Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Departure Airport: SFO / OAK / SJC
Miles Needed: 257 MQD
Required Spend or Budget: ~$300
Available Travel Dates: Any dates and 0-3 days travel periodbefore Mar 20. My status challenge is until Mar 23.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Anything that earns MQD

Trying to keep my PM earned through status challenge. I guess I'll receive 20k miles after earning Platinum. Ok spending up to $300 to keep the status. Current spend leaves me a GM.

Appreciate any ideas to hit the MQD. I remember earning 300 MQD for spending $80 on Chile LATAM flight. Wish there are some options like that from SFO but I guess not.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta
Looking for an international flight for MQD and mileage

I am looking for any one day flight or two day flight from JFK internationally
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by chinzilla
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Have you checked the wiki up above?

For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:
Rob191288 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
Originally Posted by chinzilla
check the premium deals thread - there’s a lot of YYZ-Europe/Africa flights on AF/KL that will give you a large number of MQDs.

but good to follow the advice on the wiki. We don’t know right now if you need 500MQDs or 9000MQDs
Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:05 pm

Departure Airport: LAX / SNA
MQM Needed: 29,000 (max possible am flexible to do multiple runs)
MQD needed: $3200

Required Spend or Budget: Under $4k
Available Travel Dates: Preferably weekends, but could do a Friday departure or maybe Monday return. Looking to complete before June.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any code share partner
Current Medallion Level: downgraded to silver but looking to "reclaim" my diamond status

Hi all, I'm looking to do "reclaim my status" challenge to achieve Diamond status.
Preferably business class to ease back into flying.
Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaChallenge
Departure Airport: LAX / SNA
MQM Needed: 29,000 (max possible am flexible to do multiple runs)
MQD needed: $3200

Required Spend or Budget: Under $4k
Available Travel Dates: Preferably weekends, but could do a Friday departure or maybe Monday return. Looking to complete before June.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any code share partner
Current Medallion Level: downgraded to silver but looking to "reclaim" my diamond status

Hi all, I'm looking to do "reclaim my status" challenge to achieve Diamond status.
Preferably business class to ease back into flying.
Thanks.
Two options:
This one requieres a positioning flight to YVR, perhaps even a TIJ-SEA/YVR for extra miles with Aeromexico? and Use the KLM/Air France ex-YVR deal for CAD 2252 or USD 1786
24326 MQD and 6487 MQDs

Another option:
Head down to Tijuana and do a few intra-Mexico turns, if you cross via the CBX you don't need a Covid-19 test and a TIJ-SJD trips can be done in a day for $277 for 6483 MQMs 1729 MQDs 7.32 MQD Ratio each run with longish layovers in MEX

Lots of other Mexican cities available in similar ranges and might be worth looking into stacking MRs... Tix1 TIJ-SJD Tix2 SJD-TIJ Tix2 TIJ-SJD Tix1 SJD-TIJ
rajhyd99 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Looking for suggestions on how to get max MQM and MQD on my personal Travel to IND (HYD/DEL/BOM). I am ok to Fly Business (long haul) and Coach on short leg if required. Even Separate Tickets is ok I was looking at post related to IAH-DXB or YVR-DXB on AF/KL but with another tickets from DXB-HYD/DEL (coach) total to is coming more then 2.5K. Wanted to check if there any other deals to Mid East or Asia location (MEL/CMB/BKK).

Departure Airport: AUS/SAT but ok to reposition
MQM Needed: Best Available
MQD needed: Best Available
Class : Business

Required Spend or Budget: $2k-2.2K Max
Available Travel Dates: After April 2nd Week.
Return : 15-20 days

Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: only code share partner
Current Medallion Level: Plat
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by rajhyd99
Looking for suggestions on how to get max MQM and MQD on my personal Travel to IND (HYD/DEL/BOM). I am ok to Fly Business (long haul) and Coach on short leg if required. Even Separate Tickets is ok I was looking at post related to IAH-DXB or YVR-DXB on AF/KL but with another tickets from DXB-HYD/DEL (coach) total to is coming more then 2.5K. Wanted to check if there any other deals to Mid East or Asia location (MEL/CMB/BKK).

Departure Airport: AUS/SAT but ok to reposition
MQM Needed: Best Available
MQD needed: Best Available
Class : Business

Required Spend or Budget: $2k-2.2K Max
Available Travel Dates: After April 2nd Week.
Return : 15-20 days

Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: only code share partner
Current Medallion Level: Plat

Perhaps Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy via London?, a popular MQD Run pre-Covid...
Google Flights

JFK-BOM would earn 23814 MQMs 4763 MQDs 3.41 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 42865 RDMs, Platinum 36515 RDMs, Gold 33340 RDMs, Silver 30164 RDMs, Base 23814 RDMs

You can then try to upgrade to Upper Class, per GodSaveThePoint's Guide?
rajhyd99 and Gertjaars like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Thanks for info on Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy that's very useful I see some availability in Sep/Oct 2022 also. For this trip I am looking for after Apr 20 with 15-20 days. I will keep researching
jfkeze and DeltaGoldLass like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:27 am

Thank you Jfkeze!
jfkeze likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:06 pm

Departure Airport: JFK/LGA/EWR/HPN/PHL/BDL. Inbound and outbound can be from different airports since I'll be using public transit to get to airport. Can also reposition to anything in Northern California or LAX/BUR (only two I can reposition to in Socal) potentially if it's an especially lucrative deal.
Miles Needed: Ideally, 35k MQM.
Required Spend or Budget: Up to 100k miles. Probably more realistically, I can expect to get about 20-25k MQM from a mileage run with this many miles unless I get a phenomenal deal? I can probably squeeze more trips in this year to fill the missing 10k MQM if needed. MQD earn not relevant for me as I will have foreign address on account by EOY. Trying to hit Diamond by EOY and currently have 52k MQM. Have a trip to SYD via LAX in May booked that will earn ~20k MQM, as well as a trip to SAN in September for ~5k MQM. Will likely take at least 3 other trips to California, so approx another 15k. I also expect to have to do some degree of traveling for my job when I graduate at end of May, but the exact amount is yet to be determined. Could potentially be weekly or may be quite infrequent depending on team I end up on. Other avenue could be earning 15k MQM through Delta Reserve that I currently hold. Could easily hit 30k spend for 15k MQM by EOY by paying rent via Plastiq. Currently at 5k spend. Tough pill to swallow though given the high Plastiq fees.
Available Travel Dates: Pretty much whenever through mid-May - I'm a student with fully online classes currently. Later dates are yet to be determined and may be confined to weekends.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Since I'll be traveling with miles, I think I need to ride on DL metal. Obviously going to be traveling in main cabin with this budget.

Forgot to mention: I have a close friend from India and may be visiting there in summer, so could potentially earn another 18k MQM (I think?) Will be flying into BLR if I do, so what's my best earning option MQM-wise for that in economy?.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:11 pm

Is this Premium Economy actually Premium Economy or is it Economy Delight? I'm not sure you can upgrade from Delight to Upper Class using that method
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
Are there any later dates as a real MR with this pricing from JFK available please?

Originally Posted by jfkeze
Perhaps Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy via London?, a popular MQD Run pre-Covid...
Google Flights

JFK-BOM would earn 23814 MQMs 4763 MQDs 3.41 MQD Ratio while Delta Diamond members would obtain 42865 RDMs, Platinum 36515 RDMs, Gold 33340 RDMs, Silver 30164 RDMs, Base 23814 RDMs

You can then try to upgrade to Upper Class, per GodSaveThePoint's Guide?
this is a great run ! What would be the shortest MR dates for the best price please
Old Apr 1, 2022, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaGoldLass
this is a great run ! What would be the shortest MR dates for the best price please
As mentioned before Sep 2022 to Nov 2022 many dates are available from JFK-BOM around 1450. I am not sure about the Fare rules for Min stay but I am some 2 days and many 3 days returns in Sep 2022.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.

Last edited by rajhyd99; Apr 1, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Looking for suggestions to fly to Manila or close by flights in SEA from Europe.

Departure: AMS or anywhere in Europe
XP Needed:
maximum allowable
Required Spend or Budget: up to 1200 EUR
Available Travel Dates: Any dates after August 12, 2022
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: SKYTEAM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.