Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wp_kid
Care to share what airline/options they offered?
Only the same KE flights. In fact, they didn't have the LAX connection on the way back so chose the direct JFK flight. At this point, I wasnt trying to push and wanted to submit it quickly as possible.

What's funny is, the rep came back and told me it's a fare difference of around $1800. Still a good deal, but not one I was willing to tack on. Told him since it was the airline who cancelled, I shouldn't have to pay. Put me on hold for a couple minutes and I fully expected him to come back and say the ticket can't be reissued. To my surprise he comes back and says I don't have to pay anything and we can move forward.

I should say that i didn't receieve any sort of confirmation yet and I fully expect it won't actually rebook in the end.
wp_kid, nk15, Fes426 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Im planning on filing a complaint with the DOT also. Out of curiosity, what did you say in your letter/submission? (I could use some help.)
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Just to add insult to injury - DL has placed 2 temp authorizations on my CC and only issued one credit - hopefully the other temp authorization will just drop off...
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G
I haven't gotten cancellation emails or refunds yet, but the bookings are very much gone..hope delta doesn't keep my money for too long, that's the least they could do.
DOT complaint also filed, though I mostly asked for them to for the love of God provide updates, firm guidelines for what's a mistake and what's sellers regret.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Im planning on filing a complaint with the DOT also. Out of curiosity, what did you say in your letter/submission? (I could use some help.)
I gave an overview of what occurred - bought a ticket, DL cancelled it, asked for airlines to be held accountable to some extent (if we bought a fare by mistake and don't cancel within 24 hrs we're stuck but airlines can take > 24 hrs as was the case here); requested some sort of criteria be met in order for airlines to cancel the ticket, some sort of compensation offered or ticket honored but with conditions - non refundable instead of fully refundable, J instead of F for example.
Smiley90 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:47 pm

Absolute garbage move from Delta. Got IAP cancellation and it said $0 refund, all to e-credits, which are now in my Delta wallet. Had to call IAP and their first inclination was to say it is Delta policy to only do Credits. Had to press them as they "cannot see it was refundable" ticket in their system.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by traveler202
Absolute garbage move from Delta. Got IAP cancellation and it said $0 refund, all to e-credits, which are now in my Delta wallet. Had to call IAP and their first inclination was to say it is Delta policy to only do Credits. Had to press them as they "cannot see it was refundable" ticket in their system.
Wow what complete garbage. I expect to have to do the same soon.
​​​​​​
​​​​​
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
My IAP ticket was cancelled but its now showing as an airline credit instead of a refund to my credit card.
That's perfect. That's a breach of DOT regs and their guidance.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by channa
Same for me. What do you propose?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by channa
It's not just a breach of dot regs and their guidance, it's also a breach of the fare itself, which was fully refundable. Of all things, this will DEFINITELY get back to your card one way or another.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
what to do

I'm sorry what is the current advice?

no email from Delta
Still shows in Amex IAP
Record locator doesn't show on DL.com so nuked there.

Do I call Amex and ask for rebooking or wait?

TIA
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA& UA 1MM, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Call for rebooking and see what you get. I rebooked, got the confirmation email, and it was in all J. I was offered options through either BOS or IAD, lol. NOPE.

Last edited by UAPremierGuy; Jun 13, 2022 at 9:25 pm
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Call for rebooking and see what you get. I rebooked, got the confirmation email, and it was in all J. I was offered options through either BOS or IAD, lol. NOPE. Now on hold for it to be refunded.
I was not even offered a rebooking through IAP. They tried to look for the routing and couldn't find anything.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
" I was offered options through either BOS or IAD,"

Do you mean KE J to depart from BOS or IAD instead of JFK?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA& UA 1MM, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chichow
" I was offered options through either BOS or IAD,"

Do you mean KE J to depart from BOS or IAD instead of JFK?
Still departing JFK, but routing through both of the above to a J overseas KE flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.