Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

{prem fare gone}: FRA-SIN oneway LH/SQ $986

{prem fare gone}: FRA-SIN oneway LH/SQ $986

Old May 23, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
Originally Posted by hartwith
I think the fare is now dead. Got through to payment and then the price doubled. Anyone got any OTAs still working?
kiwi.com still shows it - no idea if it's bookable or not
Old May 23, 2022, 4:08 am

Programs: LH Senator*, IHG Diamond Elite, Accor ALL Diamond
Just booked via Opodo, even a bit cheaper than shown on google flights. Tickets issued in Lufthansa-Stock.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:36 am

Great deal.. seeing very patchy availability with those prices now.
Im more keen on booking SQ metal to then upgrade to SQ F. Does anyone know if this is possible since in all cases it seems to be LH ticketed/LH code ?
Old May 23, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
And for those interested this appears to be a LH fare filed on 20 May.

Fare basis code is: JCOUPON - which is fully flexible business class (cancellations/changes without penalty).

Fare was expired/pulled earlier today. Shame I missed it!
Old May 23, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: Air NZ (*GE), ALL Accor (Diamond)
Successfully Booked

I booked one way tickets flying SQ (J) Full Flex at the above cost for the wife and I then 777 (O/F) SIN-MEL using points. I hope the FRA-SIN wont cancel! I called and First was sold out with very few business seats remaining in the upper deck.

Be great for us to keep in touch, to see if anyone runs into any issues with cancellations etc., but flying SQ Metal at this price on my dates was an opportunity too good to ignore.
Old May 23, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by frankliu
seems that the upgrade charge will not be refunded if the ticket need to be cancelled/changed? Not sure if that only applies to upgrade offer or also applies to fixed upgrade
That's what charge backs are for if airlines pull crap like that I suppose. The ticket cannot be changed considering changing to any other day will be charged at full J costs anyways.
Old May 23, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by airbourne_kiwi
I booked one way tickets flying SQ (J) Full Flex at the above cost for the wife and I then 777 (O/F) SIN-MEL using points. I hope the FRA-SIN wont cancel! I called and First was sold out with very few business seats remaining in the upper deck.

Be great for us to keep in touch, to see if anyone runs into any issues with cancellations etc., but flying SQ Metal at this price on my dates was an opportunity too good to ignore.
Oh, you called the airline the same day, did you? Bless
Spiff and gr99ahlc like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
Oh, you called the airline the same day, did you? Bless
sarcasm noted, but i managed to get an upgrade to First, and flights confirmed, it paid to call same day as I was able to get the last two Suites.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by airbourne_kiwi
sarcasm noted, but i managed to get an upgrade to First, and flights confirmed, it paid to call same day as I was able to get the last two Suites.
It might have paid for you and it might also therefore have not paid for other members desperately trying to secure the sale fare.

If you called while the fare was still bookable, you broke the first rule and you did others a disservice.
Spiff, kyushuman, slowly and 11 others like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by danger
It might have paid for you and it might also therefore have not paid for other members desperately trying to secure the sale fare.

If you called while the fare was still bookable, you broke the first rule and you did others a disservice.
oh I see! Apologies I understand now. Just to be clear the pricing had reset back to normal, I.e., I secured the sale fare and in about four hours, I called as it was late evening here in NZ. As I mentioned, I was hoping the date wouldnt be cancelled.

apologies I didnt explain myself and I wasnt clearer. Id hate to think I was responsible for the community missing out!!

cam
Old May 24, 2022, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by danger

There is no don't call the airline "rule". People (kindly) post a fare on what is basically a public forum, all manner of people reading it may respond in their own way, for their own reason. There are lots of good reasons why someone may decide to call an airline especially once they have booked a fare and are trying to make plans around it. If you don't want somebody you don't know calling an airline about a fare you have found (something which in many cases actually helps people flying that fare, although in other cases it may not) don't post it on FT.
Spiff, rizrizriz, hsk and 1 others like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: AA& UA 1MM, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I think that there should be a FT rule that people who admittedly call the airline on such fares while it is still active should be banned, or at least suspended, from Flyertalk until such time as they learn the first rules of Fight Club.
Old May 24, 2022, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I think that there should be a FT rule that people who admittedly call the airline on such fares while it is still active should be banned, or at least suspended, from Flyertalk until such time as they learn the first rules of Fight Club.
Second that!

Mods, perhaps we can convey that when new folks sign up? It's rather selfish, when other people might be in process of booking, to have fares removed because of someone alerting the airline to it. Also isn't there always a risk that the airline can also cancel your freshly booked tickets too?
slowly and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by wanderupfront
Second that!

Mods, perhaps we can convey that when new folks sign up? It's rather selfish, when other people might be in process of booking, to have fares removed because of someone alerting the airline to it. Also isn't there always a risk that the airline can also cancel your freshly booked tickets too?
One might also say that having just 34 posts in 3 years of membership here is a sign of someone who takes more from this community than they contribute. I wouldn't, but one might.

Congratulations to all who were able to snag this. I unfortunately missed out.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Behave. Once a fare is posted on FT it's dead regardless. This didn't used to be the case, but the site is now too big and there are too many silent blog vultures circling these boards.

There's a reason the phrase "Flyertalk - Where good fares go to die" exists.
Markie, msm2000uk, snoptro and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.