Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/One World: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Requesters and responders, please read this wiki before posting.
In order to organize Mileage/Status/Challenge Run threads, the Moderators have decided to create a consolidated thread. This is the thread for American Airlines.

For each request:
  1. do a search on your departure airport(s) to see if there's a MR already posted that might fit your need
  2. if you don't find what you need, post your request using the standardized format shown below in this wiki
  3. it's nice form to acknowledge the responder with a post indicating whether the assistance worked for you or not. This helps everyone learn about successful runs
  4. if several days have gone by and you have not received a reply, bump up your original post with a (gentle) re-ask. It might be your post was missed in the fray
For each response:
  1. quote the original request
  2. include the route cities, price, airline, cabin/class, EQMs/EQDs, and dates for the solution(s) found
  3. whenever possible, include a link to the solution as found on Google Flights, or attach as screen print of the solution if from another source

For each request, use this format as shown. A glossary follows to clarify each entry.

Departure Airport(s):
EQMs or EQSs Needed:
EQDs Needed:
Max Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Max # Travel Nights:
AA only, or Partners Okay:
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N):

If there is additional information you'd like to share that is pertinent to your request, feel free to add it after this standardized request format.

GLOSSARY:
Departure Airport(s): list the airport codes of any airports you can depart from, identifying preferred airports if any
EQMs or EQSs Needed: the number of each/either that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
EQDs Needed: the number that you need to reach status. Please be as precise as possible, as some MRs can be within a few of your goal.
Max Budget: the maximum amount you're willing to spend to reach status. Less is always preferable, but a max is an important factor. Please make this a realistic number for your goal.
Available Travel Dates: list the range of dates you're available. The more you list, the better your chances of getting a good MR.
Max # Travel Nights: the maximum number of nights you're willing to be away. The nights might be at the destination or at a layover city. If cannot be gone overnight at all, list 0 or "day run only". Again, please make this realistic for your goal.
AA only, or Partners Okay: if you want to only AA-coded flights (e.g. for upgrades, etc), then list "AA only". If you are okay with flying on partners (especially useful for EQD runs), then list "either".
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): if you have a Chinese visa that will be valid at the time of the MR, then list "Y". Many good MRs have destinations in China, but you need a visa for those destinations.

(Note: Added this info from the OP to wiki for greater visibility to posters.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Doing a mileage run Europe to LAX but have not done so with BA/OW.

Departure Airport: AMS (but can reposition for good tickets)

Miles Needed: maximum
Required Spend or Budget: 1200 euros max
Available Travel Dates: July 2022 onwards
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: as long as they count to BA.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Platinum), Marriot (Platinum), Hilton (Gold)
Mileage Run for Platinum Pro

Figured I'd check with this community; I will be 7,000 EQM shy of reaching Platinum Pro before February 28th and wondering if there's an easy way to accomplish this, or if it's even worth it.

Departure Airport(s): DCA, IAD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 7000 EQM
EQDs Needed: Already met
Max Budget: $2000 (cost to just buy the upgraded status)
Available Travel Dates: 2/4-2/28
Max # Travel Nights: 3
AA only, or Partners Okay: Whatever gets the job done, willing to purchase above Economy as well
Have Chinese Visa? (Y/N): N
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by izzy2224
Figured I'd check with this community; I will be 7,000 EQM shy of reaching Platinum Pro before February 28th and wondering if there's an easy way to accomplish this, or if it's even worth it.

Departure Airport(s): DCA, IAD
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 7000 EQM
EQDs Needed: Already met
Max Budget: $2000 (cost to just buy the upgraded status)
Available Travel Dates: 2/4-2/28
Max # Travel Nights: 3
AA only, or Partners Okay: Whatever gets the job done, willing to purchase above Economy as well
From IAD or DCA, easiest is probably a trip to Northern California, probably SFO. One way in economy and the other way in J should get you over 7,000 EQM.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: Star Alliance/Mileage Plus - 100k and One World/AAdvantage - Gold
DCA segment/mileage run for platinum

Looking for 6 segments, preferably without an overnight stay. 6,080 miles would also work. Appreciate the advice.

Departure Airport: DCA
EQSs Needed: 6
EQDs Needed: $0
Max Budget: $400
Available Travel Dates: Any date before Feb 28th
Max # Travel Nights: 1
AA only, or Partners Okay: Anything that gets the job done
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by jterrill1
Looking for 6 segments, preferably without an overnight stay. 6,080 miles would also work. Appreciate the advice.

Departure Airport: DCA
EQSs Needed: 6
EQDs Needed: $0
Max Budget: $400
For the segments, looks like you could hop to/from BOS and/or MCO or MIA for $88 to $108 r/t right now. But I wouldn't try booking more than one r/t per day right now (except maybe to BOS), with all of the cancellations and delays.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton Honors.
Alaska Mileage run to Earn AA EQD and EQM

How much EQD and EQM will I earn flying Alaska in first on the following routing: BWI SEA PDX SEA BWI
My current status is Gold but close to being platinum chasing Platinum Pro.

Thanks in advance.
PS: flying a positioning flight CMH-JFK-BWI-JFK-BWI on AA I will get 2000 EQM and like 240 EQD.

Last edited by FocusedJedi; Jan 27, 2022 at 9:36 pm Reason: Additional Info
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Looking for good routes where the starting point is Europe to LAX, Brazil, or Asia (Korea, Japan)

Departure Airport: AMS, CDG, or FRA

Miles Needed: maximum
Required Spend or Budget: 1200 euros max
Available Travel Dates: July-December 2022
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Currently with BA, but thinkin about switching to JAL.

Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Looking for 25K EQM for reaching 120K for Extra Elite choice rewards, Only Domestic MR preferably without an overnight stay and I can do multiple MR in Feb. Appreciate the advice.

Departure Airport: AUS
EQMs Needed: 25K
Max Budget: $1000-1200

I have looked at some options going to ANC on AS first (little costly) but wanted to check if anything else is available
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Looking for 25K EQM for reaching 120K for Extra Elite choice rewards, Only Domestic MR preferably without an overnight stay and I can do multiple MR in Feb. Appreciate the advice.

Departure Airport: AUS
EQMs Needed: 25K
Max Budget: $1000-1200

I have looked at some options going to ANC on AS first (little costly) but wanted to check if anything else is available
25,000 EQM is the equivalent of 10 cross-country trips in economy. Trying to do that for $1,000, domestically, with no overnight is a fantasy.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by js1993
25,000 EQM is the equivalent of 10 cross-country trips in economy. Trying to do that for $1,000, domestically, with no overnight is a fantasy.
OK thanks. May be its not worth for Elite Choice Rewards . I don't want to spend more 1200-1500 for 2 SWU Reward. Just wanted to check if there are some cheaper Business Domestic Run to ANC or HNL.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:00 am

Best Millage Runs OW 720 Qantas Status Credits Needed… Suggestions?

Hi, Needing 720 Qantas Status Credits. Any suggestions on the best status runs? Avoiding the US if possible. For Flying Feb/March
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:48 am

Looking to fulfill 5 segments before February 28th as cheaply as possible in order to maintain my Platinum status

Departure Airport(s): CID
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 10,242 EQMs or 5 EQSs needed
EQDs Needed: N/A - EQDs fulfilled
Max Budget: $300
Available Travel Dates: Anytime in February

Thank you!
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by rachelkb22
Looking to fulfill 5 segments before February 28th as cheaply as possible in order to maintain my Platinum status

Departure Airport(s): CID
EQMs or EQSs Needed: 10,242 EQMs or 5 EQSs needed
EQDs Needed: N/A - EQDs fulfilled
Max Budget: $300
Available Travel Dates: Anytime in February

Thank you!
Play around with Google Flights. You'll want something like this; probably plenty of other destinations aside from ORD:

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...en-US&curr=USD
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:49 pm

Help Needed Oneworld Milage Run Urgent

Departure Airport: Any Europe
Miles Needed: 720 Qantas Status Credits
Required Spend or Budget: Under $3000
Available Travel Dates: Feb / March 22
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Any Oneworld
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:59 am

Currently AA Gold but can reach Platinum if earn 10,786 miles by February 28. Will flying PE from PIT To DUB earn enough miles for me to qualify? I apologize for asking what should be a simple question, but while I can calculate the miles earned, I am having trouble figuring out the bonus miles. If this itinerary doesn't earn enough miles, can anyone suggest alternatives as noted below.

Departure Airport: PIT, PHL, JFK, EWR, BWI, MDT
EQM Miles Needed: 10,786
EQD's Needed: None
Max budget: $1200
Available travel dates: Feb. 18 to Feb. 27/28
Maximum Days: Can stay up to 10 days as long as return before midnight on Feb. 28
AA only or partners, OK: Prefer AA, but will fly partners
Class: Prefer PE for long flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.