Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ysolomah
Called AMEX after booking and they keep telling me the fuel surcharge ($260) will become non-refundable after the 24h period. I checked the fare basis and I'm seeing FRT/APXZ so not sure what's going on there. Anyone know what AMEX is talking about or if that's even correct?
Welcome to Flyertalk. NEVER CALL on these good deal fares until it is confirmed later in the thread that the airline will honor them. You'll kill the deal faster for others by doing so.
jfkeze, bobblevins, 15cats and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by CaliTravelbug
Which lounge would you guys use at JFK? I read that the KE first lounge is pretty sad. This is a DL coded flight so Skyclub? Is there a first class section?

As someone else mentioned, you could check out the AF lounge but it's only marginally better. There's an upper and ground level. I'm not sure if the upper level is only for J-flying AF pax only. On my last jaunt few months ago the food between upper and ground seemed the same. Actually, they took away most of the food from the upper but still had plenty of options at the ground level. I don't think I remember there being a bar. The KE lounge is form over function. It looks nice but don't expect anything. If you have priority pass you could possibly try the Primeclass or LH lounge in T1.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Darn. Im MQM rich but MQD poor 😢
Aeromexico can help with that, a few MQD Runs to TIJuana
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
FYI. TravelCodex (I have no affiliation with them) just published a blog post about this deal.
j.king likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nado
FYI. TravelCodex (I have no affiliation with them) just published a blog post about this deal.
What's interesting is none of the major "blogs" mentioned this deal while it was live yesterday and early this morning.

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see any articles published about fare until the blog post you just linked to.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I don't think that's how it works
It is DL ticket and DL tickets are handled, in some countries, by AF calling centre. With a few everything is possible.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
As someone else mentioned, you could check out the AF lounge but it's only marginally better. There's an upper and ground level. I'm not sure if the upper level is only for J-flying AF pax only. On my last jaunt few months ago the food between upper and ground seemed the same. Actually, they took away most of the food from the upper but still had plenty of options at the ground level. I don't think I remember there being a bar. The KE lounge is form over function. It looks nice but don't expect anything. If you have priority pass you could possibly try the Primeclass or LH lounge in T1.
He might mean the La Premiere Lounge for F on AF at JFK.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:28 pm

How does Delta handle trips that span a calendar year? Will the MQM/MQD just be split based on when the actual flight was?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by traveler202
How does Delta handle trips that span a calendar year? Will the MQM/MQD just be split based on when the actual flight was?
Yes, they will be split per flight
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:44 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I have feeling that these are already being blocked by Korean Air. Reservations are not pulling up on Korean's website, when utilizing the Korean Airlines locator. Although it's a codeshare/delta coded flight, one would think with the KE record locater, Korean Air would display the itinerary

In addition, seats can no longer be booked/changed. It appears to book them, but then errors out.

Likely more information tomorrow.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by DoubleWidesFly
I have feeling that these are already being blocked by Korean Air. Reservations are not pulling up on Korean's website, when utilizing the Korean Airlines locator. Although it's a codeshare/delta coded flight, one would think with the KE record locater, Korean Air would display the itinerary

In addition, seats can no longer be booked/changed. It appears to book them, but then errors out.

I'm not sure this will show on KE website as it's a DL flight. I was able to pull up my receipt just fine.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by DoubleWidesFly

Read up thread. You will need to select and confirm seats individually. The interface is buggy.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jetrigger
Centurion lounge lol
Just show up early as the Centurion is in T4 I believe Korean Air is out of T1
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:00 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Read up thread. You will need to select and confirm seats individually. The interface is buggy.
Thanks...but still concerning that flights cannot be pulled up on Korean Air with the Korean Air PNR
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:03 pm

Where do you get your KE PNR? Same a DL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.