Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by nawlins
Yes. I flew outbound last week and changed inbound from later this month to May 2023. Yes an A fare
thanks!

do you happen to have a copy of the fare rules where it states that?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
thanks!

do you happen to have a copy of the fare rules where it states that?
American (AA) ANN7IMN7 CAS to MIA
General notes

FIRST CLASS EXCURSION FARES A FOR ROUND TRIP FARESFOR ADULT
Category 4: Flight restrictions

IF THE FARE COMPONENT INCLUDES TRAVEL WITHIN NORTH AMERICA THEN THAT TRAVEL MUST BE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY 9K. AND THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL WITHIN AREA 2 ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY IB ANY IB FLIGHT OPERATED BY IB ANY IB FLIGHT OPERATED BY I2 ANY IB FLIGHT OPERATED BY YW. AND THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA EUROPE ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY AA ANY AA FLIGHT OPERATED BY IB.
Category 5: Advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions

RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE. STANDBY NOT PERMITTED. TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 DAY AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE WHICHEVER IS EARLIER.
Category 6: Minimum stay requirements

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
Category 7: Maximum stay requirements

TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by nawlins
Yes. I flew outbound last week and changed inbound from later this month to May 2023. Yes an A fare
When changing, did you keep the overnight layover in either LHR or MAD?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11
When changing, did you keep the overnight layover in either LHR or MAD?
Yes, kept the flights identical to the original keeping the overnight in MAD. As I get closer to flying I may try to add stopover either in LHR or MAD.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:04 am

Maybe obvious for regular American flyers (unlike me), but I was surprised to look at my reservation and find MIA to JFK in F on AA and JFK to LHR in F on AA had been changed to MIA to LHR in J on AA. I called and was able to change it to first (I didn't press to keep the JFK transit) but was shocked American just made a change like that and downgraded me to a lower class on a plane with the higher one available without (as far as I recall) even notifying me.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by HarbourGent
Maybe obvious for regular American flyers (unlike me), but I was surprised to look at my reservation and find MIA to JFK in F on AA and JFK to LHR in F on AA had been changed to MIA to LHR in J on AA. I called and was able to change it to first (I didn't press to keep the JFK transit) but was shocked American just made a change like that and downgraded me to a lower class on a plane with the higher one available without (as far as I recall) even notifying me.
Sounds like you got their premium flAAgshit service. Happened to me on this ticket too but that's why you should keep watching your tickets.
brewdog11 and HarbourGent like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
DO press them!!!

It happened to me THREE times.. its not done on purpose.. its their stupid IT.. as soon as they have a schedule change it just changes it autamatically.. just call and have the rebook you to A.. or even F in my case .. when A was gone I hade them book me into F.. I told them it was their schedule change.

its a hassle but not on purpose!
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:10 pm

So I've been calling about changing my inbound to Jan 2023 (from July 2022)...a few HUCAs so far since they asked for an $11k fare diff, but this last agent i talked to said there was a fare diff of $450. Just to make sure, If I keep the same fare codes/routing, etc, there should not be a fare diff whatsoever, correct? Or did the $450 fare diff make sense?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by danger
When my original LHR-MIA AA flight had a time change, I called AA's Mindpearl call centre in Fiji
Hi @danger, what is the number for AA's call center in Fiji? I don't see Fiji listed under AA.com's list of reservations numbers, so I assume they answer for several countries, but which ones?
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by anabolism
Hi @danger, what is the number for AA's call center in Fiji? I don't see Fiji listed under AA.com's list of reservations numbers, so I assume they answer for several countries, but which ones?
I called the Australian number which is answered in Fiji, 02 9101 1948.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by danger
I called the Australian number which is answered in Fiji, 02 9101 1948.
There's no guarantee the call is answered in Suva. It can be e.g. Malaysia or the Philippines as well.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Just a quick data point, was able to changed my flight back to a day earlier citing travel exception policy traveling to/from LHR. The kicker is, I moved from AA38 to AA6959/ BA operated. Wanted to fly the a380 again since LHR-MIA last time was swabbed from 380 to 777 at the last minute. So if you don't want to travel near or into LHR or want to push your trip back now is your chance. Notes: per the exception policy you could even move your trip back to the end of this year. https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/travel-alerts.jsp

Hope that helps someone.
rdlmitedu likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
So I've been calling about changing my inbound to Jan 2023 (from July 2022)...a few HUCAs so far since they asked for an $11k fare diff, but this last agent i talked to said there was a fare diff of $450. Just to make sure, If I keep the same fare codes/routing, etc, there should not be a fare diff whatsoever, correct? Or did the $450 fare diff make sense?
I changed the dates of my inbound (same routing) and likewise the fist fare difference was c. $10K but the same agent then spent more time on it and it came out at about $160, which I just agreed to to get it done. In my experience it was the TATL segment availability that was hardest to find.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:36 pm

I changed the dates of my inbound (same routing) and likewise the fist fare difference was c. $10K but the same agent then spent more time on it and it came out at about $160, which I just agreed to to get it done. In my experience it was the TATL segment availability that was hardest to find.
thanks for the data point.

After my own calls, I let my friend call AA to see if he could change our bookings to 2023 since we both had the same flights just on separate reservations. After a couple calls, he managed to get the change done without any extra cost.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Thought I would post an update, Flew this fare at the beginning of June, Positioned out to Casablanca on RAM for 22k Avios and £100 in J and for an airline I had never flown as actually pretty decent.

Unfortunately the trip went pretty pear shaped with IRROPS

Trip was CMN MAD LHR JFK MIA LHR MAD CMN and all was going perfect till JFK.

When I arrived in JFK the weather was really bad in MIA and ended up with a diversion to JAX. Unfortunately @JAXBA was not around so I had to buy my own drinks at the bar but we finally made it to Miami.

I decided for something a bit different to fly to St Lucia for a few days, Onward to Trinidad then back to Miami.

Said storm caused chaos on the return flight too and by the time I got back to Miami the MIA LHR I was on had been downgraded to a J cabin so I reached out to the Twitter team.

there was nothing in F leaving that day from the east coast and whilst there was something out of ORD there was no way of getting there. So I chanced my arm and they agreed to reroute me via DOH on Qatar J and then DOH LHR on Qatar F couldn't believe my luck that they approved it.

That honestly made the trip lol. not to mention the fact the MIA DOH was booked on codeshare so earnt 25k Avios on its own and 160TP

Thanks to the OP . Had a great time
our_kid, JAXBA, rdlmitedu and 4 others like this.

Last edited by cgtechuk; Jul 25, 2022 at 1:54 pm Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.