Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 26, 22, 12:24 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

Old May 13, 22, 10:12 am

Departure Airport: AUS but can reposition anywhere
MQD Needed: 6000, no need for MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: $3000 but as
Available Travel Dates: July 1-15th
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner

Would like Biz class for any overnights if possible but not a deal breaker,
I've got a Dubai flight on hold for $3300 but hoping to find something cheaper.
Old May 13, 22, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Cielito848 View Post
Departure Airport: AUS but can reposition anywhere
MQD Needed: 6000, no need for MQMs
Required Spend or Budget: $3000 but as
Available Travel Dates: July 1-15th
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any partner

Would like Biz class for any overnights if possible but not a deal breaker,
I've got a Dubai flight on hold for $3300 but hoping to find something cheaper.
If you don't mind Virgin Atlantic economy delight, AUS-LHR-JNB-LHR-AUS, $1591, about $5200 MQDs on May 27-29

Old May 13, 22, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
1. Book a DFW-TIJ under $450 gives 1891 MQDs

2. Nest two TIJ-SJD for $311 each gives 1729 MQDs each

1891+1729 or 3620 MQDs for $760 probably 5400 MQDs for $1150 in under 3 days across three trips.
Brilliant. Is there any difference booking this on Delta vs booking it on Aeromex? I'm assuming I would have to book on Aeromex platform to get the 40% distance rate... Right?
Old May 16, 22, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver, Marriott Titanium
Departure Airport: DCA/BWI/IAD
Miles Needed: 0 MQM
MQD Needed: 8,000

Required Spend or Budget: Around 1k or lower if possible
Available Travel Dates: Anytime
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:No, pretty much need DL MQDs
Have the MQMs for Diamond but need to get the MQDs. Qualified for platinum via Amex 25k spend but need another 8k MQDs for Diamond because I won't be spending the 250k amex waiver.
Thanks for your help.
Old May 16, 22, 8:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by thesolecloset View Post
Departure Airport: DCA/BWI/IAD
Miles Needed: 0 MQM

Required Spend or Budget: Around 1k or lower if possible
Available Travel Dates: Anytime
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:No, pretty much need DL MQDs
Have the MQMs for Diamond but need to get the MQDs. Qualified for platinum via Amex 25k spend but need another 8k MQDs for Diamond because I won't be spending the 250k amex waiver.
Thanks for your help.
8 to 1 MQD Ratio will be VERY hard, even the TIJ-SJD which are a MQD Machine are at 7 to 1... there is a Economy Delight (simple economy seat more miles) from IAD-LHR-JNB for $1130 that would earn 23242 MQMs 4649 MQDs 4.11 MQD Ratio

I would use that and other V fare Virgin Atlantic fares as the initial guideline in your search... JNB should be one of the longest segments... perhaps aim for West Coast as starting point for more distance to LHR and therefore more MQMs and MQDs...
Old May 16, 22, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver, Marriott Titanium
8 to 1 MQD Ratio will be VERY hard, even the TIJ-SJD which are a MQD Machine are at 7 to 1... there is a Economy Delight (simple economy seat more miles) from IAD-LHR-JNB for $1130 that would earn 23242 MQMs 4649 MQDs 4.11 MQD Ratio

I would use that and other V fare Virgin Atlantic fares as the initial guideline in your search... JNB should be one of the longest segments... perhaps aim for West Coast as starting point for more distance to LHR and therefore more MQMs and MQDs...

yeah I know I have to do multiple flights just looking to maximize the most out of each flight to do as few as possible.
Old May 16, 22, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by thesolecloset View Post
yeah I know I have to do multiple flights just looking to maximize the most out of each flight to do as few as possible.
Surely only the IAD>LHR>IAD flights would earn MQDs and MQMs as they would be codeshared with DL? And the LHR>JNB>LHR flights would NOT earn MQDs and MQMs as they would NOT be codeshared with DL.
Old May 16, 22, 2:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by audidudi View Post
Surely only the IAD>LHR>IAD flights would earn MQDs and MQMs as they would be codeshared with DL? And the LHR>JNB>LHR flights would NOT earn MQDs and MQMs as they would NOT be codeshared with DL.
Mixing lots of concepts here, at it's core the Delta program rewards flying on certain partners especially in Premium Cabins. Codeshares with Delta numbers means you will most likely get a less than 1 MQD Ratio as Delta will reflect the value of a ticket (say in this example 1130 minus some taxes , lets call it 1000 MQDs). When you fly a partner airline and it is on their flight number or even Delta metal on a partner codeshare you earn MQDs as a % of Distance, which can be 20%, 25% ,40% or even 60% in the case of some F fares.
In this case, you would earn based on Delta charts for partner airlines such as Virgin Atlantic where the Economy Delight or V class is an Economy seat (extra leg room) but gives 25% of distance as MQDs and 125% of distance as MQMs.
That's why Aeromexico at 40% distance as MQDs has been one of the great options to earn more Spend than cash outlay... Pre-Covid, China Eastern was the gold standard, at one time they had a 12-1 MQD Ratio that one or two clients actually used from FCO-Asia with a P fare (old First Class, never updated to reflect Premium Economy)

Hope this clarifies the MQD / non-codeshare misconception...
Old May 16, 22, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Mixing lots of concepts here, at it's core the Delta program rewards flying on certain partners especially in Premium Cabins. Codeshares with Delta numbers means you will most likely get a less than 1 MQD Ratio as Delta will reflect the value of a ticket (say in this example 1130 minus some taxes , lets call it 1000 MQDs). When you fly a partner airline and it is on their flight number or even Delta metal on a partner codeshare you earn MQDs as a % of Distance, which can be 20%, 25% ,40% or even 60% in the case of some F fares.
In this case, you would earn based on Delta charts for partner airlines such as Virgin Atlantic where the Economy Delight or V class is an Economy seat (extra leg room) but gives 25% of distance as MQDs and 125% of distance as MQMs.
That's why Aeromexico at 40% distance as MQDs has been one of the great options to earn more Spend than cash outlay... Pre-Covid, China Eastern was the gold standard, at one time they had a 12-1 MQD Ratio that one or two clients actually used from FCO-Asia with a P fare (old First Class, never updated to reflect Premium Economy)

Hope this clarifies the MQD / non-codeshare misconception...
Wow! Thanks for the info...I know that flying on AM, and in the past MU, both SkyTeam members of course, gave a huge # of MQDs; but I never knew that flying on VS from LHR>JNB>LHR, for example, would yield MQDs and MQMs for DL Medallions. I learn something new every day on here!
jfkeze likes this.
Old May 17, 22, 7:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by DeltaGoldLass View Post
hi do passengers have to cover their heads when they fly ?
Not at all, hijab is not even mandatory in the country anymore
Is it difficult just staying in the airport for a turn around MR?
Absolutely not, super easy in both RUH and JED
Does anyone know of any good jfk to Jeddah etc runs without leaving g the airport please?
Can't help for this. Fares are usually good on SV, but I travel mainly from Europe to the middle east. Cheapest i can find is same day turnaround JFK-JED-DXB lie flat all the way for $2700 in J, booked into I class (100% earning, not really good, it would credit between 200 & 250 on Flying Blue for instance)
Also what is the ratio of earnings saudia turned into Delta MQDs MQMs please?

Are there four cabins ?
3 cabins (F, J, Y, but no W). F is available on selected flights only. Domestic & regional J is a true J product (recliner or lie-flat)
Is it a safe airline ?
Absolutely, I don't think any Skyteam member would be considered "unsafe"
Old May 18, 22, 3:01 pm

Hi all, hoping to requalify for platinum this year. Looked at the JFK-TIJ/MEX trips and all are about $1600 at this point. Curious if there are other options to Europe or countries where I can do a 1-2day turnaround. I'm still new at this even though I try to review this thread every time I travel...

Appreciate this group's help in advance!

Departure Airport: LGA/JFK
Miles Needed: 16K MQM

Required Spend or Budget: looking for partner routes with higher % MQDs so I don't have to spend the full $8k...
Available Travel Dates: June-early July
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Skyteam
Old May 18, 22, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by jessthing View Post
Hi all, hoping to requalify for platinum this year. Looked at the JFK-TIJ/MEX trips and all are about $1600 at this point. Curious if there are other options to Europe or countries where I can do a 1-2day turnaround. I'm still new at this even though I try to review this thread every time I travel...

Appreciate this group's help in advance!

Departure Airport: LGA/JFK
Miles Needed: 16K MQM

Required Spend or Budget: looking for partner routes with higher % MQDs so I don't have to spend the full $8k...
Available Travel Dates: June-early July
If are willing to re-position to Montreal, the YUL-GRU option is possible on July 11-12 for $2465 CAD ($1915 USD) which earns you about 20,700 MQMs and $5500 MQDs. (note that there is a long layover in MEX on the return)

You can also check out Virgin Atlantic flights JFK-LHR for 1 - 2 day turnaround but usually these flights don't get you the great MQD x mileage flown ratios.
DeltaGoldLass likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; May 18, 22 at 5:39 pm
Old May 20, 22, 4:43 pm

Departure Airport: EZE/AEP
Miles Needed:
MQD Needed: 480

Required Spend or Budget. Less than 800 if possible .
Available Travel Dates: Before June 13

I need some assistance qualifying for my Delta Status match. I have until June 13th to earn $480 more MQD's

The problem is that I live in Buenos Aires and don't have any flights back to the US planned. I was however thinking of going to see a friend in Sao Paulo soon. So I could use LATAM or Aerolineas Argentinas.
But I cant figure out how what flight or fare class I need to purchase to get the 480 MQD's
Old May 20, 22, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by alimaj View Post
Miles Needed:

I need some assistance qualifying for my Delta Status match. I have until June 13th to earn $480 more MQD's

The problem is that I live in Buenos Aires and don't have any flights back to the US planned. I was however thinking of going to see a friend in Sao Paulo soon. So I could use LATAM or Aerolineas Argentinas.
But I cant figure out how what flight or fare class I need to purchase to get the 480 MQD's
On the Delta website, they give a listing of partner earnings. you can find it here.

For LATAM, the MQD earnings chart is below. EZE-GRU-EZE, distance is about 2100 miles, at full economy (Y or B), you would earn about $525 MQDs (25% x distance flown)

For Aerolineas Argentinas, the earnings is not as good as LATAM, even flying business class, the most you will get is 20% x distance flown

Old May 20, 22, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by alimaj View Post
Miles Needed:

You can fly EZE-SCL-EZE in KLM Business Class (Z) for $806 but you will need to spend a day in Santiago. Earns about $560 MQDs. Found on Expedia.com

e.g. May 28-29

Search this Thread