Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
For existing bookings, looks like we can change dates at historical pricing - was just able to do this on Delta's website (even with IAP booking). Revised ticket receipt, with no pricing change, emailed immediately.
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
Yes, the return portion may be changed and the historical pricing (i.e., what we paid, with adjustment solely for taxes) will be honored. Changes to the outbound, however, will result in a reprice to current rates.
Interesting, that's unexpected. Great to know though, thanks!
mcdullhk88 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA& UA 1MM, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Unfortunately not.

Not there either.

Changing the FF# to Flying Blue makes the booking appear on the AF site with a different PNR, but no ability to access on KE with it. That PNR doesnt work with Sabre but does with the Amadeus CheckMyTrip appbut no KE reference number there either.
Sorry for the newbie question...how does one change the FF# to Flying Blue? It seems like most people are saying that is the best place to credit.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat

Fare rules & restrictions
Delta (DL) FRT NYC to DPS
General notes
FIRST CLASS UNRESTRICTED FARES F Between THE UNITED STATES and AREA 3 FOR ROUND TRIP FARES
Category 4: Flight restrictions
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA TRANSPACIFIC SECTORS ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY DL FLIGHT OPERATED BY KE.
Category 5: Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE AT LEAST 8 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED AT LEAST 4 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE. OR - RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE AT LEAST 5 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 72 HOURS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE. OR - RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 24 HOURS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE.
Category 8: Stopover restrictions
UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT.
Category 9: Transfer restrictions
UNLIMITED TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.
Category 10: Combinability
END-ON-END PERMITTED. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED WITH NO RESTRICTIONS. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA POINT OF COMBINATION. ADD-ON CONSTRUCTION IS ADDRESSED IN MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS - CATEGORY 23. OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS -TO FORM SINGLE OR DOUBLE OPEN JAWS. A MAXIMUM OF TWO INTERNATIONAL FARE COMPONENTS PERMITTED. MILEAGE OF THE OPEN SEGMENT MUST BE EQUAL/LESS THAN MILEAGE OF THE SHORTEST FLOWN FARE COMPONENT. -TO FORM ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS. PROVIDED - COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY FARE FOR ANY CARRIER IN ANY RULE IN ANY TARIFF.
Category 12: Surcharges
IF INFANT 0-1 WITHOUT A SEAT. THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR TRAVEL PER DIRECTION. THE PROVISIONS BELOW APPLY ONLY AS FOLLOWS - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR AF. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR AM. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR AZ. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR DJ. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR KE. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR KL. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR KQ. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR ME. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR OA. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR OK. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR PS. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR TN. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR VA. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR VN. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR VS. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR VT. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR 9U. OR - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON DL OR 9W. THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR TRAVEL PER DIRECTION. NOTE - YR FEE MAY APPLY A SURCHARGE OF USD 382.00 PER DIRECTION WILL BE ADDED TO THE APPLICABLE FARE FOR TRAVEL.
Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MAY NOT BE SOLD IN VENEZUELA/CUBA/ZIMBABWE/ CAMEROON/CHAD/CONGO (BRAZZAVILLE)/GABON. TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN AREA 1/AREA 2/AREA 3.
Category 16: Penalties
CANCELLATIONS CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED. CHANGES CHANGES PERMITTED. NOTE - ----TICKET VALIDITY---- TICKET IS VALID FOR 1 YEAR FROM THE ORIGINAL DATE OF ISSUANCE AND TRAVEL MUST COMMENCE WITHIN THIS VALIDITY PERIOD. ONCE TRAVEL HAS COMMENCED THEN ALL TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 YEAR FROM THE DATE ON WHICH TRAVEL COMMENCED. IF A TICKET IS EXCHANGED OR REISSUED - 1. A WHOLLY UNUSED TICKET MUST BE EXCHANGED WITHIN THE ORIGINAL VALIDITY PERIOD OF 1 YEAR AND WILL BE GIVEN A NEW TICKET ISSUE DATE BASED ON THE DATE OF EXCHANGE. 2. IF TRAVEL HAS COMMENCED THEN THE TICKET MUST BE REISSUED AND ALL TRAVEL COMPLETED WITHIN 1 YEAR FROM THE DATE ON WHICH TRAVEL COMMENCED. . -FOR INFORMATION ON TICKET REISSUE PROCEDURES SEE DELTA/S INTERNATIONAL CONTRACT OF CARRIAGE RULE 22 REROUTING
Category 19: Discounts
ACCOMPANIED CHILD 2-11 - CHARGE 100 PERCENT OF THE FARE OR - INFANT UNDER 2 WITH A SEAT - CHARGE 100 PERCENT OF THE FARE OR - 1ST INFANT UNDER 2 WITHOUT A SEAT - CHARGE 10 PERCENT OF THE FARE. TICKET DESIGNATOR - IN AND PERCENT OF DISCOUNT OR - UNACCOMPANIED CHILD 5-11 - NO DISCOUNT.
Category 20: Tour Discounts
NOTE - DISCOUNTS APPLY
Category 23: Miscellaneous Fare Tags
THIS FARE MUST NOT BE USED AS THE HIGH OR THE LOW FARE WHEN CALCULATING A DIFFERENTIAL. THIS FARE MAY BE USED AS THE THROUGH FARE WHEN PRICING A FARE COMPONENT WITH OR WITHOUT A DIFFERENTIAL.
Category 31: Voluntary changes
IN THE EVENT OF CHANGES TO TICKETED FLIGHTS BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY - APPLIES WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF DL INTERNATIONAL FARES NO CHARGE FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS - CATEGORY 19 DISCOUNTS APPLY AND REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT TODAY PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 2. DL FARES ARE USED 3. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT OR - REPRICE USING CURRENT FARES - ONLY BOOKING CODE CHANGES PERMITTED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO FARE BREAKS 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. SAME TRAVEL DATES 4. DL FARES ARE USED 5. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - ANYTIME WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF DL INTERNATIONAL FARES NO CHARGE FOR REISSUE OR HIGHEST FEE OF ALL CHANGED FARE COMPONENTS - CATEGORY 19 DISCOUNTS APPLY AND REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FARE COMPONENT 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 4. DL FARES ARE USED 5. WHEN SAME FARE USED - ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET EXCEPT ACCOMPANIED TRAVEL - OTHERWISE ALL PROVISIONS MUST BE MET 6. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - AFTER DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY - APPLIES WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CHANGES NOT PERMITTED/REFUND TKT-ANY REMAINING AMT WILL APPLY TO NEW TKT.
Category 50: Application
APPLICATION AREA THESE FARES APPLY BETWEEN AREA 1 AND AREA 3. CLASS OF SERVICE THESE FARES APPLY FOR FIRST CLASS SERVICE. TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION THIS RULE GOVERNS ONE-WAY AND ROUND-TRIP FARES. FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE ONE-WAY/ROUND-TRIP/CIRCLE-TRIP/OPEN-JAW/ROUND-THE-WORLD JOURNEYS. CAPACITY LIMITATIONS THE CARRIER SHALL LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PASSENGERS CARRIED ON ANY ONE FLIGHT AT FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE AND SUCH FARES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE AVAILABLE ON ALL FLIGHTS. THE NUMBER OF SEATS WHICH THE CARRIER SHALL MAKE AVAILABLE ON A GIVEN FLIGHT WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE CARRIERS BEST JUDGMENT
Copying the fare rules here in case anyone needs to reference
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by muntz73
There are so many great villas in Bali that are cheap I would not even consider a hotel. Private pool, most have staff with them that cook, etc.
Any recommendations? First time to Bali with family.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Sorry for the newbie question...how does one change the FF# to Flying Blue? It seems like most people are saying that is the best place to credit.
In the reservation on the DL site, if you scroll down you will see your SkyMiles number listed. Click remove. Then youll have the option to add the FFN from another Skyteam carrier. Note that youll then not see the reservation when logged into your Delta account anymore so will have to look it up by PNR. Should still show up in the app.
UAPremierGuy likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:09 pm

What is the benefit of crediting to Flying Blue? I don't have any status with Delta or otherwise, and this flight will get me at least to Silver through Delta crediting. Thanks
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by traveler202
What is the benefit of crediting to Flying Blue? I don't have any status with Delta or otherwise, and this flight will get me at least to Silver through Delta crediting. Thanks
Redeemable miles on Delta is based on cost (not much for this ), while crediting to Flying Blue yields 300% of miles flown for F, for around 60'000 redeemable miles. And 60'000 Flying Blue miles are worth more than 15'000 Sky Pesos.

All comes down to what you value, if you're with Delta then the MQM might make more sense.
traveler202 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
redeem AF F awards.
traveler202 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Delete

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Jun 12, 2022 at 5:20 pm
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Depending on your routing, you will either be on the cusp of or over the threshold for Flying Blue Gold, and all the Skypriority benefits that entails. Many here, I assume, will also be taking advantage of the credit card XP bonus to easily reach FB Platinum.
appreciate this. Kind of new to AF. Is it the BofA card? If I already used my generic Amex plat, should I get the AF card to max this out?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
If this ticket yields ~60K redeemable Flying Blue miles, one could theoretically redeem a JFK-CDG roundtrip award ticket in Y given that a one-way requires approximately 22K miles.

Is this assumption correct?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:58 pm

appreciate this. Kind of new to AF. Is it the BofA card? If I already used my generic Amex plat, should I get the AF card to max this out?
Yes I'm new too AF as well, but if this fare holds, I will be joining the throng of new Flying Blue Elites

As far as the credit card goes, it all depends on your current situation. It has an $89 annual fee, but the current signing bonus is 60XP on approval and a reasonable 2k spend for another 40XP and 70000 miles. The miles alone make up for the annual fee in my opinion.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Yes I'm new too AF as well, but if this fare holds, I will be joining the throng of new Flying Blue Elites

As far as the credit card goes, it all depends on your current situation. It has an $89 annual fee, but the current signing bonus is 60XP on approval and a reasonable 2k spend for another 40XP and 70000 miles. The miles alone make up for the annual fee in my opinion.
so with that 100 you get to Silver. And then its another 80 needed for Gold right?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:14 pm

so with that 100 you get to Silver. And then its another 80 needed for Gold right?
No I believe you would need another 180 after getting silver
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:39 pm

FlyingBlue benefits are pretty bare

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.