets /this deal has nothing to do with US so there is no chance of a US class action suit. Class action outside the US is unlikely to fly.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by tr3k
Is there an attorney on board?
I currently have good faith that Iberia is going to do the right thing and honor their fiesta del corpus christi flash sale. If they try to cancel I have some ideas.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Just out of curiosity, what would you need to have a binding contract on this particular case ? The credit card has been charged and the e-ticket issued, sometimes hours after the booking was made. What else is needed ?
I’m not a lawyer, but typically they would claim that it was obvious that the price was way too low and that there was a mistake. So the contract is void. Depending on the law that applies, they may or may not have success with that approach.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Arbitration against Priceline is always an easy option.
dvs7310 and PbodyPhoto like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
You are kidding right? Please keep in mind that these tickets /this deal has nothing to do with US so there is no chance of a US class action suit. Class action outside the US is unlikely to fly.
Depends on the OTC, I guess. But I booked on booking.com which actually books with Gotogate, which is a US corporation AFAICT.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Should have booked from an EU OTA and added a hotel booking, so it would have counted as a package holiday. 😁
dvs7310, Keter, palmanfr and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:48 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
if it doesn’t stick I would expect a class action lawsuit.

there is no such thing as a mistake airfare. There is nothing but intentionality in the entire process of loading an airfare. The M word is simply airline propaganda used only when it suits them. If you mistakenly buy a $150 MAD-FCO ticket on Iberia and then notice that Ryanair sells the same ticket for $7 do you think Iberia would respect your mistake!?
I've been waiting patiently, so patiently, for someone to bring up the "Class Action" discussion.

Why? Well because it means I can post the below, which we've seen many times, but sometimes needs to be re-posted. It's from 2005, and is still so true:

'Ahhhh....the emotional phases of a mistake fare.

1. Discovery - mistake fare is posted on FT. Novices frantically checks how much vacation time they have and if the dates of availability mesh with their schedules. Experienced FTers just book it and worry about contacting spouses or their boss later. Word spreads like wildfire.

2. Excitement - Tickets purchased, confirmation emails received and dates of travel shared with other FTers. Discussions of what to see and do and where to stay crop up in other threads. Novices contact source to change seats or inquire about upgrades, Seasoned FTers sit back and enjoy reading the discussion threads.

3. Stress Stage 1 - Concern over paper ticket delivery - Novices Frantically check otheFedEx website every few hours, constant monitoring of driveway for FedEx truck. Seasoned FT veterans sit back and relax.

4. Glee and happiness - Paper tickets in hand, vacation request submitted, spouses finally informed, hotel reservations made and bragging to friends and co-workers begins. Both novices and experts get very excited.

5. Stress Stage 2 - Rumors of fare not being honored, discussion threads about the airline and ticketing agency ensue. Rumors crop up like crabgrass at this stage. Many FTers begin to worry excessively about whether or not the trip will happen. Novices make non-refundable and financial committments to their trip. Seasoned FTers make mixed drinks (and maybe a sandwich) and is patient.

6. Reality Check - Accurate information is obtained - usually takes place a week to 10 days after mistake fare is published. Confirmed information from the source as to whether or not tickets will be honored.

7a. Pure Joy (Icelandair style- Fare is Honored) - Lots of happy people, FT threads on shared information regarding hotels, restaurants, tours, etc. Jealousy from others sets in. First "FT guinea pigs" embark, post confirmation threads that all is ok.

7b Hostile Feelings (Copa Airlines Style - fare is not honored) - Many angry and disappointed FTers. Refunds are issued. Novices have multiple discussion threads of lawsuits and hostile correspondence, FT pros mutter "c'est la vie" and look for the next fare mistake.

8a Success (Honored) - Trip Report thread becomes very active'

Credit to MileageAddict

M
Funky Spike, yuel, Sykes and 15 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Same as usual. Some optimistic, some pessimistic and some realistic opinions.
I searched flights through Kayak. The cheapest fare of $309 was marketed as Business Promotion on the results page.
I would not join to the pointless discussion what would happen next, honoring or cancellation. Waisting too much energy. Only few people here thanked OP what should be obviously the first sentence to wrote. Not how many tickets someone has bought etc.
All my flights are still showing through IB and AY app including ticket number( LA 045), Two flights are IB operated and marketed, one LA operated and marketed. Seat has been automatically assigned only for outbound IB flight. Booked through mytrip.com for 330€. No mileages run, will fly on those dates to there anyway with IB/LA or with some other airline.
palmanfr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.