Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 7:15 pm

Anyone have some long haul trips to either Europe or Asia from western USA that yield decent MQD ratios. Open availability and preferably a 5-7 day turn around.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Mdvd
Hello!

Trying to figure out how to hit Diamond for the first time. Will make it on MQMs, but way short on MQDs. Wondering if anyone has suggestions for good routes for hitting MQD requirements w intl travel without actually spending $7000.

Departure Airport: LAX/BUR, JFK, or DCA
MQMs Needed: N/A
MQDs Needed: $7000
Required Spend or Budget: Would like to keep it low if possible
Available Travel Dates: Flexible schedule after November 1
Take a look at JFKEZE's post here about a run to JNB and options from Tijuana

You can also try two trips to Scandinavia in Premium Economy booking with Air France.

e.g. Dec 2 - 4, LAX - CDG - OSL - CDG - LAX, $1210, about $3400 MQDs. The Paris - Oslo - Paris legs are in regular economy

Google Flight Link

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 1, 2022 at 3:06 am
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by christianm49
Anyone have some long haul trips to either Europe or Asia from western USA that yield decent MQD ratios. Open availability and preferably a 5-7 day turn around.
You can try locations in Poland or Scandinavia (e.g. Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Bergen, etc.) in Premium Economy and booking with Air France. Will earn 30% MQD.

Here is one to Warsaw, Google Flights link

e.g. Nov 13 - 20, LAX-CDG-WAW-AMS-LAX, $1111 (Premium Economy), about 17,000 MQMs, about $3400 MQDs. Note that in this example, the Paris - Warsaw - Amsterdam legs are in regular economy

christianm49 likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 1, 2022 at 3:08 am
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
You can try locations in Poland or Scandinavia (e.g. Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Bergen, etc.) in Premium Economy and booking with Air France. Will earn 30% MQD.

Here is one to Warsaw, Google Flights link

e.g. Nov 13 - 20, LAX-CDG-WAW-AMS-LAX, $1111 (Premium Economy), about 17,000 MQMs, about $3400 MQDs. Note that in this example, the Paris - Warsaw - Amsterdam legs are in regular economy

Might be a dumb question but will the CDG-WAW-AMS legs be credited at regular economy (10% or 5%) for MQD or will the whole trip be credited as premium economy (30%)?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:09 pm

First time anywhere near Platinum, so am thinking of doing a mileage run. I'm good on $ - just looking for the MQMs

Departure Airport: MSP but am flexible to a degree
Miles Needed: 10,000 MQMs, but will take as many as I can for rollover!
Required Spend or Budget: $1500 or less?
Available Travel Dates: Any time in November, but would be prefer to be home for Thanksgiving (11/24)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares okay
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:33 pm

Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while and I'm planning for a mileage run before the end of the year.
I'm considering a lot of options such as TIJ, UIO, SIC but I'm not so interested by Europe of South Africa.
Looking forward for any suggestions and thanks to everyone contributing!

Departure Airport: NYC area but willing to relocate
MQDs Needed: $4500
Required Spend or Budget: Under 1500 ideally but will consider all options
Available Travel Dates: Flexible schedule from now until Dec 8th
Old Oct 1, 2022, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by christianm49
Might be a dumb question but will the CDG-WAW-AMS legs be credited at regular economy (10% or 5%) for MQD or will the whole trip be credited as premium economy (30%)?
My guess would be that the CDG-WAW-AMS would be credited at regular economy. I only included LAX-CDG and AMS-LAX in my MQD estimate.
christianm49 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Arkh
Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while and I'm planning for a mileage run before the end of the year.
I'm considering a lot of options such as TIJ, UIO, SIC but I'm not so interested by Europe of South Africa.
Looking forward for any suggestions and thanks to everyone contributing!

Departure Airport: NYC area but willing to relocate
MQDs Needed: $4500
Required Spend or Budget: Under 1500 ideally but will consider all options
Available Travel Dates: Flexible schedule from now until Dec 8th
To earn $4500 in MQDs in business class with a partner airline that gives 0.4 x distance flown (Air France, KLM, Aero Mexico), one will need to fly a distance of 11,250 miles. From NYC, this would be somewhere like Santiago or Buenos Aires via Mexico City. New York to Seoul is in this mileage range as well.

For Premium Economy flights that earn 0.30 x distance flown, the mileage flown is 15,000

For Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight class flights, the earning is 0.25 x distance flown which would mean a distance of 18,000. Cape Town or Johannesburg via London. Singapore via Seoul would be in this mileage range.

I would suggest using Google Flights and playing with dates and class fares to see if there is a location that would match your budget and interests.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by ASampTown
First time anywhere near Platinum, so am thinking of doing a mileage run. I'm good on $ - just looking for the MQMs

Departure Airport: MSP but am flexible to a degree
Miles Needed: 10,000 MQMs, but will take as many as I can for rollover!
Required Spend or Budget: $1500 or less?
Available Travel Dates: Any time in November, but would be prefer to be home for Thanksgiving (11/24)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares okay
A trip to Hawaii would be about 8000 MQMs from MSP. e.g. Nov 3, MSP-SEA-LIH-SEA-MSP, $526 (MC), 8200 MQMS, bookable on Delta, there are also some $500 fares the first week of December

Dubai is available for $1155 (MC) and earning 15,155 MQMs. Various dates available in November at this price or just slightly lower. Use Delta flexible date search.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Oct 2, 2022 at 2:35 am
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Delta
All,
New to this forum, so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.
Looking for a partner run that will net me $2K MQD's for Diamond status next year spending as little as possible.
Flying out of DTW or GRR preferably.
Any information on tools or utilities available to plan something between now and the end of the year would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL: PM
Upgrade effects on MQMs and MQDs

Upon upgrading, VS will issue a new eTicket reflecting the new cabin being flown.

Last edited by Ewele; Oct 6, 2022 at 8:11 am Reason: Found the relevant information
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: AK 75K (fFormerly 100K for one year), DL Silver (formerly DM) for 10 years, Delta MM, AA
Question about DL partners mileage run -- Mid December 2022

Hello, first time poster, frequent lurker, on this website. I'm currently DL PM, but this year, I've only pretty much used DL points to fly domestically and have 52k SkyMiles. My bigger problem is I only have 350 MQD's. I'm a DL million miler, so I'm already Silver for life, no big deal. But I'd like to try to get 6K MQD's before years end by taking a partner flight, probably on Korean Air, to Japan, Korea, Taiwan or Thailand from MIA or FLL. I've never used DL partners to get MGD's, I know it's confusing to navigate how many MQD's you'll get on a partner flight. I've seen 40% or even 60% of miles flown, but am not sure how to do it. I know many of the DL partner flights used for this are on AeroMexico, but I don't belive they fly to Asia and Mexico City is not exactly on the way to Asia, although there are direct flighs to MEX from MIA. Some of the flights could be purchasded on KAL, for example and involve DL metal to the west coast of ATL oor JFK,

Can anyone asisst in getting to the 6k MQD threshhold with an Asia trip, spending the least possible amount? I'm looking to spend up to 10--14 days, so it't's not a pure mileage run.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: Delta
Question MQD met, need 32K MQMs!

Hello! I am trying to maintain platinum medallion status for 2023. I have met the MQD via AMEX waiver, now need around ~30K MQMs.

It seems I should be able to do this for less than $1,500 after looking at different flight deals + premium cabin, but could really use perspective from folks here with experience in this situation!

Departure Airport: Prefer ATL, but can get to any east coast hub if it enhances options
MQMs Needed: 32,000
Required Spend or Budget: Sub $2,000
Available Travel Dates: Flexible anytime from Oct 20-Dec 31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Must be DL operated
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by tld15
Hello! I am trying to maintain platinum medallion status for 2023. I have met the MQD via AMEX waiver, now need around ~30K MQMs.

It seems I should be able to do this for less than $1,500 after looking at different flight deals + premium cabin, but could really use perspective from folks here with experience in this situation!

Departure Airport: Prefer ATL, but can get to any east coast hub if it enhances options
MQMs Needed: 32,000
Required Spend or Budget: Sub $2,000
Available Travel Dates: Flexible anytime from Oct 20-Dec 31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Must be DL operated
Economy on KLM but buying Delta flight numbers...
Google Flights
20,796MQMs and 1,530MQDs for $1650ish

or maybe some Hawaii trips (3 to get to 30k)

As a SkyMiles Member: 9,764 MQMs and 553 MQDs

Or this beauty....

10,047 MQMs and 494 MQDs
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AK 75K (fFormerly 100K for one year), DL Silver (formerly DM) for 10 years, Delta MM, AA
About DL Skyteam Partners Flights

Hello, first time poster, frequent lurker, on this website. I'm currently DL PM, but this year, I've only pretty much used DL points to fly domestically and have 52k SkyMiles. My bigger problem is I only have 350 MQD's. I'm a DL million miler, so I'm already Silver for life, no big deal. But I'd like to try to get 6K MQD's before years end by taking a partner flight, probably on Korean Air, to Japan, Korea, Taiwan or Thailand from MIA or FLL. I've never used DL partners to get MGD's, I know it's confusing to navigate how many MQD's you'll get on a partner flight. I've seen 40% or even 60% of miles flown, but am not sure how to do it. I know many of the DL partner flights used for this are on AeroMexico, but I don't belive they fly to Asia and Mexico City is not exactly on the way to Asia, although there are direct flighs to MEX from MIA. Some of the flights could be purchasded on KAL, for example and involve DL metal to the west coast of ATL oor JFK,

I'd rather do the Asian trip than go to CPT or JNB on VA via LHR as suggested in the wiki.

I would consider also taking Slyteam European partners carriers (e.g., KLM, AF) to Asia.

Can anyone asisst in getting to the 6k MQD threshhold for gold with an Asia trip, spending the least possible amount? I'm looking to spend up to 10--14 days, so it't's not a pure mileage run. I think 9K MQD thresshold for PM is out of the question for this year with a single trip, I know even the 6K will not be easy.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!Departure Airport: FLL or MIa area, but willing to relocate
MQMs Needed: Already have $52,866
MQDs Needed: $5615
Required Spend or Budget: Will consider all options
Available Travel Dates: Flexible schedule after Dec 8, 2022
Types of Metal: Any

Last edited by SoFlaFlyer737; Oct 4, 2022 at 3:30 pm Reason: Accidentally included "arkh" by cut and paste

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.