Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by Tommygunzzz
Does anyone know if the IB flights (flight number and operated by IB) with 045 ticket number will credit to AA? Of course AS should be fine either way, but unsure on AA. Thanks!
Ticket number has never mattered for crediting to AA. Any IB flight with an IB flight number will credit to AA.
nk15 and Tommygunzzz like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
You CALLED the customer service? NEVER CALL the airline while the deal is still alive.
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Why would you call the airline? There is always one person who doesn't think.

Fare is officially dead
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
I think the deal is dead. All fares are plus $1k Thank you to whoever called the airline. Eyeroll.
It's a combination of people who call + bloggers who make these deals go viral to their millions of subscribers.
So, if you want an unbelievably great deal to be honored (which is the whole point), do not share it on a publicly accessible forum like this one.
Share it with friends and then you can all enjoy a bargain vacation.
Happy endings for everyone.

It's easy to blame the caller, but let's face it.. it was doomed from the moment it got posted here.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by izzik
It's a combination of people who call + bloggers who make these deals go viral to their millions of subscribers.
So, if you want an unbelievably great deal to be honored (which is the whole point), do not share it on a publicly accessible forum like this one.
Share it with friends and then you can all enjoy a bargain vacation.
Happy endings for everyone.

It's easy to blame the caller, but let's face it.. it was doomed from the moment it got posted here.
Maybe so, but I've benefitted from many posts on here that have been honoured, saving me thousands of GBP over the years.

If I found a mist*ke (can't spell it in full, feels wrong lol) fare, this is the first place I'd go, sharing is caring!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Too bad I didn't see this before the guy sitting next to the toilet showed up...

In any case the current 1k fare is not bad either as it's fully flex J that allows unlimited stopovers and free cancellation. Some creative routings seem to work like SCL-MAD-LHR-AGP on the return.
never bought a J ticket before... can I add stopovers after I already ticketed non-stops without repricing or for free?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by leftysauce
never bought a J ticket before... can I add stopovers after I already ticketed non-stops without repricing or for free?
No. Unless there is a schedule change or cancellation.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:04 am

May be time to move this to the "fare gone" subforum
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by seantheman
Maybe so, but I've benefitted from many posts on here that have been honoured, saving me thousands of GBP over the years.

If I found a mist*ke (can't spell it in full, feels wrong lol) fare, this is the first place I'd go, sharing is caring!
"Over the years"
That was then, but things are different now.
Times have changed.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meli Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Angry

Originally Posted by Marcin83
They might cancel <400 euros RT C class tickets. But the ones around 1000 euros RT (which appreared later at their own website) I dont think so. They already had some deals or errors in the past like MAD-MEX/USA-MAD fligts in C for 990/650 euros , respectively. And they were honoured. Even if SCL is fully refundable J class ticket - so what? They will be happy to give you back your money if you cancel the flight or if you want to change it, you will have to pay the actual difference, around 3k euros.
OK, so having bought a ticket (MAD-SCL-MAD; 250 airfare + taxes = 859 euros; Iberia Platino Emerald card) on Iberia website, received email with ticket no. and reservation number, seat assignment, etc., just saw on my IB+ profile that the booking is cancelled (with no formal notification).
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Gold
OK, so having bought a ticket (MAD-SCL-MAD; 250 airfare + taxes = 859 euros; Iberia Platino Emerald card) on Iberia website, received email with ticket no. and reservation number, seat assignment, etc., just saw on my IB+ profile that the booking is cancelled (with no formal notification).
damn, mine still says Holding Confirmed. Where does it tell you the booking is canceled?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Oh no
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meli Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
damn, mine still says Holding Confirmed. Where does it tell you the booking is canceled?
My profile at Iberia.com and my app. Trying to manage the booking, it says that it is not available anymore . And doing the online checkin attempt it says, its cancelled.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
My profile at Iberia.com and my app. Trying to manage the booking, it says that it is not available anymore . And doing the online checkin attempt it says, its cancelled.
Check your ticket number on saudia website. IB website/app are notoriously buggy
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
that's normal on IB website
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
was your e-ticket number starting with 045? then it's LA ticket, not IB and IB website may not display it accurately.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I'm just so happy the flash sale times are back! I've got the popcorn ready. This thread will be providing a lot of first-class entertainment over the coming weeks. I'm loving it!!! Covid really put a damper on this game, it's great things are back to normal!
yuel, justin1123, skunker and 16 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.