Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Old Jun 12, 22, 10:08 am
  #196  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 29
Which lounge would you guys use at JFK? I read that the KE first lounge is pretty sad. This is a DL coded flight so Skyclub? Is there a first class section?
CaliTravelbug is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:08 am
  #197  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: BOS, YVR, ZRH
Programs: *G
Posts: 12,933
Originally Posted by CueballJR View Post
Hey everyone. Long time reader but I havenít really commented much (Iím envisioning the torches and pitchforks about how long itís been since Iíve postedÖ)

Now that the flights booked, how do we get ahold of the long and arduous fare rules? Would love to have something SHOWING refundable.

Only thing I have is this screenshot, but Iím wondering if itís still showing refundable because Iím within 24 hours?
It says "FRT" in the fare rules you got on your e-mail receipt. Someone can probably also look up the rules on expertflyer, but when I looked at them before booking it was definitely fully refundable, and it also says so on DL.com, both for the fare info and when you try to cancel.
Smiley90 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:21 am
  #198  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 111
Originally Posted by CaliTravelbug View Post
Which lounge would you guys use at JFK? I read that the KE first lounge is pretty sad. This is a DL coded flight so Skyclub? Is there a first class section?
Centurion lounge lol
jona970318 and Brandinho1 like this.
Jetrigger is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:23 am
  #199  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,817
Looks like fare gonenow begins the fun part
jona970318 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:26 am
  #200  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern Cali
Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,541
Originally Posted by jona970318 View Post
Looks like fare gonenow begins the fun part
Pretty crazy it lasted as long as it did.
FlyingFrZ is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:28 am
  #201  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: BOS, YVR, ZRH
Programs: *G
Posts: 12,933
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Pretty crazy it lasted as long as it did.
I'll take it as a good sign. It's a 2300 base fare with 300 YQ, looks reasonable enough to me!
jona970318, FlyingFrZ and kennyhsg like this.
Smiley90 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:29 am
  #202  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Programs: Delta - Plat, Marriott - Platinum, Starwood - Gold
Posts: 115
Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
It says "FRT" in the fare rules you got on your e-mail receipt. Someone can probably also look up the rules on expertflyer, but when I looked at them before booking it was definitely fully refundable, and it also says so on DL.com, both for the fare info and when you try to cancel.
Sure enough! Says 1175FRT. Thanks for pointing that out. Appreciate the education.
CueballJR is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:31 am
  #203  
Marriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Posts: 4,518
Originally Posted by CaliTravelbug View Post
Which lounge would you guys use at JFK? I read that the KE first lounge is pretty sad. This is a DL coded flight so Skyclub? Is there a first class section?
There's not really any option to get excited about. The SkyClub at JFK would require clearing security twice as it's in T4 while KE departs from T1, and the JFK SkyClub is usually overcrowded so I would not bother. The AF (J) lounge is marginally nicer than the KE F lounge but they may or may not let you in, depending how busy they are. (There is a small dedicated section of the AF lounge for AF's F passengers, but you would not have access to that flying KE.) I would just accept that this is not going to be a particularly exciting lounge experience trip.
bgriff is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:41 am
  #204  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,817
Anyone have experience pulling up the reservation on KE's website?

I don't think they use the same PNR right? So I guess only thing to do is call DL to get KE confirmation?
jona970318 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:44 am
  #205  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ASE
Programs: AA EXP, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Globalist, UA/HHonors/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
Posts: 3,148
Originally Posted by bgriff View Post
There's not really any option to get excited about. The SkyClub at JFK would require clearing security twice as it's in T4 while KE departs from T1, and the JFK SkyClub is usually overcrowded so I would not bother. The AF (J) lounge is marginally nicer than the KE F lounge but they may or may not let you in, depending how busy they are. (There is a small dedicated section of the AF lounge for AF's F passengers, but you would not have access to that flying KE.) I would just accept that this is not going to be a particularly exciting lounge experience trip.
Glad that I will be flying Delta One JFK-LAX then! And I believe the KE lounge is open in LAX, which is decent, having been there many times over the years via Priority Pass. Hopefully the Centurion Lounge in TBIT is open by then, too!
UAPremierGuy is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:05 am
  #206  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: BOS, YVR, ZRH
Programs: *G
Posts: 12,933
Originally Posted by CueballJR View Post
Sure enough! Says 1175FRT. Thanks for pointing that out. Appreciate the education.
I'm now also more than 24hrs past booking time and it still says "fully refundable to original form of payment" to me.

Now I've got about a month to figure out which of the two bookings to keep without an unnecessary 5500 USD on my credit card, then we wait and see.
Smiley90 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:32 am
  #207  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by bgriff View Post
There's not really any option to get excited about. The SkyClub at JFK would require clearing security twice as it's in T4 while KE departs from T1, and the JFK SkyClub is usually overcrowded so I would not bother. The AF (J) lounge is marginally nicer than the KE F lounge but they may or may not let you in, depending how busy they are. (There is a small dedicated section of the AF lounge for AF's F passengers, but you would not have access to that flying KE.) I would just accept that this is not going to be a particularly exciting lounge experience trip.
This saves me about an hour of googling so thank you so much. Looks like Centurion is also in T4 so no go there either. Iíll plan on slumming it in the KE lounge until boarding. Cue the tiny violin.
CaliTravelbug is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:37 am
  #208  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 78
Originally Posted by jona970318 View Post
Anyone have experience pulling up the reservation on KE's website?

I don't think they use the same PNR right? So I guess only thing to do is call DL to get KE confirmation?
this is a DL flight on KE metal. Likely not going to get a KE confirm.
traveler202 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:38 am
  #209  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida, USA
Programs: UA Million Miler
Posts: 768
Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
Now I've got about a month to figure out which of the two bookings to keep without an unnecessary 5500 USD on my credit card, then we wait and see.
I think you should keep both bookings.
Nado is offline  
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:50 am
  #210  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 2
Called AMEX after booking and they keep telling me the fuel surcharge ($260) will become non-refundable after the 24h period. I checked the fare basis and I'm seeing FRT/APXZ so not sure what's going on there. Anyone know what AMEX is talking about or if that's even correct?
ysolomah is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread