Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by sgan317
Got a schedule change alert from PL this morning for my May departure, AA moved time and downgraded AA39 from 77W to 772. The system automatically pushed me into biz. Quick call to the EP desk and they took over the ticket and moved me to BA F with BA coded segments. Crediting to AS will be sweet!
I got the same swap in June, I got my flights change through AA's chat feature, AA flights operated by BA, didn't really request BA flight number since I was happy to be back on the 380 again after 3 years... even though BA 777s have the newer first class cabin though
Old Feb 27, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by andigoeskiwi
Good news: The online check in for IB flights CMN-MAD-LHR works now and I was able to get the Boarding Pass online. So a classic transit was possible with staying airside in CMN. Of course staff and security there don´t really get that and try to lead you differently. But keep straight and just go to the boarding gate for IB. LHR-US was easy as usual.

To the rebooking using historical fares.....so far two tries and no good outcome. Was quoted twice a fare difference of a couple thousand USD for pushing the rest of the flights to a later date. I hope someone else has better experience and posts it here.
Did you still get a PCR test before your flight into CMN? Also, did you happen to see TAP planes in the same area as where you came in?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Got a schedule change alert from PL this morning for my May departure, AA moved time and downgraded AA39 from 77W to 772. The system automatically pushed me into biz. Quick call to the EP desk and they took over the ticket and moved me to BA F with BA coded segments. Crediting to AS will be sweet!
You had me spilling my coffee when I read your post. I got the schedule change for AA39 in May from my TA yesterday. I saw it was brought forward 30 minutes and accepted it but when you mentioned 77W to 772, I panicked. Fortunately, I'm still on a 77W.

As for AS, does having a BA code over an AA code make any difference?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by danger
You had me spilling my coffee when I read your post. I got the schedule change for AA39 in May from my TA yesterday. I saw it was brought forward 30 minutes and accepted it but when you mentioned 77W to 772, I panicked. Fortunately, I'm still on a 77W.

As for AS, does having a BA code over an AA code make any difference?
The changes are rather inconsistent, especially looking during the middle of may, sometimes there is AA 77W, BA 777 w/ first, and BA A380 on the same day and other days it's just the BA A380 for F cabins.

For AS:
AA F is 200% EQM & RDM
BA F is 300% EQM & 500% RDM
Rather significant

Last edited by sgan317; Feb 27, 2022 at 3:44 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The changes are rather inconsistent, especially looking during the middle of may, sometimes there is AA 77W, BA 777 w/ first, and BA A380 on the same day and other days it's just the BA A380 for F cabins.

For AS:
AA F is 200% EQM & RDM
BA F is 300% EDM & 500% RDM
Rather significant
Damn. That is significant. Until today I was likely going to credit to QF which offers a lot more points for AA codes over BA codes. But QF has now announced another status extension so I will credit to AS. I guess I'll have to hope for another schedule change and see what I can manage. An earlier scheduled change on the return sector allowed me to move to an AA-coded/BA-operated flight so I'll be able to compare the products for the first time in awhile.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite Plus, SQ Gold, BA Gold, VS Gold, Globalist, HH Diamond
I did get a PCR just to be on the safe side. Previous travellers reported they had to collect the Boarding Pass landside where you can only get with PCR.
As I could connect airside nobody wanted to see my PCR.
Sorry, I did not see any TAP....
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Awesome!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:35 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Slight OT: For those starting in Marrekech, any recommendations for transportation - airport to hotel and back? I see that it's quite limited to some local ridesharing apps. I will be arriving the night before and have a 1 night stay. Planning if possible in the morning to do a quick visit to the gardens of YSL before my afternoon flight-. (curious since I saw it featured on the Inventing Anna - netflix series )

Cheers!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Gardens of YSL are fantastic - really recommend it - and of course the famous market square. RAK airport is really just on the city limits with a very short ride to inside the city walls.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Not what most on here will want to hear, but have my CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA flight coming up in a few weeks and no longer that interested in travelling. Any ideas how best to protect the money I paid without travelling? I thought an AA voucher would work, but the AA agent today said I could only use such a voucher for travel that originated in Morocco which is a bit useless to me! Anybody got some suggestions on how I can protect the fare I paid to use again with AA? (or do I HUACA with a different agent)

Pilot37
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Not what most on here will want to hear, but have my CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA flight coming up in a few weeks and no longer that interested in travelling. Any ideas how best to protect the money I paid without travelling? I thought an AA voucher would work, but the AA agent today said I could only use such a voucher for travel that originated in Morocco which is a bit useless to me! Anybody got some suggestions on how I can protect the fare I paid to use again with AA? (or do I HUACA with a different agent)
The agent is correct. About the only way around it is if a flight is cancelled or delayed more than four hours, in which case you can get a full refund to original form of payment. Or if you bought an F rather than an A fare. The other thing you can do is exchange for a voucher, then use that voucher for a super cheap flight out of Morocco, with the balance going to an unrestricted voucher. That's if you can find such a flight that you can purchase on AA. You'd lose the cost of the new ticket, unless the flight gets cancelled.
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Anybody got some suggestions on how I can protect the fare I paid to use again with AA? (or do I HUACA with a different agent)

Pilot37
what about changing the name on a ticket and sell it? (to me)
https://saleslink.aa.com/en-us/blog/...licy-2022.html it might work
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by fridgy
what about changing the name on a ticket and sell it? (to me)
https://saleslink.aa.com/en-us/blog/...licy-2022.html it might work
Interesting concept from AA - but looking at the rules, my ticket has a few legs on IB prime codes which would mean this name change rule wouldn’t work I think?

Pilot37
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Oh no. My BA MIA-LHR has been downgraded to an A350. No F. And booking no longer showing on AA.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by danger
Oh no. My BA MIA-LHR has been downgraded to an A350. No F. And booking no longer showing on AA.
you better reroute via ORD or DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.