Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I purchased my ticket via Amex IAP, and received my refund 17 days ago... still no email about a $200 credit. What's the best way to reach out to Delta and inquire about it?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Purchased via IAP, no refund yet but got my $200.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Purchased via IAP, got the notification, $200 credit (once, despite 2 tickets), and refund posted automatically about a week ago. Interestingly no clawback (yet) on $300 Amex Offer credit
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:08 am

Got my $200 voucher long again....still waiting for my refund tho
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:55 pm

I wish i saw this thread while I was going through this but just wanted to quickly comment, that I received the $200 like everyone here, but also asked for 20,000 miles and got that as well. all via customer service phone call.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kuik
I wish i saw this thread while I was going through this but just wanted to quickly comment, that I received the $200 like everyone here, but also asked for 20,000 miles and got that as well. all via customer service phone call.
What did you say on the phone service to get the 20,000 miles?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by xfisgsm
Did Delta respond to anyone’s DOT complaint yet?
Yup; I got a pretty vanilla form letter:
We’ve received your message sent to the United States Department of Transportation regarding your tickets to travel from New York - John F. Kennedy to Bali departing January 28, and returning February 4, 2023. They have asked us to respond to you directly.

We regrettably filed an erroneous fare from the U.S. to Bali, Indonesia (DPS) for flights operated by our partner, Korean Air (KE). These fares were listed at a price far lower than the typical fare price for this route. Because there was an error, we cancelled these tickets and notified affected customers, and a full refund of the tickets was provided. These actions are consistent with Delta’s Contract of Carriage as well as the Department of Transportation’s Mistaken Fare Policy (2015). We deeply regret any inconvenience caused by this misfiling and are diligently working to prevent a similar incident from occurring in the future.

Thanks for reaching out to us; we will do our best going forward and hope you will choose to fly with us in the future.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:31 am

for anyone else who hasn't received their credit and doesn't want to wait hours on the phone: I sent a note on their complaint form and asked for the credits, and within 36 hours they responded and I now have two ecredits. easy!
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by morphogencc
for anyone else who hasn't received their credit and doesn't want to wait hours on the phone: I sent a note on their complaint form and asked for the credits, and within 36 hours they responded and I now have two ecredits. easy!
Why wouldn't you just get a refund since the fares were fully refundable? More cash in your pockets
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by jona970318
Why wouldn't you just get a refund since the fares were fully refundable? More cash in your pockets
I'm guessing they're referring to the 200 USD "goodwill" ecredit Delta issued
night718 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
That actually false. I believe both Visa and Mastercard both have unofficial policies to make these adjustments as a courtesy
just an update i filed an online dispute/claim from my visa credit card provider for the foreign exchange difference from the charge/ refund, that Delta put through, in this case Td Canada Trust Visa credit cards, here in canada, i filed it a couple days after i received the refund onto my credit card, below is the email that i received today, i filed both with delta airlines online (still waiting for reply) and the visa card provider,

i claimed the difference in $CAD (approx. $600.00), i bought 3 tickets, and delta refunded the same amount as charged, the dispute is the credit card foreign exchange fee,

Upon review, we have determined your Claim D-2XXXXX for $3,582.91 CAD cannot be disputed under Visa Dispute Rules. As you do not have dispute rights, please contact the Merchant directly to resolve issue.

If you received a temporary credit, we will debit your account in the next 5 business days.

If more than one claim has been submitted, you will receive multiple updates.

You have received this email because you requested to dispute a transaction. Please do not respond to this email as this inbox is not monitored.

Safeguarding our customers' information is a fundamental principle of TD Bank Group. TD will not ask you to provide personal information or login information, such as username, passwords, PINs, IdentificationPlus® security questions and answers or account numbers, through unsolicited email. TD will not share sensitive data through regular email nor will TD request this type of information be sent from you through regular email. If you suspect an email to be fraudulent, please forward a copy to us at [email protected] and then delete the email.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:25 am

No more $200 ecredit

I got the $200 ecredit back In June and I add the $ 200 to my skymile account.
I was going to book a ticket today .I can not find the $ 200 ecerdit under my skymile account.
I called delta .they told me I do not have any $ 200 ecerdit
I do not have the email any more.igave them the booking number and ticket number . Still can not find any
they told me if you do not have the ecerdit number so you good luck.
look like they took it back from my skymile next months
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by japan74
I got the $200 ecredit back In June and I add the $ 200 to my skymile account.
I was going to book a ticket today .I can not find the $ 200 ecerdit under my skymile account.
I called delta .they told me I do not have any $ 200 ecerdit
I do not have the email any more.igave them the booking number and ticket number . Still can not find any
they told me if you do not have the ecerdit number so you good luck.
look like they took it back from my skymile next months
Mine never got added to the account but still exists when I add it manually from my email. Are you sure you don't have the email anymore?
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:39 am

I do not have the email

I do not have the email anymore.
my $200 is gone .
Old Aug 18, 2022, 6:41 am

If you have the email .do not add it to skymile account .they will take it back and you will never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.