Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: BA: BOS- LHR J $812 w/AARP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: BA: BOS- LHR J $812 w/AARP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: VA (Plat), QR (OWE), BAEC (Silver), AY (Gold), HH (Diamond)
Originally Posted by guv1976
AFAIK, AARP does not require U.S. residency to join. On the online membership application form, there is a drop-down menu for country of residence. Unfortunately, while most countries are listed, I do not see either the U.K. or E.U. countries there. (But Gibraltar and the Falkland Islands on the list!)

I suggest doing an online chat with AARP customer service at this site:

https://help.aarp.org/s/
I signed up not long ago, entering all UK details apart from country, for which I entered as Gibraltar. Then as soon as I was registered could change my country to the UK, and received the welcome letter to the correct address not long after. Not sure what it's all about
Tofino87 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:20 am

Perfect thank you both!!
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:29 am

Thank you! Booked and stacked AARP with the Chase BA promo chaseba10 for $720 RT
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:43 am

What about from West Coast?

Was trying to build from SFO.
Thank you to OP.
Originally Posted by macie
Thank you! Booked and stacked AARP with the Chase BA promo chaseba10 for $720 RT
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Was trying to build from SFO.
Thank you to OP.
Find anything good?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Man, you East Coasters have all the fun

Great fare OP
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:23 pm

Died while I was booking

On the plus side. I now have a year of AARP membership.
atourgates and nk15 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Died while I was booking

On the plus side. I now have a year of AARP membership.
LOL. I received a work call that went far too long. By the time I came back to the payment page it had timed out. Great deal while it lasted.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:09 pm

Thanks, OP!

I was seeing that the return could be to NYC for the same price, with connections in SNN/HEL/ORD/MIA, but the deal was gone by the time I put an itinerary together.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by qupasyd
Thanks, OP!

I was seeing that the return could be to NYC for the same price, with connections in SNN/HEL/ORD/MIA, but the deal was gone by the time I put an itinerary together.
Interesting. I was looking at alternative routes but couldn’t get anything to price other than via DUB on EI meta (which wasn’t helpful for me when looking at maximizing Oneworld earnings).
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:58 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Edit: please delete
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Wow, over even before it could make it onto TPG!
sonomawine and 57skibird like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Tofino87
Can I enter a random USA address to get AARP if I live in UK?
Yes, you can sign up with AARP using any address you like. Everything that counts is done online. They do mail out materials via postal mail, but none of it matters.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I wonder how they'll handle UUA for these tickets to go from J to F. You need to pay the extra "taxes" (I.e. YQ) when doing an UUA.

For most J and F fares the YQ is the same ($1600) so there's no extra YQ to pay. For these promotional fares the YQ is $340.

When UUA I wonder if they'll look at the actual YQ on the ticket ($340) and use that to calculate the charge ($1260) or if they'll use the standard non-promotional YQ ($1600) to calculate the charge ($0).
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I wonder how they'll handle UUA for these tickets to go from J to F. You need to pay the extra "taxes" (I.e. YQ) when doing an UUA.

For most J and F fares the YQ is the same ($1600) so there's no extra YQ to pay. For these promotional fares the YQ is $340.

When UUA I wonder if they'll look at the actual YQ on the ticket ($340) and use that to calculate the charge ($1260) or if they'll use the standard non-promotional YQ ($1600) to calculate the charge ($0).
Its generally considered poor form to interact with airline representatives on special sale fares like this. I would just enjoy J and save the upgrades for a different trip.
Markie and Deckter like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.