Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{prem fare gone}: FRA-SIN oneway LH/SQ $986

{prem fare gone}: FRA-SIN oneway LH/SQ $986

Old May 24, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
There is no don't call the airline "rule". People (kindly) post a fare on what is basically a public forum, all manner of people reading it may respond in their own way, for their own reason. There are lots of good reasons why someone may decide to call an airline especially once they have booked a fare and are trying to make plans around it. If you don't want somebody you don't know calling an airline about a fare you have found (something which in many cases actually helps people flying that fare, although in other cases it may not) don't post it on FT.
Don't all people who post exceptionally good fare on Flyertalk know that those fares are going to be dead sooner or later for being published? Well at least I do.

Totally agree that if you don't want to get a fare pulled off or canceled, simply don't publish it on FT and pretend nothing happened after booking for yourself.

Originally Posted by wanderupfront
Second that!

Mods, perhaps we can convey that when new folks sign up? It's rather selfish, when other people might be in process of booking, to have fares removed because of someone alerting the airline to it. Also isn't there always a risk that the airline can also cancel your freshly booked tickets too?
LOL we don't live in ancient times. You really think it's calling airline that sell the fare out? Hundreds of people booking the same or similiar routes for an atypical fare in a day or two is going to trigger some sort of risk control algorithms immediately and manual review later.

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Behave. Once a fare is posted on FT it's dead regardless. This didn't used to be the case, but the site is now too big and there are too many silent blog vultures circling these boards.

There's a reason the phrase "Flyertalk - Where good fares go to die" exists.
FT isn't some obscure forum for secret association. Quite a lot people here think the blogs are the reason for such fare to be pulled off, but thing won't change much either without those blogs. Tons of people booking the same route on an anomalous fare in a short time are already suspicious enough for systems to spot and trigger manual review.

The best way to avoid that is not to share. Unintended fare is going to be gone if anyone book it.
HarbourGent likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
There is no don't call the airline "rule". People (kindly) post a fare on what is basically a public forum, all manner of people reading it may respond in their own way, for their own reason. There are lots of good reasons why someone may decide to call an airline especially once they have booked a fare and are trying to make plans around it. If you don't want somebody you don't know calling an airline about a fare you have found (something which in many cases actually helps people flying that fare, although in other cases it may not) don't post it on FT.
Calling is not the difference between a fare being available and a fare disappearing. But calling likely means a fare will disappear quicker than it would have. Furthermore, the issues which would lead someone to call, like seat selection, can be delayed until it's closer to the time of travel. It's a common courtesy to other users here if you benefit from booking a fare that pops up. Sadly, it's easier to take from FT than it is to give.
kyushuman, slowly, gunlie and 2 others like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA& UA 1MM, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
So if one isn't supposed to go to FT to find such deals, where does one look (other than the obvious blogs)? Enquiring minds would like to know. MUCH gratitude to those who post such deals. I have benefitted greatly over the years and as a guy on a working man's salary, I very much appreciate the opportunity to have flown in some of the world's best premium cabins over the years. Something that, growing up poor, I never thought I'd be able to do!
simonsmith, slowly, CLEguy and 3 others like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
So if one isn't supposed to go to FT to find such deals, where does one look (other than the obvious blogs)? Enquiring minds would like to know. MUCH gratitude to those who post such deals. I have benefitted greatly over the years and as a guy on a working man's salary, I very much appreciate the opportunity to have flown in some of the world's best premium cabins over the years. Something that, growing up poor, I never thought I'd be able to do!
At least from my experience is usually exhaustive Google Flight searches (with multiple origins and explore mode) with the luck to bump into something. Luck may be way more important than searching skills prehaps?

You find yourself an exceptional deal and decide whether you want to publish it here or keep it to yourself
DiamondMile likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by airbourne_kiwi
sarcasm noted, but i managed to get an upgrade to First, and flights confirmed, it paid to call same day as I was able to get the last two Suites.
Just out of interest what did you pay for the upgrade to Suites? How many Points or cash?
Old May 25, 2022, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by airbourne_kiwi
I booked one way tickets flying SQ (J) Full Flex at the above cost for the wife and I then 777 (O/F) SIN-MEL using points. I hope the FRA-SIN wont cancel! I called and First was sold out with very few business seats remaining in the upper deck.

Be great for us to keep in touch, to see if anyone runs into any issues with cancellations etc., but flying SQ Metal at this price on my dates was an opportunity too good to ignore.
1. Don't call the airline
Old May 30, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: LH&BA
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
I didn't book this, but going to the provided GF link and then following to LH site, I saw this (see highlighted in Screenshot)

Seems it is according to this
Rebooking problem is that J is widely available but fare difference is now 4k++
Old May 30, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by tkwetina
Rebooking problem is that J is widely available but fare difference is now 4k++
Well obviously. You got a J ticket for $900. The benefit is rather that you can get a full refund in case of cancellation, not that you can freely change the date of the booking. Tiny violins are playing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.