Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: SQ/LH/LX/UA Jakarta-US/Canada £980

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: SQ/LH/LX/UA Jakarta-US/Canada £980

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: SQ *G, QR OWS
Originally Posted by beyounged
apparently Indonesia still requires PCR on arrival and quarantine for days at own cost? hopefully this changes by whenever you guys fly.
Only PCR on arrival is required now at CGK.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MerlionAir
Only PCR on arrival is required now at CGK.
AFAIK VOA is not available at CGK nor are they issuing tourists visas. Kindly correct me if I'm misinformed.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: SQ *G, QR OWS
Originally Posted by AnttiV
AFAIK VOA is not available at CGK nor are they issuing tourists visas. Kindly correct me if I'm misinformed.
Indeed so. Appears that VOA is only available at DPS, and Bintan and Batam (for Singapore residents). Visa exemption at other ports have also been suspended. Hopefully this policy gets lifted in due course.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: *Gold, ST Elite, OW sapphire
Booked. LH P class xSIN-xMUC-YUL on SQ-SQ-LH metal

Does LH Codeshare on SQ metal still earn 125% with KF?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
I am not sure about the posted exchange rate between IDR and USD. I checked on XE.com and IDR17,955,000 is USD1,795, unless it appreciated a whole lot between yesterday and today.

Update: I purchased the ticket on LH.com and see $1300 posted as the charge. Hmmm..

Last edited by TravellingMan; Mar 31, 2022 at 3:49 am Reason: Update
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: QF; VA; AS
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
This deal was first posted on reddit. You should credit the original OP on that subreddit.

Also with the new covid waves, book a backup incase you can't make it to/from Indonesia.
How do you know where the OP found this fare? Not everyone reads Reddit.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Scottyrocket
How do you know where the OP found this fare? Not everyone reads Reddit.
What is the subreddit in question?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:05 am

So I managed to snag this excellent deal as my first deal from FT although having lurked here for years. SQ business class for me!! One question I had, I tried multiple time to build in a long layover in europe but couldn't seem to get it to price out the same. Would anyone be kind enough to explain why that might have been?

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Good to see many people have got on this, and the fare is still around, probably proves it is a sale fare and not a mistake.

As far as reddit or subreddit, never heard of it, and still cannot find it on there after a brief look. Google flights was my source of finding this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Super late to the game, but was able to book.
FYI - Google flights and the OTAs are repricing; Lufthansa direct still seems to work.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: *G, OWE
Thank you to the OP. I needed to get from DPS to MIA and then back to SIN in Dec/Jan so this has worked a treat. Couldn’t make it work for MIA but have DPS-SIN-FRA-IAH return on SQ/SQ/LH both ways. Booked via lh.com for USD 1,300 per person for two of us. I already had SIN-DPS-SIN flights booked on KL so just needed to change the date for the DPS-SIN. leg. Reservation has ticketed and seats all selected on lh.com and sq.com. I’ll worry about getting from IAH-MIA and back later.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by NZZO
Thank you to the OP. I needed to get from DPS to MIA and then back to SIN in Dec/Jan so this has worked a treat. Couldn’t make it work for MIA but have DPS-SIN-FRA-IAH return on SQ/SQ/LH both ways. Booked via lh.com for USD 1,300 per person for two of us. I already had SIN-DPS-SIN flights booked on KL so just needed to change the date for the DPS-SIN. leg. Reservation has ticketed and seats all selected on lh.com and sq.com. I’ll worry about getting from IAH-MIA and back later.
Should be possible though, I also wanted to go to MIA and go back from MIA as well without needing another flight. Try starting from DPS-(SIN-FRA)-MIA and back also from MIA-(FRA-SIN)-SUB (or CGK, but not going via SIN in my case) for example. Worked for me this way.

In general: Thanks a lot for this great fare. Came just in time for NYE-holidays and to get rid of some points as well. Great find!
NZZO likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Thanks OP. Scored a ticket from DPS to Miami for early next year. SQ 380 and LH 748 for both long hauls via FRA.

I might need to use the 24 hr cancellation policy (which by the way was not mentioned anywhere in the fare rules) if my planned cruise can’t be confirmed in short order.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I will do an immediate or overnight turnaround at CGK. How is it as an airport? I know that DPS is a much better destination, but the flights to/from DPS don't work out for me. Thanks.
That’s an expensive visa for an overnight!

Last edited by DeepUnderground; Mar 31, 2022 at 6:31 am
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: Mucci, Untappd 8000+
Does anyone still see the fare on LH.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.