Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
@rdlmitedu call AA asap if you dont wanna lose your ticket
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Indeed, I'm on hold. I am so furious.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Yeah, the MAD-CMN just entirely disappeared earlier. They just cancelled my MIA-LHR LHR-MAD. I'm on "chat hold" plus "call me back in 3 hours" hold.

I got one guy on chat earlier who then said "you will be transferred immediately" and now I'm 21, 19, 14 in line again.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
Yeah, the MAD-CMN just entirely disappeared earlier. They just cancelled my MIA-LHR LHR-MAD. I'm on "chat hold" plus "call me back in 3 hours" hold.

I got one guy on chat earlier who then said "you will be transferred immediately" and now I'm 21, 19, 14 in line again.
Was MIA LHR MAD cancelled automatically or only after you contacted them?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:49 pm

Only after I contacted them; the person behind their twitter DM support did it to me. I asked them to reverse it.

I'm 45 minutes away from a call back. I had assumed a minimal level of competence from the Twitter DM support (the Alaska and Delta DM support people are amazing; AA not so much).
? I don't understand. Did you cancel the ticket ? I don't understand. Did you cancel the ticket causing a refund, stranding me in Miami? Or can I book using the fare rule in place when I originally bought the flight? a refund, stranding me in Miami? Or can I book using the fare rule in place when I originally bought the flight?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 4:03 pm

(and it appears they cancelled the entirely unflown one-way 12 Jan CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA flight.).

Going to try being as polite as possible on the phone but I am going to turn this into a Project if they screw me.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 4:11 pm

"Our apologies for the mix-up. We've restored both itineraries."
fridgy likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:18 pm

Now I have a seemingly-very-competent person on the chat for International desk (which took another hour to wait). Got everything selected, but then she got disconnected.

On with Nikita now, who is also great, who is on hold with the pricing department for the change (I rebooked to 1-14 September; in'shallah Covid will be less of an issue by then!). Hopefully this works. Downside of chat, though, is if there's a fare difference (which I'm fine with if it's a $100-200 thing due to different MAD-CMN or whatever), I can't pay that via chat, so I'd have to call. But I'm sure happier being on chat hold vs. voice call hold for hours.

UPDATE: WOO! VICTORY. The first one is reticked for 1 SEP-3 SEP. Now working on the second.
our_kid and fridgy like this.

Last edited by rdlmitedu; Dec 19, 2021 at 6:24 pm
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Now I have a seemingly-very-competent person on the chat for International desk (which took another hour to wait). Got everything selected, but then she got disconnected.

On with Nikita now, who is also great, who is on hold with the pricing department for the change (I rebooked to 1-14 September; in'shallah Covid will be less of an issue by then!). Hopefully this works. Downside of chat, though, is if there's a fare difference (which I'm fine with if it's a $100-200 thing due to different MAD-CMN or whatever), I can't pay that via chat, so I'd have to call. But I'm sure happier being on chat hold vs. voice call hold for hours.

UPDATE: WOO! VICTORY. The first one is reticked for 1 SEP-3 SEP. Now working on the second.
Great result. What was the justification for being able to move the unflown one way before any of the segments got cancelled? Just goodwill?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Great result. What was the justification for being able to move the unflown one way before any of the segments got cancelled? Just goodwill?
Oh, maybe that's why it failed to price for the agent? That didn't come up, she merely said "we can't reprice because it's on a different airline" (the air nostrum flight) and "call the travel agent". But I'm happy to kick that can down the road a little, and honestly if I have to refund the unflown one-way or burn it it won't be the end of the world. But I'm assuming covid omicron will get bad enough in Europe or US (or Morocco?) by 12 January to cause segment cancellation.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:14 pm

Oh, maybe that's why it failed to price for the agent? That didn't come up, she merely said "we can't reprice because it's on a different airline" (the air nostrum flight) and "call the travel agent". But I'm happy to kick that can down the road a little, and honestly if I have to refund the unflown one-way or burn it it won't be the end of the world. But I'm assuming covid omicron will get bad enough in Europe or US (or Morocco?) by 12 January to cause segment cancellation.
I think even if a segment got cancelled then usually the best they’d do is allow you to push it out by a few weeks / until the next available date. You got lucky to be able to move by 9 months. I lost a few great fares earlier this year in similar circumstances (although Asia vs Morocco).
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:18 pm

I still need to buy a late feb/early March US-Morocco for another flight, so maybe I'll get a r/t US-Morocco in March and Morocco-US in late September, if the 12 JAN US-Morocco can't be reticketed. (or to Europe instead of Morocco). Not really looking forward to dealing with Priceline on reticketing anything.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:38 am

Morocco flight bans

Looks like the Morocco flight ban has been extended to 1/31.

Any data points on how CMN-MAD segments are being handled?

https://www.onda.ma/en/I-am-passenge...er-information
rdlmitedu likes this.

Last edited by coleslaw; Dec 26, 2021 at 6:35 am
Old Dec 26, 2021, 2:38 pm

I’m scheduled to start my itinerary (CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA and back) from CMN on Jan 15. Despite the extended travel ban, my CMN to MAD flight is still showing up as active. At this point obviously I would prefer to just start the journey from MAD. My biggest worry is once the CMN to MAD flight actually does get cancelled I’ll lose the whole itinerary. Booked through Priceline, tried calling them (useless), called AA who said they can’t touch the ticket because I booked through priceline, and called Iberia who said they can’t do anything until the CMN-MAD flight is officially canceled and they have no idea when that will be. Any advice? Anyone else in the same boat? As the date approaches I’m getting more nervous…thanks in advance!
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by tekken1010
I’m scheduled to start my itinerary (CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA and back) from CMN on Jan 15. Despite the extended travel ban, my CMN to MAD flight is still showing up as active. At this point obviously I would prefer to just start the journey from MAD. My biggest worry is once the CMN to MAD flight actually does get cancelled I’ll lose the whole itinerary. Booked through Priceline, tried calling them (useless), called AA who said they can’t touch the ticket because I booked through priceline, and called Iberia who said they can’t do anything until the CMN-MAD flight is officially canceled and they have no idea when that will be. Any advice? Anyone else in the same boat? As the date approaches I’m getting more nervous…thanks in advance!
If Priceline is useless because you cant get a human, you can book a cheap intra europe TAP ticket through priceline departing in next 14 days w/ free 24 hour cancelation, at least it will get you through their phone system to a human, and then remember to cancel it. If Priceline is useless because they are absolutely trash at any changes, cant help that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.