Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Old Jun 13, 22, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by SourSweetTea View Post
The fare rule requires transpacific sector on DL flight operated by KE. Probably a lot of these routes are redundant.

LAX & JFK are the only airports KE (currently) flies a first class cabin to in NA, so that's probably it for now.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know if these flights could be credited to Virgin Atlantic? I am not seeing class F or codeshare explanations on their website.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zig2 View Post
Does anyone know if these flights could be credited to Virgin Atlantic? I am not seeing class F or codeshare explanations on their website.
Probably not since KE isn't a partner and it says on the VA website:

"As a Flying Club member, you can earn on all Delta operated services including the flights operated by Delta regional services;"

Keyword here is "operated", which this flight isn't.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:16 pm

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, Starwood Platinum
I am being told from a VERY well informed source VERY close to this internally that a zero was left off of the published route and that these trips are in fact going to be cancelled. Fingers crossed my source is wrong.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:19 pm

We are staying for just a week. I was looking at St. Regis 1 BR suite with the private pool. The Villa is unfortunately too many points for me.
Amandari right? Is it worth it? Around $1100 a night.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by muntz73 View Post
I am being told from a VERY well informed source VERY close to this internally that a zero was left off of the published route and that these trips are in fact going to be cancelled. Fingers crossed my source is wrong.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was their excuse, but the sale WAS up for more than 24 hours, which is a really long time for a mistake. We'll have to wait and see. Saying "it should have been 27'000!" Is a bit ridiculous when KE is selling the same ticket for currently 13'000.
mediator and CanadianGnome like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:25 pm

Programs: moka Lifetime
That would make it $7k more than any other date to EOS...odd...

ETA 23,709 is cost as a DL codeshare....so maybe second digit. Still odd.
night718 likes this.

Last edited by moka; Jun 13, 22 at 1:28 pm Reason: ETA
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Out of curiosity, heard that from DL or KE?
Old Jun 13, 22, 1:40 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
I'm looking forward to my trip in August.
Old Jun 13, 22, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Seems bad.
Old Jun 13, 22, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if that was their excuse, but the sale WAS up for more than 24 hours, which is a really long time for a mistake. We'll have to wait and see. Saying "it should have been 27'000!" Is a bit ridiculous when KE is selling the same ticket for currently 13'000.
Agreed - there's no way they can say it was meant to be 27K. The best they could argue is that they left off the initial 1 which would have made it 12,700, closer to KE but again, if it was a mistake, they should have caught it way sooner than the 24+ hours that it was active.
Old Jun 13, 22, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
$2,700 for a fare isn't crazy considering Singapore is selling a BKK-USA RT for $2K in business right now.
Old Jun 13, 22, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Youngmiler View Post
$2,700 for a fare isn't crazy considering Singapore is selling a BKK-USA RT for $2K in business right now.
It's crazy when you consider two of the longer legs are booked in First Class and the normal fare is around $23k roundtrip. Although, I'm not sure how nice it is.
Old Jun 13, 22, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
So .. DL just canceled my tickets - i posted the other day about my booking experience on the DL site - on purchasing the tickets it just spun and spun and spun and spun. I let it go about 15 mins before it timed out. But then my booking appeared and it looked "normal" on the DL site and mobile app. The weird thing is - i couldn't get a receipt - nor did I get any email confirmations. I could send myself an itinerary and on pnr.sh things looked fine to me. But then I had to Fk with it because I didn't have a warm fuzzy about no receipt. I'd click the receipt link and it would give me no results ( "you have no receipts" ) ..sometimes i'd click it and I'd get what looked like a partial receipt for 1 pax ( 2 pax in my booking ). So i started a chat w DL about it and they informed me that my ticket had been voided, canceled, refunded but pax #2 was fine. Which kinda made sense from the partial receipt errors I was getting. So that booking was canceled completely ( or so I thought ). After ending the chat - another PNR showed up in "My Trips" for myself. .... That one was also void - and was canceled, refunded. Anyway - major bummer - but better to find out now rather than showing up at JFK in Feb and not having a valid ticket.
But the booking looked normal in every way - i could grab seats for every flight - all looked fine. Maybe I got trolled by DL IDK.

Last edited by Coffee84; Jun 13, 22 at 4:26 pm Reason: forgot stuff
Old Jun 13, 22, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Coffee84 View Post
So .. DL just canceled my tickets - i posted the other day about my booking experience on the DL site - on purchasing the tickets it just spun and spun and spun and spun. I let it go about 15 mins before it timed out. But then my booking appeared and it looked "normal" on the DL site and mobile app. The weird thing is - i couldn't get a receipt - nor did I get any email confirmations. I could send myself an itinerary and on pnr.sh things looked fine to me. But then I had to Fk with it because I didn't have a warm fuzzy about no receipt. I'd click the receipt link and it would give me no results ( "you have no receipts" ) ..sometimes i'd click it and I'd get what looked like a partial receipt for 1 pax ( 2 pax in my booking ). So i started a chat w DL about it and they informed me that my ticket had been voided, canceled, refunded but pax #2 was fine. Which kinda made sense from the partial receipt errors I was getting. So that booking was canceled completely ( or so I thought ). After ending the chat - another PNR showed up in "My Trips" for myself. .... That one was also void - and was canceled, refunded. Anyway - major bummer - but better to find out now rather than showing up at JFK in Feb and not having a valid ticket.
But the booking looked normal in every way - i could grab seats for every flight - all looked fine. Maybe I got trolled by DL IDK.
Sorry to hear that. It sounds like, for whatever reason, your ticket was never actually issued for whatever reason, while your traveling companion's was. When you accessed the booking on DL's site, did you see that you both had a 006 ticket number?

Search this Thread