Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
I've gotten nowhere on twitter or on the phone,

If i try to change the dates, it's a voluntary change, but the concept of same day change not being possible is going over their heads
Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by danger
Why wouldn't AA being allowing CMN-MAD flights on AT when the IB flight is cancelled?

I don't see any non-stop oneworld flights FAO-MAD or GIB-MAD. Do you know which carrier you'd be put on?
pretty sure IB run FAO-MAD, if this was a possibility I'd be open to it
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by W213Sal
pretty sure IB run FAO-MAD, if this was a possibility I'd be open to it
They do, but it's seasonal. I think it resumes in June 2022.

For the near term, the main options within 300mi are RAK (not much use to anyone until at least 1/31/22) and then BA operated flights to LHR from GIB, AGP, FAO, etc. Most of those BA operated flights have AA codes.

Of course GIB, AGP, FAO, etc, are only useful if you get lucky enough to find a rep who has taken it upon themselves to decide that the departure point needs to be 300mi from CMN/RAK and country doesn't matter.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by chosun8181
Called AA today for my Jan 2 2022 flight from CMN and the AA agent was only willing to change up to +7 days - however when she tried to the changes - which showed available J and F seats on the routes CMN/MAD/LHR/MIA to Feb 6/7 2022 - she was unable to do so as it showed unconfirmed on AA system and was not able to make the changes. After that I investigated other sites and they were bookable - IB site was bookable (for CMN - MAD for Feb 6 2022) and so was thru Google Flight - but on AA online, you can't book any OW/RT originating from CMN up to Nov 27 2022. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
There is nothing untoward going on here - it’s IB who will not allow reservations made on the route whilst restrictions are in place. So even though the flights are in the timetable they are not bookable.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
I was able to convince the manager on duty (3rd tier support) to drop the CMN-MAD leg and keep MAD-LHR-MIA. Took 3 hours on the phone with them. Tried to get them to let me move it to April, but they wouldnt even entertain that.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: QR - Plat, SQ, ANA, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by our_kid
There is nothing untoward going on here - it’s IB who will not allow reservations made on the route whilst restrictions are in place. So even though the flights are in the timetable they are not bookable.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

The funny thing is the IB flight is bookable ... on IB website except for AA. So it was not an issue of IB placing restrictions after Jan 31. Anyhow, finally convinced the AA supervisor to change the flight to Feb 1 2022 after 1+ hours back and forth on phone - miraculously the IB flight from CMN was bookable now. However the AA supervisor initially claimed that any changes after Jan 2 2022 (my original departure date from CMN) was a voluntary change as it was IB that cancelled the flight, and also refuted the ability to change up to 7 days after the lockdown. I will take it regardless ...
our_kid likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by chosun8181
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

The funny thing is the IB flight is bookable ... on IB website except for AA. So it was not an issue of IB placing restrictions after Jan 31. Anyhow, finally convinced the AA supervisor to change the flight to Feb 1 2022 after 1+ hours back and forth on phone - miraculously the IB flight from CMN was bookable now. However the AA supervisor initially claimed that any changes after Jan 2 2022 (my original departure date from CMN) was a voluntary change as it was IB that cancelled the flight, and also refuted the ability to change up to 7 days after the lockdown. I will take it regardless ...
Got the same outcome as you are... my flights have been changed to 02/01/22, I was supposed to fly on 01/14.. at first they only offered the option for me to cancel. And somehow AA took over the tickets without me paying $50. So that's a win for now... Now I have till the end of this month to figure out the course of action. Hopefully another cancellation occur so that I can request a date change again lol

The experience wasn't fun that's for sure. Twitter AA team keep saying the ticket was purchsed through Priceline and contact them for re-booking. Over-the-phone was meh, either the agents don't want to rebook and tell me the same thing as Twitter says, or when they agreed to rebooked, they only offer something like CMN-MAD-MIA in C/D/J when I specificially told them it's a mixed class ticket and I want to stay in A/F, and the wait times on average were 1-3 hours. And if you get a dropped call, they can't call you back since it was an inbound call center. Even when I have the flights' numbers handy, some agents even told me that they can only booked "of what my system tell me, and not segment by segment". One agent on the phone even canceled my reservation and told me I can call and book the ticket later without my permission, luckily I asked her (nicely) to put all the flights back as is, I did not request a cancel but exercising my rebooking options.

Multiple calls were resulted in either 1) go back to Priceline 2) only these flights option are available (C/D/J class) 3) Reprice due to "voluntary change" of current fare 4) Refund

Finally got it through AA's website chat feature, the guy was great, got my request down and work on them. He had to contact the rate desk and his supervisor due to the border closed issue and told me that any date change beside my traveling date will constitute as a "voluntary change". So I pushed back a bit and asked him if he can check with his supervisor what date I can changed to to make it an "involuntary flight change", he asked his sup, and came back with 02/01 as the date.

Last edited by flyer89; Jan 3, 2022 at 4:13 pm
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer89
Got the same outcome as you are... my flights have been changed to 02/01/22, I was supposed to fly on 01/14.. at first they only offered the option for me to cancel. And somehow AA took over the tickets without me paying $50. So that's a win for now... Now I have till the end of this month to figure out the course of action. Hopefully another cancellation occur so that I can request a date change again lol
The way things are looking right now, I would expect an extension of the Morocco flight restrictions beyond the current 1/31 date. Maybe you'll get lucky next time you try to call up and deal with the cancelation aftermath.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:21 am

Finally got it through AA's website chat feature, the guy was great, got my request down and work on them. He had to contact the rate desk and his supervisor due to the border closed issue and told me that any date change beside my traveling date will constitute as a "voluntary change". So I pushed back a bit and asked him if he can check with his supervisor what date I can changed to to make it an "involuntary flight change", he asked his sup, and came back with 02/01 as the date.
where's the website chat feature located? I can only do twitter message or ring them
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:22 am

where's the website chat feature located? I can only do twitter message or ring them
figured it out, have to be an AA member
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:19 pm

So did you have any luck through AA's chat feature @W213Sal?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:03 am

So did you have any luck through AA's chat feature @W213Sal?
Nope was on hold for hours and hours on the chat then gave up, might try ringing today!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:24 am

Nope was on hold for hours and hours on the chat then gave up, might try ringing today!
Really? The longest I've waited on AA's chat was 40 minutes, I just watch Youtube, if someone typed there will some sort of loud notification noise. And unlike my phone... chat doesn't get disconnected... lol. You should try it now and see, it's 0023 time in AZ so most people are asleep, easier for you to get things done.
W213Sal likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Where do I find the chat function? I'm logged in and don't find any chat function on the contact page.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by danger
Where do I find the chat function? I'm logged in and don't find any chat function on the contact page.
Hmm I just logged in to check and see the chat function... Log in... Contact American.. you will see a small text box (bottom right corner) after that screen... If you don't see that text box... go a step further ... So Log in --> Contact American --> Reservation and Ticket Change --> look for the text box bottom right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.