Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
So what did you accept?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA& UA 1MM, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Accepted IAD, and then realized it was in J, not F. So now just gave up and asked for a refund, which was granted, but was told it could take up to 8 weeks. DL definitely did not earn any brownie points in my book on this one. CX it is not.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Accepted IAD, and then realized it was in J, not F. So now just gave up and asked for a refund, which was granted, but was told it could take up to 8 weeks. DL definitely did not earn any brownie points in my book on this one. CX it is not.
Yeah this is not fun to unwind. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by seafred
Hi, no cancellation email yet but reservation no longer found on Delta website. However still shows on IAP. Bummers. Hope we have better luck next time!

Thought everyone might enjoy more insult to injurygot this email from Delta this morning. I guess this must have been before the cancellations started rolling. Your trip is booked
😂
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: moka Lifetime
A Not a stupid game
B A very easy dispute with cc
channa likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by moka
A Not a stupid game
True
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:06 pm

Red face

AMEX Seoul
Received this prepare for your upcoming trip to Seoul from AMEX travel
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
I also got the prepare for Seoul on the AMEX site
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:32 pm

So I called Amex and got a terrible agent. The agent couldn't see the DL PNR and was going to contact DL for advice. That plus poor call quality so giving up and trying again later.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Just to follow up, never recieved my confirmation email so figured I'd call again. Agent mentioned she sees the ticket was reissued and sent me the confirmation.

Interestingly enough, the ticket was back on Deltas website but my outbound was booked info Prestige (Z) in both legs. My return remained J and F.

Agent agreed we should be in first on the first flight, but couldn't make changes herself and supervisors were gone. I guess we'll see what the morning brings. :/
​​​​​
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traveler202
Absolute garbage move from Delta. Got IAP cancellation and it said $0 refund, all to e-credits, which are now in my Delta wallet. Had to call IAP and their first inclination was to say it is Delta policy to only do Credits. Had to press them as they "cannot see it was refundable" ticket in their system.
It's a quirk of DL's processing that cancellations are automatically issued as vouchers initially, but if it's eligible for a refund to original form of payment, once that gets processed by the refund department, the voucher will disappear. This *should* happen automatically, though I can't say for sure whether Amex adds a wrinkle.
sbandy likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:48 pm

Link to mistaken fare policy statement from DOT: https://www.transportation.gov/sites...t_05082015.pdf

Note footnote #4: The burden rests with the airline or seller of air transportation to prove to the Enforcement Office that an advertised fare and the resulting ticket sales constitutes a mistaken fare situation. If a sale does not qualify as a mistaken fare situation, the carrier or other seller of air transportation is bound by 399.88.

If you file a complaint, I suggest specifically referencing footnote #4 of the policy statement, and asking the Enforcement Office to have Delta prove that these tickets sales were a mistaken fare situation. It may also help to reference data from post 338 and state that Delta typically has a wide price spread for ticket prices, and that it is not unreasonable to assume a $2700 ticket is a valid price.
Spiff, GUWonder, jfkeze and 5 others like this.

Last edited by dburns; Jun 13, 2022 at 11:56 pm
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:24 am

I never got any cancelation notice (I did get a "get ready for Seoul" email), but my PNR did disappear from DL's website last night. I could still see everything on AMEX travel, so not wanting to gamble with Delta holding on to $4800 in credits, I preemptively canceled my AMEX itinerary while it was still "live" in AMEX's system. I got a cancelation confirmation email stating I would get the funds back to the original form of payment. Who knows if that will actually happen or how long it will take. I also filed a DOT complaint, don't expect anything to come of it, more just on principle.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 4:42 am

I now have a cancellation email from AMEX
will still try and rebook in USA morning hours
Old Jun 14, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Woke up this morning and saw that DL generously cancelled my ticket and then provided me an eCredit. Why on earth would I want an eCredit when any sane person would want to get a full refund?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.