Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Jan 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.

Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by klg_flyer
Departure Airport: WAS or NYC - - WAS preferred
Mileage Needed: None
MQDs: $3,000
Budget: flexible but under $1k preferred
Dates: October - early Dec; can fly during weekday
Required Metal: No, just Delta or Delta Partner

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I saw the Virgin Atlantic flight to SA — wondering if there is something a bit closer or to Europe. Also, if I use points to purchase on Virgin Atlantic can I earn MQDs?
How about Copenhagen? Delta operated, Virgin Atlantic marketed Premium Economy.
e.g. Nov 11 - 13, DCA-JFK-CPH-JFK-DCA, $879, about $2600 MQDs, 13,000 MQMs, 26 hours in Copenhagen, 15 hours in JFK on return, other travel dates and booking through KLM with routing through AMS available
Old Sep 15, 2022, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Tyler.Bauman
Departure Airport: MSP (could reposition if needed - ORD likely easiest/cheapest)
MQDs: $3,000
Budget: <$1200
Dates: No restrictions, just want quick turnaround (would prefer not to have to stay overnight at a location if possible)
Required Metal: Would prefer to book using DL as I have a ton of credit if possible (I've seen using ITA Powertools that even AF Premium Economy can get high MQDs when booking on DL)
Copenhagen is close to what you need. Delta operated Premium Select. KLM marketed

e.g. Dec 2 - 4, $1054, about $2900 MQDs, about 14,000 MQMs, 26 hours in CPH, Google flights link

Old Sep 15, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Departure Airport: SEA or RDM
MQDs: $8000
Budget: ~$3k, less is always better and business class is preferred but I can use GUCs.
Dates: October - Dec; can fly during weekday but prefer a weekend
Required Metal: Delta or Delta Partner (I assume Delta partner).
Old Sep 16, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by andyh64000
Departure Airport: SEA or RDM
MQDs: $8000
Budget: ~$3k, less is always better and business class is preferred but I can use GUCs.
Dates: October - Dec; can fly during weekday but prefer a weekend
Required Metal: Delta or Delta Partner (I assume Delta partner).
AM has SEA-SCL on sale via OTAs at $1788 for 5133 MQDs . Can be done with just two hours in SCL and some long layover in MEX.
Honestly you could perhaps do a side trip to Tijuana or other spots during those long layover in MEX to get more miles....

Google Flights

Tijuana that weekend seems very high at $502, but would give you another 1143 MQDs during that first layover. Most cities don't have a red-eye type flight to make your SCL connection.

MEX-TIJ

YVR-CAI with Air France Premium Economy earns 4161 MQDs for USD 1496. Probably can use GUC to upgrade.

Google Flights

andyh64000 and Traciely like this.

Last edited by jfkeze; Sep 16, 2022 at 9:17 am
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Departure Airport: BOS but willing to position
Miles Needed: 2766 MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: As little as possible
Available Travel Dates: First week of October, Third week of October through the end of the year, avoiding holidays unless there's a good deal/fare
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Codeshares OK!

After booking my UIO flight, I realized that I will be well over the MQM requirement for Platinum, but the MQDs are quite attainable as well! I won't be anywhere near Diamond, but I thought, why not stretch for Diamond?

Another trip southward would be fine, although a trip across the pond would be even better.

As I am a larger passenger, I would be more comfortable in Premium Economy (Business would be even better) on any flight over a couple hours long.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by diburning
Available Travel Dates: First week of October, Third week of October through the end of the year, avoiding holidays unless there's a good deal/fare

After booking my UIO flight, I realized that I will be well over the MQM requirement for Platinum, but the MQDs are quite attainable as well! I won't be anywhere near Diamond, but I thought, why not stretch for Diamond?

Another trip southward would be fine, although a trip across the pond would be even better.

As I am a larger passenger, I would be more comfortable in Premium Economy (Business would be even better) on any flight over a couple hours long.
BOS-CPH Friday thru Sunday Y+ sold by KLM for $930 gives either 2426 MQDs or 2614 MQDs, because I cant remember if the MQDs are also off the 500 Mile minimum... if Not, then its the first one...

BOS-CPH-BOS

You could also position to MIA and make it an open jaw to Boston for either 2697 MQDs or 2791 MQDs, the extra MQDs perhaps from the positioning flight to MIA?

MIA-CPH-BOS
diburning likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by diburning

Another alternative is a Saturday to Sunday Tijuana Run which would give you 2492 MQDs for $804. You would have some 15 hours of layovers in MEX so perhaps an airport hotel?
Google Flights

A BOS-ORD positioning flight runs around $318 with 268 MQDs or in Y+ 427 with 371 MQDs

diburning likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:14 pm

thanks! Going to give this a try. I really appreciate the suggestion.

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
How about Copenhagen? Delta operated, Virgin Atlantic marketed Premium Economy.
e.g. Nov 11 - 13, DCA-JFK-CPH-JFK-DCA, $879, about $2600 MQDs, 13,000 MQMs, 26 hours in Copenhagen, 15 hours in JFK on return, other travel dates and booking through KLM with routing through AMS available
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
MQD run out of JFK/EWR for 850 MQD needed

Looking for a low cost Skymiles MQD run out of New York JFK or EWR . Could also do MIA from Dec 15 to Dec 31. It could be a few day trip or just a run wit ha quick turn. Dates flexible.
Looking to earn min 850 MQD.
Thank you.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:12 am

I'm super close to my platinum medallion match - I have to complete by Nov 23rd but I'm off work 23 of Sept – 1st of Oct would love to grab some miles. Any options? My tolerance for long haul coach is low these days so would love a nicer seat option.
Departure Airport: AUS (or any for a long haul)
Mileage Needed: 11K
MQDs: $1,100
Budget: flexible
Dates: I’m off the 23 of Sept – 1st of Oct but need to complete before Nov 23rd
Required Metal: No, just Delta or Delta Partner
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
Copenhagen is close to what you need. Delta operated Premium Select. KLM marketed

e.g. Dec 2 - 4, $1054, about $2900 MQDs, about 14,000 MQMs, 26 hours in CPH, Google flights link
Originally Posted by jfkeze
BOS-CPH Friday thru Sunday Y+ sold by KLM for $930 gives either 2426 MQDs or 2614 MQDs, because I cant remember if the MQDs are also off the 500 Mile minimum... if Not, then its the first one...

BOS-CPH-BOS

You could also position to MIA and make it an open jaw to Boston for either 2697 MQDs or 2791 MQDs, the extra MQDs perhaps from the positioning flight to MIA?

MIA-CPH-BOS
Sorry about a side question - is it certain that KLM marketed flights in "A" (premium economy) earn the same as AF marketed flights in "A", i.e. 30% MQD and 150% MQM? The DL website still lists KL "A" as discount economy with much lower earnings. In the past, this has made me skittish about booking KL "A".
Traciely likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Skymiles - 850 MQD needed from JFK/EWR/MIA -

Looking for an MQD for at least 850 MQD. travel dates flexible weekday or weekend. Prefer just a quick turn but open to a stay.
JFK/EWR/MIA preferred.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
Need 10k Sky Miles for Platinum out of MSP

Departure Airport: MSP
Mileage Needed: 10K
MQDs: N/A
Budget: Under $1500 if possible
Dates: Has to be Fri-Mon flight, open dates: 10/28-10/31, 12/9-12/12, 12/16-12/19
Required Metal: DL or partner

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by hogo74
Sorry about a side question - is it certain that KLM marketed flights in "A" (premium economy) earn the same as AF marketed flights in "A", i.e. 30% MQD and 150% MQM? The DL website still lists KL "A" as discount economy with much lower earnings. In the past, this has made me skittish about booking KL "A".
There is a thread on the Delta discussion board with a similar question. Take a look here. One post says that KLM Premium Economy is a new offering and they are using fare codes W / S / A for this class of fare but Delta hasn't updated their earnings table yet.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Belisarios
Looking for a low cost Skymiles MQD run out of New York JFK or EWR . Could also do MIA from Dec 15 to Dec 31. It could be a few day trip or just a run wit ha quick turn. Dates flexible.
Looking to earn min 850 MQD.
Thank you.
For the relatively lower MQD needs, it is probably less hassle to just take a short trip on Delta in business class to earn the needed MQDs.

e.g. Nov. 5, JFK-MCO-JFK, $948 (First), $854 MQDs, 2832 MQMs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.