Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
Some of very few good news to AA: I could move my inbound to a later date (no rerouting) paying a fare difference of roughly 14 USD using historical fares. Had to match original fare buckets of course.
How did u reach that goal? I was on the phone for an hour at the exec Plat line and he wanted 3k. Twitter team wrote back only 24h...
Injust wanna move 12 days back that's all

Just call over again?in the past I had them flag my ticket and when I called again they knew I was insisting..

Flight is April 8 wanna go to 20th
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Your whole approach to travel contradicts itself in a paradoxal sense. You fly paid AA Flagship First on your own dime and also had positioning flights, but yet you abhor sensible, very good priced hotels in Casablanca (thus ending up sleeping in a dump) and you despise, when somebody wants to tip, since *gasp* it would equal to 8% of your cheapskate fare.

I couldn't resist the urge saying this out loud, since I doubt I'm the only one rolling their eyes, while reading your post. No, I don't tip at lounges, but that's mainstream, while I certainly don't go out saying "it would be 8% of my ticket price" or abhor others for choosing to do so. And "sleeping behind the dumpster at Wendy's" grade paid accommodation isn't just sensible anyway.
your whole reply to my post contradicts itself in a paradoxical sense. (paradoxal is not a word btw) if you would call a $750 6.5cpm fare an AA paid F fare, then me rawdogging a Wendy's at 4am in a dumpster behind my favorite walmart is considered a 3 star michelin gourmet meal. And yes, it is a dump, I do not recommend it to folks like you, but I LOVED it. Sure I got sick, but I also got to know a lot of locals who were the nicest it can be. I became friends with a juice seller and last day he refused to take my daily juice money. The receptionist taught me Arabic for "Anyone interested in an Asian boy?".
I love dumps. I am from a dump. I grew up carrying manure to the fields to fertilize crops. For me, every flight is a treat, and every deal is a reason to remind myself how lucky I am. And every time I stayed in a hostel for 15 bucks lets me appreciate my Concorde Room experience even more. And that 8% is more of a jab to how cheap the fare is rather than how cheap I am. (It is a UN-acknowledged fact that I am cheap, I am Asian!) I just found it bizarre why someone would tip like this, and the motive of the servers leaving it behind on the tables for 90 minutes. In fact, I left all the dirham with that juicer, all 20 dollars of it. And that is 3 days of revenue for him, which should make a difference in his life. I paid for my positioning, true, but I used AS credit to get to JFK, and hopped onto a great B6 Mint deal to position (if you know, you know ) to europe. So nah, I paid next to nothing.
in fact, I am texting this on my Mint flight back, after spending a night in a travelodge for 25 quid, and will stay in a 30 dollar airbnb shared with 2 others in northern flushing after I land.

AND I ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF IT.

This is the game! Save money and try to be savvy! Isn't this the reason why we are all here? If you pay full fare AA F then you are too rich or too dumb to be on this forum. (at least go for BA F, geez) And if you project your own hatred onto me thinking I abhor people tipping 50 dollars, then it says more about you than me. I loved that the lovely server named Angel got a fat tip, and I do not judge, just as I expect nobody judges me for not tipping in this situation after flying in sweatpants for 6.5cpm.
Well, now that I have gone all sassy, I guess I gotta keep it going then. I would love that you take a look of my youtube channel, the combination of luxury flying and grounded backpacking is a marvelous way to solo travel. But I am sure your golden-plated iPad is too bourgeois to display the word "hostel". If you are savvy enough to be on this sub forum but not savvy enough to save on ancillary costs like lodging then you are just not good enough at this game. Sorry not sorry.
And yes, I do sleep in dumpsters behind wendy's, because they have their beef fresh.
nawlins, fridgy and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
*snip, snip a long tirade into one paragraph*

Originally Posted by beyounged
I would love that you take a look of my youtube channel, the combination of luxury flying and grounded backpacking is a marvelous way to solo travel. But I am sure your golden-plated iPad is too bourgeois to display the word "hostel". If you are savvy enough to be on this sub forum but not savvy enough to save on ancillary costs like lodging then you are just not good enough at this game. Sorry not sorry.
I'm not going to comment on your YouTube endeavors, but I do say that was quite a lengthy outpouring post from you.

The attempt at hinting I pay $XX,XXX for AA Flagship First was amusing, not to mention the golden iPad, since I'm not anyway into Apple products. Indeed, I myself travel HBO, but I don't sleep in the cheapest dump available, but rather shop wisely like most around here probably do. Decent hotels in Casablanca are very affordable, so paying $11 is really overkill in being frugal. Being smart with travel costs is a key theme and virtue on FlyerTalk, but being black and white about it is outright stupid, just like you yourself concluded by saying the choice of your accommodation wasn't good.

Your original post was just amusing, since decent hotel rooms would've been available for a few ten dollar notes more. That, combined with your premium cabin ticket, made it whole look like a paradoxical (yes, I made a typo there in my post) undertaking.

Point made and I get back to the original topic about the fares in question.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:01 am

your whole reply to my post contradicts itself in a paradoxical sense. (paradoxal is not a word btw) if you would call a $750 6.5cpm fare an AA paid F fare, then me rawdogging a Wendy's at 4am in a dumpster behind my favorite walmart is considered a 3 star michelin gourmet meal. And yes, it is a dump, I do not recommend it to folks like you, but I LOVED it. Sure I got sick, but I also got to know a lot of locals who were the nicest it can be. I became friends with a juice seller and last day he refused to take my daily juice money. The receptionist taught me Arabic for "Anyone interested in an Asian boy?".
I love dumps. I am from a dump. I grew up carrying manure to the fields to fertilize crops. For me, every flight is a treat, and every deal is a reason to remind myself how lucky I am. And every time I stayed in a hostel for 15 bucks lets me appreciate my Concorde Room experience even more. And that 8% is more of a jab to how cheap the fare is rather than how cheap I am. (It is a UN-acknowledged fact that I am cheap, I am Asian!) I just found it bizarre why someone would tip like this, and the motive of the servers leaving it behind on the tables for 90 minutes. In fact, I left all the dirham with that juicer, all 20 dollars of it. And that is 3 days of revenue for him, which should make a difference in his life. I paid for my positioning, true, but I used AS credit to get to JFK, and hopped onto a great B6 Mint deal to position (if you know, you know ) to europe. So nah, I paid next to nothing.
in fact, I am texting this on my Mint flight back, after spending a night in a travelodge for 25 quid, and will stay in a 30 dollar airbnb shared with 2 others in northern flushing after I land.

This is the game! Save money and try to be savvy! Isn't this the reason why we are all here? If you pay full fare AA F then you are too rich or too dumb to be on this forum. (at least go for BA F, geez) And if you project your own hatred onto me thinking I abhor people tipping 50 dollars, then it says more about you than me. I loved that the lovely server named Angel got a fat tip, and I do not judge, just as I expect nobody judges me for not tipping in this situation after flying in sweatpants for 6.5cpm.
Well, now that I have gone all sassy, I guess I gotta keep it going then. I would love that you take a look of my youtube channel, the combination of luxury flying and grounded backpacking is a marvelous way to solo travel. But I am sure your golden-plated iPad is too bourgeois to display the word "hostel". If you are savvy enough to be on this sub forum but not savvy enough to save on ancillary costs like lodging then you are just not good enough at this game. Sorry not sorry.
And yes, I do sleep in dumpsters behind wendy's, because they have their beef fresh.
just wanna say.. I thought it was extremly funny your 8% tip.. haha.. I got the humor.. keep on rolling..
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:14 am

Keep telling your story - you tell a good one. I watched your youtube channel A Road that You Can't Cross. I am in Washington State and had no idea
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by danger
Head for Points has reported on AA moving a number of LHR departures to T5 for the northern summer: https://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...3/default.aspx. Less Flounging for me, unfortunately.
But, more CCR for me!
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
How did u reach that goal? I was on the phone for an hour at the exec Plat line and he wanted 3k. Twitter team wrote back only 24h...
Injust wanna move 12 days back that's all

Just call over again?in the past I had them flag my ticket and when I called again they knew I was insisting..

Flight is April 8 wanna go to 20th
You already flew the outbound? I bought tickets with First in the F bucket and A bucket. Finding the A bucket on the return can be a challenge and there seems to be more A bucket availability on BA on the return at least the next few months
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by nawlins
You already flew the outbound? I bought tickets with First in the F bucket and A bucket. Finding the A bucket on the return can be a challenge and there seems to be more A bucket availability on BA on the return at least the next few months
No. Starts on the 8th. I wanna move the whole itinerary for 12 days
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:18 am

Just got an email from AA they have just changed my return from Mia jfk lhr in f to Mia lhr in J..
Omg. Getting frustrated here. Lol
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
*snip, snip a long tirade into one paragraph*

I'm not going to comment on your YouTube endeavors, but I do say that was quite a lengthy outpouring post from you.

The attempt at hinting I pay $XX,XXX for AA Flagship First was amusing, not to mention the golden iPad, since I'm not anyway into Apple products. Indeed, I myself travel HBO, but I don't sleep in the cheapest dump available, but rather shop wisely like most around here probably do. Decent hotels in Casablanca are very affordable, so paying $11 is really overkill in being frugal. Being smart with travel costs is a key theme and virtue on FlyerTalk, but being black and white about it is outright stupid, just like you yourself concluded by saying the choice of your accommodation wasn't good.

Your original post was just amusing, since decent hotel rooms would've been available for a few ten dollar notes more. That, combined with your premium cabin ticket, made it whole look like a paradoxical (yes, I made a typo there in my post) undertaking.

Point made and I get back to the original topic about the fares in question.
haha I do apologize as freeflowing alcohol and free internet is a dangerous combination, I advise everyone not to fly B6 mint 😉. Got a bit fired up and kept on typing.
Overkill? same can be said about this fare, them why are folks going for 700 rt when they can get free change/cancellation for "just" 50% more? Everyone's value on money is different, and most will say 10 vs. 20 ain't that much, true. But for me, I prefer cheaper ones as I get closer (sometimes physically) with locals and that is a way less sanitized way of travel. I want to get down to the dirty parts and real lives of day to day Moroccans, instead of greeting a bellboy with white gloves every day, I want to greet the hostel manager who also manages a bakery. For some, maybe not you, the 10 dollar one is better than the 200 dollar suites. Sure sometimes I pay for it a bit for poorer conditions, but that is all acceptable for me. I fan meet locals where I sleep, how cool is that? No need to go to bars or restaurants. So maybe I am stupid, stupid good at efficient use of my time and money!
You call it paradoxical, I call a harmonious juxtaposition. But agree to disagree I guess.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Just got an email from AA they have just changed my return from Mia jfk lhr in f to Mia lhr in J..
Omg. Getting frustrated here. Lol
You should be pleased. Now you have a reason for a date change… otherwise the fare difference they were quoting you would have been payable. You can only change dates using historic fares when you’ve already flown the first segment.
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:15 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by coleslaw
You should be pleased. Now you have a reason for a date change… otherwise the fare difference they were quoting you would have been payable. You can only change dates using historic fares when you’ve already flown the first segment.
I doubt anything > 24 hours change is allowed. I had the same changes at the beginning of this year and I called in to change but was only allowed to change it ~24 hours, did manage to get it a bit > 24 hours when I requested for the original routing via JFK. Only advantage of this was reducing 2 long stopover (in LHR and in MAD) so saved a day of having to take a day off.
I even tried to play the 300 mile ruling (to try and avoid going back to Morocco, but agent denied due to the not within the same country rule.

Cheers!
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
If you arrive early for your flight, it seems you can enter T3 with a T5 bp. So before any AA/BA flight, you could visit the CX lounge for example.
Really? Where can I read about that? I assume one would need to check luggage in at T5, go over to T3 and clear security and undertake formalities. Is there an avenue accessible for departing passengers to access a T3 to T5 airside transfer?

The F fare says:

CHANGES AFTER DEPARTURE// THE ITINERARY MUST BE REPRICED USING HISTORICAL FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE. ----- WHENTHE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE THE DIFFERENCE WILL BE COLLECTED. ----- WHEN THE NEW ITINERARY RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE AREFUND OF THE RESIDUAL AMOUNT LESS THE APPLICABLEPENALTY WILL BE MADE.
If historical fares are used, how is it possible for the fare to have increased? Is it referring to the tax component rather than the fare component?

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I doubt anything > 24 hours change is allowed. I had the same changes at the beginning of this year and I called in to change but was only allowed to change it ~24 hours, did manage to get it a bit > 24 hours when I requested for the original routing via JFK. Only advantage of this was reducing 2 long stopover (in LHR and in MAD) so saved a day of having to take a day off.
I even tried to play the 300 mile ruling (to try and avoid going back to Morocco, but agent denied due to the not within the same country rule.

Cheers!
Are you referring to the A or F fare? As per above, the F fare seems to allow a range of changes, including date changes.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert

Cheers!
It's totally YMMV.

But OP was starting from a position of "I want to change my dates". That's pretty much never going to work. Now OP's position is "I want to change my dates because of a schedule change and downgrade to J from F". That's a much better position to be in. Some agents will say +/- 24 hours. Some will give a *lot* more leeway. I would suggest trying a few times and seeing where the OP can get. I'd say it's very possible that they can change to ~12 days out pretty easily.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:22 pm

It's totally YMMV.

But OP was starting from a position of "I want to change my dates". That's pretty much never going to work. Now OP's position is "I want to change my dates because of a schedule change and downgrade to J from F". That's a much better position to be in. Some agents will say +/- 24 hours. Some will give a *lot* more leeway. I would suggest trying a few times and seeing where the OP can get. I'd say it's very possible that they can change to ~12 days out pretty easily.
I had this with another ticket. And this time again. I called twice. Waited 1 and 2h for call back then spent 1.5h with the agent. They never do anything anymore without on hold while they call supervisor in the back..and then always come back with the 24h rule.. Same answer from Twitter.
I'm happy if someone gets this to work. But you have to be very lucky I suppose.
I asked for a change to ram instead of the mad layover. That wouldn't work.
But now they put us lhr Mia nonstop in f which I kinda like. Thanks everyone

And no.. Because of covid it's officially not possible anymore to enter t3 with a t5 bp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.