Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Fare is still available.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This seems to earn well with Alaska 450% for non elites in A class. Is that what people are planning to credit this to?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Anyway to force all AA coded flights? Can only get Iberia codes on the last two segments.
I can only get it to code on AA, and I don't want that since I want to credit it to Alaska. Alaska awards way more miles for a BA A fare than an AA A fare operated by BA. It is based on the code, right, and not the operating airline?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:06 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I can only get it to code on AA, and I don't want that since I want to credit it to Alaska. Alaska awards way more miles for a BA A fare than an AA A fare operated by BA. It is based on the code, right, and not the operating airline?
OW calculates by the marketing carrier. The operator matter as much as confirming that it is also is a OW airline. This is an AA fare you will only be able to get it on AA codes.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This seems to earn well with Alaska 450% for non elites in A class. Is that what people are planning to credit this to?
Isn't it only 200% for F and J (and 150% for A and I) when the flight is marketed by AA?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
FWIW it can be combined with the evergreen J fare ex SOF, maybe that’s one way to get it booked via the airline’s website?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Isn't it only 200% for F and J (and 150% for A and I) when the flight is marketed by AA?
If coded as BA it earns 450% and I got it to code as IB for the first two segments, but then, you're right, just AA for the long-haul. So wouldn't AA just award miles based on the price rather than 150% for A?
I wonder if it is worth crediting to BA instead?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If coded as BA it earns 450% and I got it to code as IB for the first two segments, but then, you're right, just AA for the long-haul. So wouldn't AA just award miles based on the price rather than 150% for A?
I was referring to crediting to AS - where AS will base it on distance flown rather than fare. If you credit to AA they'll use distance flown for EQM and fare for EQD and award miles.

BA is not a bad option - if you're chasing BA status then you'd get 40+40+210 TP for the "direct" routing. If you connect via JFK you could add 40 too.
LucyK1806 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:42 am

After going from ITA to aa.com and erroring out at the payment stage yesterday evening, I just tried a straight-up one-way search for CMN-MIA directly on aa.com. It brought up the correct fare (all AA flight numbers), the payment went through, and it ticketed instantly. One weird thing was that the email confirmation showed all three segments but after ticketing, the website did not show the first Air Nostrum operated CMN-MAD flight. After sleeping on it, I decided to cancel anyway for the 24-hour refund (though this was full flex F, so no real rush), so I didn't investigate that dropped segment further. Safe travels to everyone, and thanks OP for sharing.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: BA GGLFL/ VS GOLD/ WY GOLD/ SQ PPS/KL GOLD
I have had the same experience it appears like the CMN-MAD has not been ticketed though its showing on the itinerary, when I pull up the e-ticket on AA.COM it just shows MAD-LHR-MIA and thats it, is there a way to get a e-ticket elsewhere to see exactly what one is flying?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by hogo74
After going from ITA to aa.com and erroring out at the payment stage yesterday evening, I just tried a straight-up one-way search for CMN-MIA directly on aa.com. It brought up the correct fare (all AA flight numbers), the payment went through, and it ticketed instantly. One weird thing was that the email confirmation showed all three segments but after ticketing, the website did not show the first Air Nostrum operated CMN-MAD flight. After sleeping on it, I decided to cancel anyway for the 24-hour refund (though this was full flex F, so no real rush), so I didn't investigate that dropped segment further. Safe travels to everyone, and thanks OP for sharing.
That's not unusual for the Air Nostrum segment to not show up at first. It's still in there.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Alaska
RAK-MIA A fare is widely available even in April/May/June....
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
J/J/F/A/J/J

Y/Y/F/F/J/J

Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I couldn't get any of the longhaul to code as British Airways. I appreciate OP sharing but this itinerary is a TON of work (positioning to Morocco during covid, overnighting in Madrid) especially if it is going to earn based on fare for the long-haul (the base-fare is $250 lol)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.