Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AC : LAX - CAI $1,149 RT Business (R Class)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AC : LAX - CAI $1,149 RT Business (R Class)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer

Or are you suggesting AC may try and downgrade reservations anytime prior?

Yes, they could downgrade the reservations at any time, but given how sneaky Air Canada is, it might be at or just before check in unless they decide they need the J inventory to sell.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:29 am

The issue is that the fare was for late 2022; so do we need to wait 9 months to see if it’ll stick?

Or are you suggesting AC may try and downgrade reservations anytime prior?

Also, just noticed that the charge on my credit card is still “pending” dispute being made 5 days ago. That’s not encouraging.
I think we will know long before then what AC decides to do. Doesn't feel like a ton of people booked this since CAI isn't as popular as LHR. CAI business fares dont command a premium anyways so even if they dont you can still usually find it for high 1000 to low 2000s. Not as good, but those are pretty much all the time if you watch it.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Also, just noticed that the charge on my credit card is still “pending” dispute being made 5 days ago. That’s not encouraging.
UPDATE: Card was finally charged!
bocastephen and olouie like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:48 pm

Still alive from sfo. Csnt find on google flight.
olouie likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
I tried multiple dates on Kayak and AC website but could not find anything close - can you share some potential dates where you see it still active from SFO ?

Thanks

CC
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:53 pm

Just checked on my oct flights and saw there are lots of schedule and plane changes. They moved the outbound to a 49 min connection in YUL, which is just above the MCT. Ugh. No emails or notice of the change either.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Platinum, OZ Diamond, AC Prestige25K
thread title missing prem fare gone
tobikosan likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Just checked on my oct flights and saw there are lots of schedule and plane changes. They moved the outbound to a 49 min connection in YUL, which is just above the MCT. Ugh. No emails or notice of the change either.
I noticed the same thing and called to discuss options. I was hoping to switch to the LAX-YUL non-stop on an A330 instead of the LAX-YVR-YUL routing I had (but which now had less than a 1 hour layover in YUL to catch the CAI flight).

The agent I dealt with was very confused and didn’t understand how I had “upgrades” to business that were not supported by instruments.

But he was eventually able to do it (though at one point he had put me in Premium Economy and I had to tell him to leave the ticket alone if it couldn’t be booked in business). And as a bonus the new flight was booked in P instead of R.

So at least now I will get one leg that actually accrues PQDs for United.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by daslax
Fare basis is NKA76NCS. Not sure how others are getting it to book, not having success anywhere. Appears to be a PE fare with auto-upgrade to Business.

Does this mean a United Mileage Plus flyer will earn miles and PQDs for an N fare? (Premium Economy - Lowest)?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:08 am

Does this mean a United Mileage Plus flyer will earn miles and PQDs for an N fare? (Premium Economy - Lowest)?
AC R fares earn zero on United.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:33 am
vji

Got a schedule change and called in to move the dates. Agents had to do a back-and-forth with the ticketing desk but eventually rebooked to new dates in D (instead of R). This camper is happy. (I was also veryyyy polite and okay if agents were not willing to make the change, but the agents were also very polite in turn)
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:34 pm

Unfortunately from SFO there are no real good changes. Its either take the 49 min connection or nothing since the rest of the days nearby look the same schedule. I wonder if you can do a route change.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:45 am

Looks like recent AC changes allow rebooking onto LH business class. I wonder what class they will book into for miles.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Looks like recent AC changes allow rebooking onto LH business class. I wonder what class they will book into for miles.
I tried exploring this online to see if it would book into P or some other biz class fare. While on the face of it it says business class, when I went to “checkout” it defaulted to premium economy and/or economy depending on the flight. Not wanting to jeopardize the trip in biz, I called instead and was informed of the same thing. Agent could make the change but it would only allow her to put us in premium economy.

Maybe I didn’t have the best agent, but didn’t want to chance messing with the ticket and ending up in premium economy or worse, economy.

Last edited by FoxFlyer; Jul 26, 2022 at 12:34 pm
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:21 pm

I tried exploring this online to see if it would book into P or some other biz class fare. While on the face of it it says business class, when I went to “checkout” it defaulted to premium economy and/or economy depending on the flight. Not wanting to jeopardize the trip in biz, I called instead and was informed of the same thing. Agent could make the change but it would only allow her to put us on premium economy.

Maybe I didn’t have the best agent, but didn’t want to chance messing with the ticket and ending up in premium economy or worse, economy.
Yeah many AC agents aren't well trained for R class tickets. It looks like their own rebooking says Premium Economy but gives you business class seats. Maybe its safest to stay flying with AC at this point.

Oh wait. Now when I try it puts me into business class for both outbound and inbound. Interesting.
FoxFlyer likes this.

Last edited by olouie; Jul 26, 2022 at 12:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.