Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: SK, LH
Originally Posted by RichieMc
I'm not getting anywhere-. Can find dates in April for $369 RT, but at the last stage when I click to go to payment, I end up on Priceline's front page.
too late its gone now. you may be seeing cached fares
RichieMc likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: QF LTG
Can we please set the record straight. There is absolutely no valid reason for anyone to call the airline (either the ticketing or operating airlines) or their OTA. There will never be a valid reason, certainly not until you have flown the first sector.

If you want to cancel - you shouldn’t have booked
If you want to select seats - you’re in business class, all the seats are good!
If you want to change dates - it will reprice anyway, fly the first sector first.
If your credit card wasn’t charged - be patient, it will either happen or it won’t, calling just makes you a selfish ....

While I’m at it just a reminder that your ticket isn’t 100% safe until you are on the plane. Don’t book any non refundable plans you aren’t prepared to lose until you’re on the plane. Even though this was clearly just a great deal/flash fare sale some airlines love to play stupid games.
jfkeze, tropikey, CARST and 20 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by AK100k
Booked MAD-EZE-SCL-MAD roundtrip for $340, a great deal for mileage run on Alaska airline. Be careful on choosing seats after you book the cheapest biz flight on IB, I accidently chose the seat near the toilet, but can't change it anymore, called the customer service and being told that they only allow one-time seat picking.
Why did you call? I’m struggling to understand.

Did you think you’ll be forced to stand, or the ticket gets cancelled if you can’t select a seat the second you book?

Genuinely curious as to your thought process.
view, largeeyes, jfkeze and 12 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Originally Posted by Hudute
it begins. My Iberia booking confirmation has disappeared from my booking confirmation on the OTA website, is no longer available on the Iberia website, only the leg GRU-SCL (my only flight on LATAM) is still alive. I booked on Mytrip for 333€.
appears your reservation was never ticketed. Did you ever get a ticket number starting 045?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by bittihuduga
for those who selected seats, i was able to do MAD-LIMa on IB website
on return my GRU-MAD is on IB but operated by LATAM. I am unable to select on both the airlines.
any tips how to resolve this?
I received two PNRs, one for IB, one for LA. Selected IB seats on the IB website and for the LATAM flight, needed to select those on the LATAM website with their record locator. No issues for me.
tomparskate and jrweaver912 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
Why did you call? I’m struggling to understand.

Did you think you’ll be forced to stand, or the ticket gets cancelled if you can’t select a seat the second you book?

Genuinely curious as to your thought process.
i guess we will never see more posts from this person anymore in this thread. There’s always one (or few) of those idxxts in every fare sale that poops the party. What can you do…
nawlins, becks1, Rikkon and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Junior_2J&K
I received two PNRs, one for IB, one for LA. Selected IB seats on the IB website and for the LATAM flight, needed to select those on the LATAM website with their record locator. No issues for me.
GRU-MAD is on Iberia but operated by LATAM and both say we cant book seats..not an issue as i have more than 240 days time ;-)
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
If you have been ticketed then I don't think you should worry (too much anyway!)

Likewise, change seats in RJ site or just wait, You're flying in Biz. All seats are nice
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:51 am

true..as long as the flight does not disappear from my booking details, i am ok..we are 6 of them, so wanted to check close by seats..also its NOT an 747 or a380..all biz seats will be anyway in the same pod
by the way when do we start adding our flying dates into the thread :-)

Last edited by bittihuduga; Jun 16, 2022 at 7:06 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by newflyer530
appears your reservation was never ticketed. Did you ever get a ticket number starting 045?
well it did show as confirmed on Iberias website. But I never checked for the ticket number as I booked this in the middle of the night. So probably not. Good luck to the rest!
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
GRU-MAD is on Iberia but operated by LATAM and both say we cant book seats..not an issue as i have more than 240 days time ;-)
IB has a strange business class fare structure - there are business class fares that don't qualify for free seat assignments. maybe this is such an optima fare.
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: QF LTG
true..as long as the flight does not disappear from my booking details, i am ok..we are 6 of them, so wanted to check close by seats..also its an 747 or a380..all biz seats will be anyway in the same pod
by the way when do we start adding our flying dates into the thread :-)
Even if you are in different ends of the cabin you will all arrive in Santiago at the same time. Relax.
becks1 and bimbonello like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Even if you are in different ends of the cabin you will all arrive in Santiago at the same time. Relax.
ya ya..we go in together and we come out together ;-)
hence no panic or alarm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
I’d say historically the airline will cancel within a week tickets like these, after that you cam usually assume you can fly. Don’t worry about airport staff doing anything about your ticket either unless you are asking them to modify it
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:25 am

Crediting 045 Tix to AA

Does anyone know if the IB flights (flight number and operated by IB) with 045 ticket number will credit to AA? Of course AS should be fine either way, but unsure on AA. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.