Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone] KE: US-DPS Fully Refundable First Class, 2700USD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Of those who were able to ticket this, who is slated to travel soonest? I got in for mid-October, but figured that the next 2-4 weeks would see whether this stays ticketed as booked. I’m eager to see if anyone is able to fly it soon.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:22 pm

I got my wife and I booked through Delta for travel in mid September. Opted against IAP (even tho it hurt my heart to let go of the $700 savings) as the only outbound route for our dates on IAP involved China airlines, 2 stops, and a long layover in TPE rather than Seoul. We much prefer the 13 hour layover in Seoul as we’d like to utilize the free transit tours from Incheon.

We have to take a positioning flight from LAX to JFK on the outbound but our return flight transits through LAX so we’re gonna ditch the last class.

Hope this sticks! And thanks OP!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by CaliTravelbug
I got my wife and I booked through Delta for travel in mid September. Opted against IAP (even tho it hurt my heart to let go of the $700 savings) as the only outbound route for our dates on IAP involved China airlines, 2 stops, and a long layover in TPE rather than Seoul. We much prefer the 13 hour layover in Seoul as we’d like to utilize the free transit tours from Incheon.

We have to take a positioning flight from LAX to JFK on the outbound but our return flight transits through LAX so we’re gonna ditch the last class.

Hope this sticks! And thanks OP!
what is worst case if you miss last leg? Do you check in for the flight? Or not?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: AC
Booked, However, in the confirmation email I received, the T&C states that "This ticket is non-refundable unless the original ticket was issued at a fully refundable fare."??? What that means?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
Amazing that this fare hasn't been pulled yet. Hope it sticks and good luck to folks who rolled the dice!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by traveler202
what is worst case if you miss last leg? Do you check in for the flight? Or not?
They won't do anything. You collect your luggage at LAX anyways so you can just walk out of the airport and be on your way.
CaliTravelbug likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by traveler202
I think you check in for the entire trip, not in segments. So I guess I would be checked in for that last leg. I’ve never done this myself but from what I’ve read, airlines don’t like it when you do this but nothing bad will happen to you. Maybe someone else with more experience with this can chime in?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:44 pm

Booked for next year, but via DL in a rush and on my phone ... sadly didn't look at IAP at the time and now the dates are all booked up. Literally all of April booked. Got the last 2 seats on our flights. Wondering how risky it would be to cancel, free up the inventory, and immediately rebook with Amex... thoughts? We're about 50/50 on taking the trip and the extra $1000 savings might be the kicker...
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Was the 2056 w/ IAP from JFK only?

I ended up with 2361 w/ IAP but that included JFK - LAX on the outbound.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Air France Platinum, and still missing Virgin America Elevate Gold
I bought 2 dates as I wasn't sure, I will keep one and cancel the other. But I just need to be SURE the ticket is refundable. When I booked it said changeable/refundable and I have a screen shot but not sure if that's enough evidence if I get in a fight? Maybe Delta would accuse me of photoshop or something especially since the screen shot is right before I paid. Screenshots attached FWIW. My classes are F and J only. Does F and J mean GUARANTEED refundable? Is there anywhere I can look on Delta to CONFIRM this? I just need one way to be 100% sure I'll get my money back. I need to do this in the next 12 hours since I still have the USDOT 24hr cancelation policy covering me for a bit longer. Any tips on how to get a definitive confirmation?

Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Of those who were able to ticket this, who is slated to travel soonest? I got in for mid-October, but figured that the next 2-4 weeks would see whether this stays ticketed as booked. I’m eager to see if anyone is able to fly it soon.
I'm booked 2nd week of August. Also booked another one near end of December. Hope someone has a flight before me and all goes smoothly!
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chichow
Was the 2056 w/ IAP from JFK only?

I ended up with 2361 w/ IAP but that included JFK - LAX on the outbound.
There is an Amex offer for $300 off when making a flight booking for $1000 or more. That's where the extra $300 off comes from.
advisorytoptop likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by mikeap
I bought 2 dates as I wasn't sure, I will keep one and cancel the other. But I just need to be SURE the ticket is refundable. When I booked it said changeable/refundable and I have a screen shot but not sure if that's enough evidence if I get in a fight? Maybe Delta would accuse me of photoshop or something especially since the screen shot is right before I paid. Screenshots attached FWIW. My classes are F and J only. Does F and J mean GUARANTEED refundable? Is there anywhere I can look on Delta to CONFIRM this? I just need one way to be 100% sure I'll get my money back. I need to do this in the next 12 hours since I still have the USDOT 24hr cancelation policy covering me for a bit longer. Any tips on how to get a definitive confirmation?

It says refundable right there. Also if you go to your delta flight page and click modify it will tell you it is refundable while giving you the option to cancel or change flight.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
I'm an idiot. I forgot the 300 is a statement credit. Woohoo!
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by jdkgdd
I'm booked 2nd week of August. Also booked another one near end of December. Hope someone has a flight before me and all goes smoothly!
its written first refundable so no question about it, no worries about the cancellation of any ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.