Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Old Jun 16, 22, 12:07 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by ggomtel View Post
Could you share an example? I can’t see it anywhere

MAD to SCL, 12/1 — 12/8 (momondo.com)
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
noob questions.
I see a ticket # shown on Iberia/Finnair, can't retrieve PNR on Latam.
Ticket number starts with 045 so I presume Latam "ticketed" the entire routing or just Latam portion?
I have:
MAD-SCL Iberia # (Iberia operated)
SCL-GRU Latam # (Latam operated)
GRU-MAD Iberia # (Latam operated)
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:17 am

Does anyone know why IPC flights do not show up? Are they IP blocked?
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt View Post
Yea $1k directly with the airline for this route still seems like a steal to me, more than happy with my purchase!

Got an A330-200 on the return tho, only 19 business class seats on that aircraft
just bought 2 at 1k a piece directly with IB - still a good deal tbh. Plenty of avail in March (when I bought those flights for). Fully flexible. But fwiw probably a higher likelihood of it flying as well. I bought a similarly exciting fare (sub 500 in J) from LATAM a couple of months ago but it was cancelled within days. Lets see if that one sticks!

Last edited by offvoice; Jun 16, 22 at 12:58 am
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
Priceline wanted it.
Yes, and it’s not new with them. But that info can be updated/changed later with the airline in a way that shouldn’t cause any hassles during the trips.
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

This fare is also available departing from other cities in Spain (such as AGP, BCN, BIO, VLC)
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, AC, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by offvoice View Post
just bought 2 at 1k a piece directly with IB - still a good deal tbh. Plenty of avail in March (when I bought those flights for). Fully flexible. Obv a mistake in pricing since full flexible are way cheaper than less advantageous fare buckets. But fwiw probably a higher likelihood of it flying as well. I bought a similarly exciting fare (sub 500 in J) from LATAM a couple of months ago but it was cancelled within days. Lets see if that one sticks!
Much less likelihood when people call it a mistake.
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by danger View Post
Much less likelihood when people call it a mistake.
edited
Old Jun 16, 22, 1:01 am

Is Easter Island closed to visitors by plane? I guess it is...
""It has been agreed that the opening of Rapa Nui (Easter Island) would take place on Monday, August 1, 2022," said a statement from the ministry of economy, development and tourism. The original reopening date was February, but that plan did not materialize under the government of former president Sebastian Pinera."
jms_uk likes this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 1:10 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by henhen View Post
noob questions.
Ticket number starts with 045 so I presume Latam "ticketed" the entire routing or just Latam portion?
Entire ticket.

Sorry to say this but LATAM will soon cancel the tickets. LATAM did that for the ex BUD tickets to GRU/Brazil 2 years ago.
Old Jun 16, 22, 1:22 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rushfan02 View Post
I just bought the 3 RT flights to SCL directly on the Iberia site, does anyone know if the tickets will be I, R, J, C, or D?
I could only find RT around 980 from Madrid on the IB website (around 1020 from other Spanish airports, except BCN which was more expensive). If this is what you paid per ticket then the booking class is most likely J (full fare)
Old Jun 16, 22, 1:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by palmanfr View Post
I could only find RT around 980 from Madrid on the IB website (around 1020 from other Spanish airports, except BCN which was more expensive). If this is what you paid per ticket then the booking class is most likely J (full fare)
That's still a fabulous deal. The earlier discount seems to be gone, but $ / 1000 is still quite attractive. Especially if that one for $ / 1,000 gets ticketed by IB instead of LA. I'm not very confident the LA ticketed ones will get honored.
Old Jun 16, 22, 1:28 am

I weep for the guy with the 12 bookings, he may end up paying 12 cancellation fees...On a fully refundbable fare cancelled by the airline...
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium
Too bad I didn't see this before the guy sitting next to the toilet showed up...

In any case the current 1k fare is not bad either as it's fully flex J that allows unlimited stopovers and free cancellation. Some creative routings seem to work like SCL-MAD-LHR-AGP on the return.
PbodyPhoto and eh220160 like this.
Old Jun 16, 22, 1:35 am

Programs: Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Diamond
I think these thieves charge cancellation fees even when the airline cancels....cheez...
My CC will have a word in that case

Search this Thread