Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] UA/AC/LH: USA to Europe Sale - Biz - $1500s

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by linglingfool
A standard (but unsolicited) cancellation email, with no explanation, as if the cancellation was done per my request.
Interesting, was all your credit card information correct? Did you call in question why?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Interesting, was all your credit card information correct? Did you call in question why?
I know it's fine to call in here, but it isn't good form to encourage calling in in general. It might have to do with not being able to secure partner availabiltity on a connection leg, though that would be odd here
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:58 pm

Thanks, all! Booked IAD-BRU-OTP (UA 78X) / VCE-FRA-SFO (LH 748) for October a few minutes ago directly on UA.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I booked a trip a few hours ago thankfully, was not the easiest had to use some OTA to ensure I did not get united ticket stock

DEN-YYZ-LHR-WAW (AC to LHR, LOT to WAW)

WAW-FRA-YYC (on LOT/AC then overnight in YYC) then next day to DEN

Any idea if they will check to see if I am eligible to fly to the USA when I board WAW-FRA-YYC ?? (I am not banned or anything just us canadians can't enter the USA while being in a schengen country for the prior 14 days at the moment, which I am hoping will be dropped at some point...) I was hoping to just "miss" my last segment as I live somewhat close to YYC

Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BThumme
I didn't realize United nerfed P fares on Air Canada, they only earn 150% of award miles on distance flown, so that caps the miles (and therefore PQP) even lower then I originally thought. For fights before July they were 200%.

I saw that last night when the fare first came out, kinda disappointing, but still the best bang for the buck at 150% as LH and others are 100% for "P" aka discounted business fares...
BThumme likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Wife wasn't happy I booked one trip without her so had to book one for us together.

Grabbed ORD-FRA(LH747)-DUB-EWR-ORD. Not the prettiest by any means but we can share an upper deck in the 747, fly a 787-10 on UA, and polaris lounge access both ways....hopefully...
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BThumme
Wife wasn't happy I booked one trip without her so had to book one for us together.

Grabbed ORD-FRA(LH747)-DUB-EWR-ORD. Not the prettiest by any means but we can share an upper deck in the 747, fly a 787-10 on UA, and polaris lounge access both ways....hopefully...
All Polaris Lounges are closed with no timeline for re-opening
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:19 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by 15cats
I know it's fine to call in here, but it isn't good form to encourage calling in in general. It might have to do with not being able to secure partner availabiltity on a connection leg, though that would be odd here
I disagree with your logic. If it was a mistake fare, It’s obvious to all on the board not to call. These are valid fares across several carriers to many destinations. Why should the OP lose out on a valid ticket if it was a technicality and he could have it reinstated before the fare expires
Old Jul 15, 2021, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
If it was a mistake fare, It’s obvious to all on the board not to call. These are valid fares across several carriers to many destinations.
I would not hesitate to call on this one. It is not a mistake.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:16 am

Gone ...
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:22 am

called to adjust the outbound leg for BOS/YYZ/MUC/MAD - MAD/FRA/YYZ/BOS . Called AC at 11:57pm PT and the prices flipped higher by $600 roughly by 12:01am PT.
Rate department would not budge.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 2:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by denkigroove
They have all the same bad hard product so it doesn‘t matter.
I don't suppose there's any chance of LH's new business class seats showing up anywhere by early 2022?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by econ
I don't suppose there's any chance of LH's new business class seats showing up anywhere by early 2022?
Nope. Maybe the quickly accuired five 787 have a new/different hardware as the planned new LH Business. But it‘s not clear which routes they will cover.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:17 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by econ
Sorry, but I had to LOL.

LH is clawing back every cent they can find between the sofa cushions, there is no way they will launch the cabin refit until our trajectory out of this pandemic is clearer. Particularly as the 77X delays put off the deliveries of the first type that was intended to have the new cabin installed.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by denkigroove
Nope. Maybe the quickly accuired five 787 have a new/different hardware as the planned new LH Business. But it‘s not clear which routes they will cover.
I thought the 787 are going straight to OS as a 767 replacement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.