Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: Delta
Smile THANK YOU canuck_traveler!

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
If MQMs is what you are after then JNB is an option. (Capetown is also available for about $400 more but has more availability)

e.g. Nov 12 - 14, SLC-MSP-AMS-JNB-NBO-AMS-SLC, $1095 (MC), 21,672 MQMs, $965 MQDs, about 19 hours in JNB, bookable on Delta, ...

Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:37 am

Mileage Run from SLC for MQDs

Departure Airport: SLC
Miles Needed: $2400 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: $1K or under
Available Travel Dates: Anytime between now and the end of the year, preference for Friday or Saturday, but could make other dates work.

Is Aeromexico the best option in business class? Other options.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by jeffstache
Departure Airport: SLC
Miles Needed: $2400 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: $1K or under
Available Travel Dates: Anytime between now and the end of the year, preference for Friday or Saturday, but could make other dates work.

Is Aeromexico the best option in business class? Other options.
For smaller MQD amounts, Aeromexico is a good choice. They earn 0.40 x distance flown for MQDs (in business class). KLM/Air France also earn at that rate but you are most likely needing to fly to Europe/Africa.

Here is one to Mexicali.

December 2 - 4, slc-sat-mex-mxl-mex-gdl-lax-slc, about $2700 MQDs, long layover in SAT, Google Flight Link, play with the link and select the desired routing / times / dates

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Sep 23, 2022 at 8:27 pm Reason: replace Bogota option with Mexicali
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:13 am

Departure Airport: LAX but willing to reposition
Miles Needed: N/A
MQD's Needed: 8500 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: As little as possible if flying economy, willing to spend a little more if there's decently priced fares for a business/premium economy ticket on a long haul flight
Available Travel Dates: Open any day, with the fastest turn around if possible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: n/a

Last edited by christianm49; Sep 24, 2022 at 8:46 am
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by christianm49
Departure Airport: LAX but willing to reposition
Miles Needed: 8500 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: As little as possible
Available Travel Dates: Open any day, with the fastest turn around if possible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: n/a
Economy Delight to JNB isn't as cheap as it was but gives 25% distance as MQDs. 5536 MQDs for about $1912...

Still would be a bit short, I might recommend also a few Tijuana to Hermosillo/Ciudad Juárez or similar runs of it's easy to get to San Diego/CBX... You could probably do two back to back over a Friday to Saturday to Sunday and get close to 4000 each weekend...

TIJ to CJS from $359 and earn 1909 MQDs
christianm49 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta
Departure Airport: RIC / IAD / BWI but willing to reposition
MQDs Needed: $8,000
Required Spend or Budget: $2K or under
Available Travel Dates: November (except Thanksgiving) and December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare okay

Will achieve MQM requirement for Diamond this year but am short on MQDs due to only intra-USA travel.

Thank you for all of your help in advance!
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Borracho400

Will achieve MQM requirement for Diamond this year but am short on MQDs due to only intra-USA travel.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, a oldie and goldie is JNB with Virgin: 5578 MQDs in Virgin Premium Economy for $2313 or 4649 MQDs for $1726 in Economy Delight on JFK-LHR-JNB for instance Nov 4-6.
Similar price ex-WAS...
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:19 pm

Departure Airport: NYC or BOS
MQMs Needed: 14,000 (the more the merrier though, so that I can roll them over to next year for a head start)
MQDs Needed: 2,200
Required Spend or Budget: Flexible, but looking for below 8 cents per mile (CPM) if possible
Available Travel Dates: Anytime in December or the first week of January
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare okay. Delta or Delta partners are okay.

If possible, I would love to make a longer trip out of it (I can spend up to 5 weeks in the location(s), instead of a same day/weekend mileage run. Hawaii, Japan, and/or any other places in Asia would be ideal.

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by deltaguy24
MQMs Needed: 14,000 (the more the merrier though, so that I can roll them over to next year for a head start)
Required Spend or Budget: Flexible, but looking for below 8 cents per mile (CPM) if possible
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshare okay. Delta or Delta partners are okay.

If possible, I would love to make a longer trip out of it (I can spend up to 5 weeks in the location(s), instead of a same day/weekend mileage run. Hawaii, Japan, and/or any other places in Asia would be ideal.

Thanks so much!
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

This is in 2023, so not helping with 2022 requal...
16894 MQMs and 4505 MQDs with a trip to Cairo
Google Flights
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:48 pm

Thanks so much!
You may want to consider, JFK - CPT on Virgin Atlantic (Economy Delight) for the first week of December.

e.g. December 2 - 4, JFK-LHR-JNB-CPT-LHR-JFK, $1762, about 22,500 MQMs and $4500 MQDs, long layover in London on the return, bookable on Virgin Atlantic website. If you want to extend the stay in Cape Town for 6 days (i.e. Dec 1 - 7), you would save about $150 on the airfare.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
Any MQD runs from JFK on code shares in I class on Am or the other code shares with

Originally Posted by Borracho400

thank you for all your wonderful help! I’d prefer flying up front but select/ premium would be ok too.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM

Thanks so much!
If you want to make a trip out of it you can buy yourself JFK - BCN for around $900, giving you about 800 MQD and 8000 MQM. Spend a month there, and get a nested BCN - SCL, with a stopover in JFK if you want, for $1300 - 1500 ($2000 if you get part of it in D1), yielding 18,000 (or 25,000 with D1) MQM and anywhere between 1300 and 2000 MQD. You have to play around with the dates a bit, the rates I gave you are for Oct 15 until Nov 15 for NYC - BCN, and Oct 25 to Nov 2 for BCN - SCL.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 8:36 am

Platinum to Diamond

I have a gap to Diamond that I’m considering pursuing before EOY. I’d love to hear how you’d work towards it.

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 12k MQM
Required Spend or Budget: 8k MQD
Available Travel Dates: Any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Skyds
I have a gap to Diamond that I’m considering pursuing before EOY. I’d love to hear how you’d work towards it.

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 12k MQM
Required Spend or Budget: 8k MQD
Available Travel Dates: Any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes
Take a look at post #439 by JFKEZE.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Take a look at post #439 by JFKEZE.
I was just typing that up...

That weekend in November still $1788 for 5133+ MQDs.
Easy to add some side-trip during those layovers...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.