Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information. For UA, choose PQF, PQP or BIS (for MM runners): Deleted the China visa question.

Departure Airport:
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed:
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.

Please post the exact amount of miles needed. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)

Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by DELee
Unclear on what help you need - PQPs are spend based. Unless you're trying to do it in one swell foop, UA really just wants you to buy and fly.

David
Presumably partner flights not on 016 ticket stock for the distance/fare class based PQPs
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by angetenar
Presumably partner flights not on 016 ticket stock for the distance/fare class based PQPs
Presumably. But that wasn't stated or requested help with. Or even a time frame (e.g. by when).

David
Old Jun 3, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA
Presumably. But that wasn't stated or requested help with. Or even a time frame (e.g. by when).

David
That's true; they say that they're scrambling for gold for it's barely June.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: House MD, How I Met Your Mother...
Departure Airport: YVR (can reposition anywhere on Western Seaboard)
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed: 1450 SQD
Maximum Budget: Not much more than 1450+taxes, or half of that if flying to Europe because of AC Promo
Available Travel Dates: very flexible after 22 Sept, quicker turnarounds are better
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Must be AC metal to earn SQD

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Searched common routes West to East
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? Yes

Need 1450 SQD to hit SE for next year, looking to maximize SQM. Sadly has to be AC or AC operated to accrue SQD. All suggestions welcome.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mistytalon
Departure Airport: YVR (can reposition anywhere on Western Seaboard)
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed: 1450 SQD
Maximum Budget: Not much more than 1450+taxes, or half of that if flying to Europe because of AC Promo
Available Travel Dates: very flexible after 22 Sept, quicker turnarounds are better
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Must be AC metal to earn SQD

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Searched common routes West to East

Need 1450 SQD to hit SE for next year, looking to maximize SQM. Sadly has to be AC or AC operated to accrue SQD. All suggestions welcome.
Well given the lack of responses so far, may be better to ask over in the Air Canada forum.

David
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:33 am

Departure Airport: YVR
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed: Looking for the lowest CPM and prefer long-haul
Maximum Budget: cheaper is better but will up fare for right flight/long flights
Available Travel Dates: Any time from Tuesday to Friday between now and the end of the year
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: codeshare OK
Route(s) You've Already Searched: I suck and have not done much research
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sau54
Departure Airport: YVR
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed: Looking for the lowest CPM and prefer long-haul
Maximum Budget: cheaper is better but will up fare for right flight/long flights
Available Travel Dates: Any time from Tuesday to Friday between now and the end of the year
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: codeshare OK
Route(s) You've Already Searched: I suck and have not done much research
Just confirming that you're seeking to earn PQPs for United status.

David
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:39 pm

Just confirming that you're seeking to earn PQPs for United status.

David
Yes, that and the miles for MM status.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sau54
Yes, that and the miles for MM status.
So is there a specific number of PQPs that you need for a specific UA status this year? Also, how many miles are you toward MM status and are you shooting for a milestone MM level this year?

David
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:55 pm

Help with segment run ideas out of IAH for PQFs

Hello all - first time poster here. Hopefully I'm in the right place.

I'm currently MileagePlus Platinum and figured this is the time to go for 1K with the reduced requirements. I have personal and business MP Club cards with good spend (and thus PQP bonuses) so I'm not really worried about PQPs. It's the PQFs that will be challenging. Outside of some already planned trips I'll probably need 20 PQFs before end of year.

I've spent an *unhealthy* amount of time toying with routes using the multi-city search and really don't know what airports I should be looking at to optimize routes for max segments out of Houston at a reasonable budget. Ideally this could be done in 4-5 same-day trips but open to 1-2 overnighters (at around $50-60 per segment). Just looking for some direction on a few good routes out of IAH with a decent bang for buck and/or some tips on how to search efficiently and effectively.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Departure Airport: IAH
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed: PQFs; 20 across 4-5 trips
Maximum Budget: Is $200-300 unrealistic for a 4-segment route?
Available Travel Dates: Wide open, preferably same-day routes
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: I believe codeshares should be ok

Route(s) You've Already Searched: IAH to East and West coast (EWR, ORD, CLE, IAD, SFO, LAS, LAX...)
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
I'm moving back to NY in a few months and have started looking at East coast segment runs.

Following Kmxu's advice, I started looking at ultra short haul around DC and NY. Was able to get 8 segments between LGA and ROC though IAD to show up on Google Flights for $596 on 9/10:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...cSoAyQTkNrXr7A

However, the clickthrough to united.com isn't working and I also can't get this to price on the United site to attempt to use my Break from Business discount. Any tips here?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALsnipe
I'm moving back to NY in a few months and have started looking at East coast segment runs.

Following Kmxu's advice, I started looking at ultra short haul around DC and NY. Was able to get 8 segments between LGA and ROC though IAD to show up on Google Flights for $596 on 9/10:

However, the clickthrough to united.com isn't working and I also can't get this to price on the United site to attempt to use my Break from Business discount. Any tips here?
May need to page Kmxu directly...

David
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by reefer1974
Hello all - first time poster here. Hopefully I'm in the right place.

I'm currently MileagePlus Platinum and figured this is the time to go for 1K with the reduced requirements. I have personal and business MP Club cards with good spend (and thus PQP bonuses) so I'm not really worried about PQPs. It's the PQFs that will be challenging. Outside of some already planned trips I'll probably need 20 PQFs before end of year.

I've spent an *unhealthy* amount of time toying with routes using the multi-city search and really don't know what airports I should be looking at to optimize routes for max segments out of Houston at a reasonable budget. Ideally this could be done in 4-5 same-day trips but open to 1-2 overnighters (at around $50-60 per segment). Just looking for some direction on a few good routes out of IAH with a decent bang for buck and/or some tips on how to search efficiently and effectively.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Departure Airport: IAH
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed: PQFs; 20 across 4-5 trips
Maximum Budget: Is $200-300 unrealistic for a 4-segment route?
Available Travel Dates: Wide open, preferably same-day routes
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: I believe codeshares should be ok

Route(s) You've Already Searched: IAH to East and West coast (EWR, ORD, CLE, IAD, SFO, LAS, LAX...)
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)? No
Welcome to FlyerTalk reefer1974 !

Well, if you want to rinse and repeat a few times, IAH-DFW has sufficient flights that you could do 4 in a day.

Another option is to re-position from IAH to SFO or LAX and then do some SFO-LAX/LAX-SFO turns. Or, even cheaper, re-position via IAH-LAS.

There are also some interesting days this summer where SAN-SFO-LAS and/or SNA-SFO-LAS (and reversing them as well) are cheap thrills.

Also, if you can look a little further out past August, you might find more of the above options that are more flexible and affordable (less expensive) than dealing with UA trying to jack up summer fares.

Good luck!

David

Last edited by DELee; Jul 1, 2022 at 12:26 am
Old Jul 1, 2022, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just clicked through on your Google Flights multi-city trip link and the (LGA-IAD-ROC)^4 pops out of UA's website at $596 so you may want to try again.

David
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
One vs. two reservations

The fare for a single reservation with 8 PQFs is higher than for two separate reservations with 4 PQFs each, $596 vs. $233 + $233 = $466 for the same set of flights. But you will be fully protected with a single reservation if there are irregular operations. Because the flights will be in September, there will be some schedule changes. This is another consideration.
Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.