Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

DL/Sky Team: 2022 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 3, 22, 4:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jfkeze
Wiki Link
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary

Need 4000+ MQDs?
If based in a city that is served by Virgin Atlantic such as IAD, JFK, BOS, MIA, LAS, LAX, SFO one of the best options is to fly to JNB or CPT via LHR. This can be done in a weekend and you can usually earn 4-5000 MQDs for under 1300-1600. You need to select Economy Delight which is similar to regular economy but with more legroom and the possibility of earning 20% of distance as MQDs. This is the most common way to earn large chunks at a cheap price.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 29, 22, 3:50 am

Need 4k mqd

Hey guys! Would greatly appreciate some help while trying to requalify for Diamond in order to
use global certificates. Basically, I am set to fly to Madagascar in October; long journey from NY and the business class tickets are 8K+ , Im currently Delta Diamond, already requalified for platinum for next year and short about 4K to requalify for diamond so Im looking for a shorter premium flight on delta partner that will net me the required 4K MQDs to earn GC as diamond and use those for my trip to Madagascar. I have a small baby and already travel A LOT so would prefer a run thats not longer than about 8hrs each way so I can do it in about 2 days and be home with the family.

Departure Airport: JFK (or any east coast)
Miles Needed: need 4K MQDs
Required Spend or Budget: $2500-2700
Available Travel Dates: Open
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Skyteam partner
Old Apr 29, 22, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Haitiannomad View Post
Hey guys! Would greatly appreciate some help while trying to requalify for Diamond in order to
use global certificates. Basically, I am set to fly to Madagascar in October; long journey from NY and the business class tickets are 8K+ , I’m currently Delta Diamond, already requalified for platinum for next year and short about 4K to requalify for diamond so I’m looking for a shorter premium flight on delta partner that will net me the required 4K MQDs to earn GC as diamond and use those for my trip to Madagascar. I have a small baby and already travel A LOT so would prefer a run that’s not longer than about 8hrs each way so I can do it in about 2 days and be home with the family.

A suggestion would be two mileage runs in business class to TIJ on Aeromexico from JFK or one MR to TIJ and one to MEX. Business class fares (I) on Aeromexico earn MQDs at a rate of 40% of distance flown. Distance from JFK to MEX is roughly 4000 miles and to TIJ is 7000. At 40% earnings, TIJ would get you about $2800 MQDs and MEX $1600 MQDs.

According to ITAMatrix, business class fares to MEX or TIJ start as low as $1132. Screenshot of ITAMatrix for JFK - TIJ

Old Apr 30, 22, 8:22 am

Hey! Thank you so much for your help--I appreciate it!
Old May 2, 22, 4:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
I'm looking to travel in Asia for work, was hoping someone could help me in maxing up my flights:

Departure Airport: AMS (or closeby)
Destination: Manila, Seoul (with stop overs to max XP if possible)
Miles Needed: maximum possble
Required Spend or Budget: €2,000
Available Travel Dates: August til October 2022

I currently have Gold status and will get to Platinum in June.
Old May 3, 22, 12:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter View Post
I'm looking to travel in Asia for work, was hoping someone could help me in maxing up my flights:

Departure Airport: AMS (or closeby)
Destination: Manila, Seoul (with stop overs to max XP if possible)
Miles Needed: maximum possble
Required Spend or Budget: 2,000
Available Travel Dates: August til October 2022

I currently have Gold status and will get to Platinum in June.
102 XPs for ATH-JED-MNL 15 XPs each way for the hop to JED and 36 XPs for the long haul as it's over 5000 miles for 775 in Business Class. Some days don't have that bad layovers...

Google Flights
asian_crossfitter likes this.
Old May 4, 22, 11:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
102 XPs for ATH-JED-MNL 15 XPs each way for the hop to JED and 36 XPs for the long haul as it's over 5000 miles for 775 in Business Class. Some days don't have that bad layovers...

Google Flights
Yes, I've been thinking a lot about the Saudia BC but the 10 hours lay over felt a little hard - has anyone done this trip? Did you decide to leave the airport? Or just hang out in the lounge for this time?
Old May 5, 22, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter View Post
Yes, I've been thinking a lot about the Saudia BC but the 10 hours lay over felt a little hard - has anyone done this trip? Did you decide to leave the airport? Or just hang out in the lounge for this time?
You need to apply for a Visa to leave the airport around 80 USD. Sam Chui had a good review and seems like there are Nap rooms in the new lounge at Jeddah
Old May 6, 22, 9:50 am

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
Looking for MR for MQD. I am good Re MQM but dont mind eating more to apply to fol

Originally Posted by Haitiannomad View Post
use global certificates. Basically, I am set to fly to Madagascar in October; long journey from NY and the business class tickets are 8K+ , Im currently Delta Diamond, already requalified for platinum for next year and short about 4K to requalify for diamond so Im looking for a shorter premium flight on delta partner that will net me the required 4K MQDs to earn GC as diamond and use those for my trip to Madagascar. I have a small baby and already travel A LOT so would prefer a run thats not longer than about 8hrs each way so I can do it in about 2 days and be home with the family.

hi so I am hesitant to fly the jfk to TIJ because it requires an overnight there and I dont know if I feel comfortable staying over night there. I was hoping AM WOULD already have flights jfk to abroad via MEX by now but I guess its not happening ? Are there any runs to South America that are decent or Central America? I do prefer flying their 787s .I am available anytime after the summer from JFK and am hoping to see a drop in Tkts costa after the summer. I have 2 runs to Merida coming up price point under 1K. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Old May 7, 22, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaGoldLass View Post
hi so I am hesitant to fly the jfk to TIJ because it requires an overnight there and I dont know if I feel comfortable staying over night there. I was hoping AM WOULD already have flights jfk to abroad via MEX by now but I guess its not happening ? Are there any runs to South America that are decent or Central America? I do prefer flying their 787s .I am available anytime after the summer from JFK and am hoping to see a drop in Tkts costa after the summer. I have 2 runs to Merida coming up price point under 1K. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Not all of the MR to TIJ require overnight there Following are options departing JFK on September 10

DeltaGoldLass likes this.
Old May 10, 22, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta MM+ DM trusted traveler, goes, Marriott, IHG SPG. NH Hyatt, Hilton
Have any women on here flown Saudia alone to do a mile run ? Do you have to cove

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
You need to apply for a Visa to leave the airport around 80 USD. Sam Chui had a good review and seems like there are Nap rooms in the new lounge at Jeddah
hi do passengers have to cover their heads when they fly ? Is it difficult just staying in the airport for a turn around MR? Does anyone know of any good jfk to Jeddah etc runs without leaving g the airport please? Also what is the ratio of earnings saudia turned into Delta MQDs MQMs please? Are there four cabins ? Is it a safe airline ?
thank you
Old May 10, 22, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canuck_traveler View Post
Business class on Delta has some tickets for $1180 on those dates. Get you about 7400 MQMs.
Best mqd flight to PTY 10/24 or 10/26 thanks.
Old May 10, 22, 11:09 pm

Programs: Delta
Hi, I was able to travel some via work so have lower miles to hit and would appreciate a good deal!

Departure Airport: LAX / SNA
MQM Needed: 12,500
MQD needed: $0 (hit the mqds already)
Required Spend or Budget: Cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Preferably weekends. Looking to complete before June 20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any code share partner
Current Medallion Level: silver

Hi all, I'm looking to do "reclaim my status" challenge to achieve Diamond status.

Thank you!
Old May 11, 22, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by DeltaChallenge View Post
Hi, I was able to travel some via work so have lower miles to hit and would appreciate a good deal!

Departure Airport: LAX / SNA
MQM Needed: 12,500
MQD needed: $0 (hit the mqds already)
Required Spend or Budget: Cheap as possible
Available Travel Dates: Preferably weekends. Looking to complete before June 20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: DL or any code share partner
Current Medallion Level: silver

Hi all, I'm looking to do "reclaim my status" challenge to achieve Diamond status.

Thank you!
Take a look at JFKEZE posting on mileage runs from TIJ on AeroMexico. Some really good options.

If you want to stay domestic, take a look at a MR to the Hawaiian islands. LAX - HNL, KOA, etc. can get you between 6000+ MQMs depending on the routing (e.g. LAX-SEA-KOA-LAX). Prices can be as low as $332 (midweek) in Basic Economy and higher on weekends. Prices are still low this week / weekend but go up a fair bit after that.

e.g. May 14

jfkeze likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; May 11, 22 at 7:06 am Reason: add link to runs from TIJ
Old May 12, 22, 8:48 pm

Any ideas on max MQD accumulation out of DFW?

Going DFW to MEX next week, just booked through delta with my business account. Premier fare nets 850 MQD according to DL point of sale. I'm thinking maybe Aeromex to JFK and doing the Tijuana route and just make a run out of it. Perhaps I can be more efficient.

Anticipating a shortage of 5-6000 MQDs... Sitting on 250,000 MQM. Shooting for diamond.
Old May 13, 22, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by breyerpatch View Post
Any ideas on max MQD accumulation out of DFW?

Going DFW to MEX next week, just booked through delta with my business account. Premier fare nets 850 MQD according to DL point of sale. I'm thinking maybe Aeromex to JFK and doing the Tijuana route and just make a run out of it. Perhaps I can be more efficient.

Anticipating a shortage of 5-6000 MQDs... Sitting on 250,000 MQM. Shooting for diamond.
1. Book a DFW-TIJ under $450 gives 1891 MQDs

2. Nest two TIJ-SJD for $311 each gives 1729 MQDs each

1891+1729 or 3620 MQDs for $760 probably 5400 MQDs for $1150 in under 3 days across three trips.

Search this Thread