Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: VS/DL/AF/KL: NYC - LHR Business RT from $881

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: VS/DL/AF/KL: NYC - LHR Business RT from $881

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Considering the fare originated in the US on a premium route like NYC to LON
Jetblue's brought down prices and added capacity on this route. Not enough to make it $881 RT on a regular basis, of course, but maybe in extreme cases.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Does anybody know what would be Delta mileage credit on JFK-BOS-LHR-CDG-JFK Route ?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by KhunKelly
Would this be considered an error fare? If so, I think I just scored my first!
Been wanting to fly an A350 for a while now
There is no such thing as an error fare. Never has been, never will be. Anyone who claims as such is just attention seeking. Congrats on scoring your first flash sale!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Just got VS RT $1600 in Biz from IAD on Air France site for early May week. Good enough.
Careful if planing on earning Skymiles. AF marketed, VS operated don't earn anything.

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Does anybody know what would be Delta mileage credit on JFK-BOS-LHR-CDG-JFK Route ?
It depends how each flight is marketed and who operates each segment.. a VS marketed, AF operated segment earns nothing.. A VS marketed,, DL operated segment though does earn..
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
There is no such thing as an error fare. Never has been, never will be. Anyone who claims as such is just attention seeking. Congrats on scoring your first flash sale!
So not true. Fares loaded at 0 with just fuel surcharges, fares loaded without fuel surcharges, fares loaded as RT when they should be just one way, fares in currencies other than USD with a zero (or zeros) left off (think Sri Lanka, Egypt have all seen this happen) are all errors/mistakes in the fare loading process which result in fares like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by mizzou miles
So not true. Fares loaded at 0 with just fuel surcharges, fares loaded without fuel surcharges, fares loaded as RT when they should be just one way, fares in currencies other than USD with a zero (or zeros) left off (think Sri Lanka, Egypt have all seen this happen) are all errors/mistakes in the fare loading process which result in fares like this.
Not to sound like a broken record, but using the E or M word has led to court cases in which some Fats have won or lost cases. Overall it's considered best practices to never say those words as they are no relevant.
It was a flash sale, we saw for almost a month fares from Canada to Europe for 1500 USD so this is a discount to those rates.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So not true. Fares loaded at 0 with just fuel surcharges
That is absolutely not a mistake. *A had one of those for weeks last year. When you consider that YQ is just a proxy for airfare at this point, it makes perfect sense.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Careful if planing on earning Skymiles. AF marketed, VS operated don't earn anything.

It depends how each flight is marketed and who operates each segment.. a VS marketed, AF operated segment earns nothing.. A VS marketed,, DL operated segment though does earn..
Uh oh. My flights are all VS marketed. Operated by Delta on the way over, and KLM on the way back.

I thought the JV expansion covered this but looks like I missed the boat for crediting to Delta on the way back
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Punekar
Steve Holt!

Pretty clearly as an error, as the economy class YQ was applying instead of the business class one due to a coding error by VS's pricing team. I expect they will honor it, but error it is.
It was an error on VS’ website only. The correct YQ was pricing in the GDS for all travel agents. I didn’t see any way to book this aside from the VS website.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: QF LTG
That is only if you believe airline PR telling you it was a m****** or an e****. When you go to book a flight that is normally $1500 but is suddenly $2500 the airline doesn’t call that either a m****** or an e****. All of the above things you mention can happen but they are all intentional
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
It was an error on VS’ website only. The correct YQ was pricing in the GDS for all travel agents. I didn’t see any way to book this aside from the VS website.
It does appear on ITA Matrix and AMEX Travel. I also saw it on Expedia as well, which I think they use Amadeus.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by SourSweetTea
It does appear on ITA Matrix and AMEX Travel. I also saw it on Expedia as well, which I think they use Amadeus.
VS changed the table that controls YQ and in doing so accidentally deleted the business class YQ for a few hours. This would have applied to all booking platforms/GDSs. Differences between VS.com and OTAs are likely due to differences in how fast it took their booking engine to load the correction (usually 20 minutes after the top of the hour but can be longer).
Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Fare is still available if you play around with the routings by Calling the Amex Plat line, although no availability on Website. Was able to easily book with the Amex platinum concierge.

East Coast - UK sporadic ranging in $810-$1100 for Upper Class. GL and thanks to the bloggers this morning that killed this deal with their posts.
I've always said - there is a special place in hell reserved for travel bloggers - they have killed everything they touch, while enriching themselves.

Just look at Lucky and his husband - they have run out of ideas of what to write about they write about Claridges, FS, Aman etc - what load of crap.
And don't get me started on BK @ TPG.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by OpenSky
I've always said - there is a special place in hell reserved for travel bloggers - they have killed everything they touch, while enriching themselves.

Just look at Lucky and his husband - they have run out of ideas of what to write about they write about Claridges, FS, Aman etc - what load of crap.
And don't get me started on BK @ TPG.
Totally agree. I used to enjoy TPG and OMAT but now they are just shills for credit card companies. I mean how many times can you review the same F & J products? Their articles are often riddled typos. Wasn't lucky living out of hotels throughout the pandemic? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but you ain't doing that solely off points. Another story I saw was OMAT gaming the system and buying something like 10,000,000 points and (tacitly) encouraging readers to do the same.

I love FT because I've been able to fly La Premiere for like $2000 a few years ago JFK-CDG. And who remembers the wonderful Thanksgiving Fare Deals thread? Those were the days. Nowadays, within hours of someone finding a deal on here, it's up on a blog. So frustrating. The only saving grace is the 2-for-1's on LH/LX that make F (& J) somewhat attainable. But other than that, those freaking vultures spoil it for the true FT loyalists who use their powers for good.
chica, OpenSky, Cthunder86 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Punekar
VS changed the table that controls YQ and in doing so accidentally deleted the business class YQ for a few hours. This would have applied to all booking platforms/GDSs. Differences between VS.com and OTAs are likely due to differences in how fast it took their booking engine to load the correction (usually 20 minutes after the top of the hour but can be longer).
That’s not completely accurate for all fares. I booked through Amex Travel & the Delta app receipt feature shows that a few hundred dollars of YQ was applied on my ticket - so it’s not like they totally forgot to apply YQ.

Somewhat surprised that Delta can show receipt price details for an OTA-ticketed flight on VS ticket stock & VS flight numbers - but I’m hoping that it still credits to Delta following the earning chart for a VS Z fare.

Its within 7 days of my departure & 14 days of my return, so I’d guess that UK consumer protection laws apply if they cancel? This seems to be written from the standpoint of a flight cancellation - no idea if ticket cancellation would be covered or not. Hope to not find out more about the law, though, and just go on my trip!

from https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-or-cancelled/ :
You’re legally entitled to get compensation if the cancellation is the airline’s responsibility and both the following apply:
  • the replacement flight delays your arrival by 2 or more hours
  • your flight was cancelled less than 14 days before departure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.