Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:00 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Deckter
I thought the 787 are going straight to OS as a 767 replacement?
Some are yes, but LH and LX will also operate 789s.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33382204-post109.html
Deckter likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
I booked ex LAX to BRU - I got ex SBA to price, but when I'd go to checkout, I would get an error.

I suppose I could have called, but actually I'm equidistance between SBA and LAX, and the real advantage to SBA is getting in and out of a small airport as opposed to the cluster**** that LAX is, and then you have to change planes which also costs time. So actually, I don't mind arriving at LAX as a final destination, but I like departing SBA, super easy and quick check-in, friendly staff that have worked there for years.

Ah well, got two of these booked. I'm actually in Europe, and usually these fares come up ex-EU, so interesting social experiement.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Interesting, was all your credit card information correct? Did you call in question why?
I did not call as the fare was still available, but I had the same thought regarding the billing address since I recently moved and there haven't been widespread reports of the fare not being honored. If the rebooked ticket also gets cancelled, I will call to ask what's up.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:19 am

Thank you thank you! I was able to rebook one trip, saved us $1000, and we booked a new trip which ended up being just $1400 (after the credit) for US-LHR in business class. Now we just have to hope we can actually get in to the UK.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
All Polaris Lounges are closed with no timeline for re-opening
Booked the trip for end of February, for which I hope they are open by then.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BThumme
Wife wasn't happy I booked one trip without her so had to book one for us together.

Grabbed ORD-FRA(LH747)-DUB-EWR-ORD. Not the prettiest by any means but we can share an upper deck in the 747, fly a 787-10 on UA, and polaris lounge access both ways....hopefully...
I chose the first row on the main floor, instead of upper deck. It will be a daylight flight (FRA-IAD). I had sit on upper deck before. My wife liked the idea of first row better. 😀😀
Flying Machine and BThumme like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: United Premier Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I’d been traveling, read about this sale around 1030 ET last night. Couldn’t decide between plethora of riches so booked 5 days in Malta and also 5 days in Florence. Never been to either, excited (chasing UA Million Miler so yes idiotically motivated on that angle too). Finished around 1am ET and fare seemed to go dead right around then (was working on Crete LOL). Dug a little deeper into Malta and saw I had missed that while Malta was open to Americans on July 13, effective July 14 Americans were barred from Malta. Sigh. Now have to decide if I want to hold onto the reservation and risk standing with a $1,500 credit on United - or canceling the Malta flights today.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by whitethunder
I booked a trip a few hours ago thankfully, was not the easiest had to use some OTA to ensure I did not get united ticket stock

DEN-YYZ-LHR-WAW (AC to LHR, LOT to WAW)

WAW-FRA-YYC (on LOT/AC then overnight in YYC) then next day to DEN

Any idea if they will check to see if I am eligible to fly to the USA when I board WAW-FRA-YYC ?? (I am not banned or anything just us canadians can't enter the USA while being in a schengen country for the prior 14 days at the moment, which I am hoping will be dropped at some point...) I was hoping to just "miss" my last segment as I live somewhat close to YYC

Thanks
Unless you have a long stopover booked in Canada there is no chance you will be able to board in Wawsaw if the rules surrounding spending the previous 14 days havent changed. They will want to confirm your eligibility at check in
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Unless you have a long stopover booked in Canada there is no chance you will be able to board in Wawsaw if the rules surrounding spending the previous 14 days havent changed. They will want to confirm your eligibility at check in
Overnight 14.5 hours (arrive 3pm dep 6am next day)

im hoping since its so long they cant even check that segment in yet .
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
These no longer appear in the GDS, at least the exSFO and exSEA fares that I just looked up.... so gone.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Last night around 9PM Pacific I checked FT for the first time this week (it's been crazy) and found this. I was able to then book open jaw LAX/MAD ZRH/LAX at this amazing price (LH/LX). It made me realize I have to be more diligent about checking the FT forums in order to not miss this sort of thing. I then called my brother to tell him about it but he went online and it had been pulled. I just made it. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stephem
These no longer appear in the GDS, at least the exSFO and exSEA fares that I just looked up.... so gone.
Per fare rules, it expired at midnight yesterday.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by whitethunder
Overnight 14.5 hours (arrive 3pm dep 6am next day)

im hoping since its so long they cant even check that segment in yet .
not long enough. They will absolutely see it. If it was over 24 hours you may stand a chance but with only 14.5 they will see it and are required to only board you if youre eligible for the entire journey
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
not long enough. They will absolutely see it. If it was over 24 hours you may stand a chance but with only 14.5 they will see it and are required to only board you if youre eligible for the entire journey
And even if you somehow make it through check-in at WAW, FRA tends to be much more anal about these things.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
ORD -BUD on LOT seems to still be alive....i can connect from GF to LOT and get $1565.81 available September 2021 - mid Feb 2022. Did not go past selecting flights on LOT so YMMV!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.