Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: VS/DL/AF/KL: NYC - LHR Business RT from $881

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: VS/DL/AF/KL: NYC - LHR Business RT from $881

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tvmatt
That’s not completely accurate for all fares. I booked through Amex Travel & the Delta app receipt feature shows that a few hundred dollars of YQ was applied on my ticket - so it’s not like they totally forgot to apply YQ.

Somewhat surprised that Delta can show receipt price details for an OTA-ticketed flight on VS ticket stock & VS flight numbers - but I’m hoping that it still credits to Delta following the earning chart for a VS Z fare.

Its within 7 days of my departure & 14 days of my return, so I’d guess that UK consumer protection laws apply if they cancel? This seems to be written from the standpoint of a flight cancellation - no idea if ticket cancellation would be covered or not. Hope to not find out more about the law, though, and just go on my trip!

from https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-or-cancelled/ :
Carriers can always see the total values on ticket. What they can't do always is determine how those amounts break down per flight.

A ticket cancelation is not equal to a flight cancelation.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would be surprised if they didn't honor it. It was good, but not so good that they are losing money flying you there and back.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
fantastic deal. purchased for next weekend.
Please let us know what your experience at the airport is like!
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta Diamond
Thank you so much to the OP and everyone else sharing the booking experiences. I booked 3 weekends, back to back, starting this coming weekend! I know AF metals won't earn MQM/D/S on VS stock, but I am fine with that as a DL DM. I just wanna fly AF biz!
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by steveholt
Drank 6 champagnes at the Clubhouse and I'm on my first champagne on the plane. No need for paranoia. The fare is good people! Upper class or bust!!

Note: I got through security on a digital boarding pass and when I checked in at the lounge, they insisted that they print me a paper boarding pass. No issues after that.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:41 pm

Drank 6 champagnes at the Clubhouse and I'm on my first champagne on the plane. No need for paranoia. The fare is good people! Upper class or bust!!

Note: I got through security on a digital boarding pass and when I checked in at the lounge, they insisted that they print me a paper boarding pass. No issues after that.
I didn’t even get a paper boarding pass at the Virgin lounge! But I did get some excellent cocktails. All is well.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by steveholt
flew LGA-ATL-LHR today with no problems. However, the VS seat on board the A350 is terrible. Extremely narrow, table in bad position - impossible to lower without touching my belly and I am not that fat. Beer and coke lukewarm and food not the best. I know, I can't complain for the price I paid but would not fly VS again if ticket is at regular $$. Flew the A330 years ago in Upper Class and as far as I remember I wasn't impressed by the seat either. Will see on the way back to the US in May
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:02 am

Fare also netted excellent earnings on Delta as mine posted today. I earned $2687 MQDs for the $881 ticket.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Fare also netted excellent earnings on Delta as mine posted today. I earned $2687 MQDs for the $881 ticket.
What was your routing ?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
You are so lucky

Originally Posted by WillTravelForStories
Thank you so much to the OP and everyone else sharing the booking experiences. I booked 3 weekends, back to back, starting this coming weekend! I know AF metals won't earn MQM/D/S on VS stock, but I am fine with that as a DL DM. I just wanna fly AF biz!
wow three back to back.
this past weekend I did my run.
jfk-Boston-LHR -jfk
Booked on Vs
outbound Dl metal return on Vs 787
i must say I did NOT like the Vs upper class herringbone seats.. you face aisles and away from windows. The space is tiny it felt like a cocoon- no storage either. Now I know for future, I did earn well and am pleased I only need MQDs
please keep me posted for all sky team runs
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
What was your routing ?
JFK-LHR on Virgin Atlantic and then LHR-BOS on D1 but VS ticket stock. Did not take the BOS-JFK connecting leg when I landed in BOS.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaGoldLass
wow three back to back.
this past weekend I did my run.
jfk-Boston-LHR -jfk
Booked on Vs
outbound Dl metal return on Vs 787
i must say I did NOT like the Vs upper class herringbone seats.. you face aisles and away from windows. The space is tiny it felt like a cocoon- no storage either. Now I know for future, I did earn well and am pleased I only need MQDs
please keep me posted for all sky team runs
Has the VS Clubhouse in BOS reopened yet? I understand it was due to reopen in April but the VS website now says "Spring"... so I assume it hasn't actually reopened.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
This week I did my run JFK-BOS-LHR
Booked on VS. JFK-BOS on DL and BOS (No Club house lounge in BOS) AF lounge is very small and limited.
First Flying Virgin and expectation was different. I did NOT like the VS upper class seats. Wired Seating arrangement and space is so small and no storage either.
JFK-BOS posted as MQM 750 and MQD 75. Yet see the BOS-LHR MQM and MQD earnings.
Return is LHR-CDG-JFK. Surprising my LHR-CDG is showing in Economy on AF and CDG-JFK is on DL.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Has the VS Clubhouse in BOS reopened yet? I understand it was due to reopen in April but the VS website now says "Spring"... so I assume it hasn't actually reopened.
No its not open. Option is AF lounge which very small and limited and shared by Qatar/Virgin/AF/KLM
Old Apr 30, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
No its not open. Option is AF lounge which very small and limited and shared by Qatar/Virgin/AF/KLM
Thanks. I'm departing JFK to BOS to catch my LHR flight. What are the chances that I'd be admitted to the VS Club house in JFK on the basis of my onward flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.