Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
I see it as 21898 BIS miles via LAX outbound

A map from Great Circle Mapper - Great Circle Mapper

which USA credit card to combine with to get Flying Blue Platinum if one were trying to use miles for AF F? Thanks much
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
OMG. Thanks, OP! Booked for $2061 JFK-LAX-ICN-DPS-ICN-JFK in October with IAP and the credit! Never flown KE, let alone KE F, so very excited!!! Fingers crossed this sticks!
cln and advisorytoptop like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
KE F is totally worth trying especially since you are getting a good price, but honestly for an Asian carrier - JAL NH CX are significantly better. Caveat on the ground - KE has the newish ICN terminal so it's nice that everything is shiny with a more modern terminal layout.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Lucky enough to have flown JAL, NH, and CX F, so can't wait to finally get on KE! Plus, I love ICN and haven't been to the new terminal, only the old one on Asiana and AA multiple times back in the day.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:26 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Any chance this will credit to AS?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by richh1833
Any chance this will credit to AS?
Qualify for mileage accrual
Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Korean Air. Codeshare flights marketed by and operated by another carrier are not eligible to earn miles. Korean Air award flights booked into the fare classes above are not eligible to earn miles or elite qualifying miles or segments.
Eligible flight numbers
0001–1999
2000–2999
6000–6999
8000–8999

To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (KE) must precede the flight number (for example, KE XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.
The answer will be no since it's DLXXXX (marketed) / operated by KE.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:53 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by flyer89
Qualify for mileage accrual
Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Korean Air. Codeshare flights marketed by and operated by another carrier are not eligible to earn miles. Korean Air award flights booked into the fare classes above are not eligible to earn miles or elite qualifying miles or segments.
Eligible flight numbers
0001–1999
2000–2999
6000–6999
8000–8999

To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (KE) must precede the flight number (for example, KE XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.
The answer will be no since it's DLXXXX (marketed) / operated by KE.
That I know but prior to OW integration, you could get QF marketed but AA or BA operated and any combiation like that to credit to AS. Just wanted to see if there was any anecdotal evidence of this working for KE/DL.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by richh1833
That I know but prior to OW integration, you could get QF marketed but AA or BA operated and any combiation like that to credit to AS. Just wanted to see if there was any anecdotal evidence of this working for KE/DL.
The DL codes will kill any chances, might be worth looking at FlyingBlue as they credit Delta F at 300%, the highest number per WhereToCredit, as far as XP go, on a JFK-ICN (F) it's 6906 miles or 60 XPs and ICN-DPS is 3262 miles or 24 XPs so 84 XPs or 168 RT , that gives you silver status (100 XPs) with 68 XPs to spare on your way to Gold which needs 180 XPs.
FlyingBlue does not credit nicely domestic flights as JFK-LAX would only give you 6 XPs the max for domestic Business...
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by traveler202
Amex saying it is unavailable in J evidently. They can see on their end that it is supposed to be J. My option is to try and cancel and rebook... which they say will require me to pay the new fare, which is 10x price. Anyone ever dealt with anything like this? Am I SOL?

I bought my ticket super early and booked seats as soon as I could.
You called?

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
This will be nerfed soon + KE is already aware about this fare error thanks to twitter + someone on the first few pages who was asinine to call the airline with a 2016-2018 FT join date 🙄😴 ...
Asinine? You mean, like, calling this a "fare error"?

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
😴 you need to search through this thread + use twitter if you're that daft to think my post was a meme

i pointed out their 2016-2018 join date = dormant accounts, contribute nothing to FT, joined before me yet they dont know the first rule of mistake fares. Incoming changes/pulls. Hope y'all are ready as the proof is in this thread.🤠
The user might have broken the first rule but you've broken the second.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Seems to be pulled.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:52 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
It's not I just got another
Sandy Hopper likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: HH
Will you share the details?
I just cannot find any more availability
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:47 am

Thanks OP for posting this fare, which now seems to be dead. Excited to be flying KE again, although from my experience it's not as great as CX or JL/NH F (the food is basically the same as J, cabin too warm, lights kept too bright, seat is not very private) on 777 and A380. On the 748, though, KE F is awesome and fingers crossed at least one of sectors gets a 748.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
For those of you routing ICN-TPE-DPS ON THE inter-asian sections...... We had a trip booked with layover in TPE also but it was 12 hours and Taiwan only allows transfers in TPE for 8 hours or less now due to Covid. It is on China Air Website or easy google. We cancelled that booking and made one direct from ICN-DPS. I highly recommend you do the same!

Last edited by muntz73; Jun 12, 2022 at 6:50 am Reason: didn't quote OP
Old Jun 12, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by muntz73
For those of you routing ICN-TPE-DPS ON THE inter-asian sections...... We had a trip booked with layover in TPE also but it was 12 hours and Taiwan only allows transfers in TPE for 8 hours or less now due to Covid. It is on China Air Website or easy google. We cancelled that booking and made one direct from ICN-DPS. I highly recommend you do the same!
8 hours layover? As far as I checked last week, it was still no go for transfer pax no matter what is the layover time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.