Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: Oneworld CDG-USA west coast including HNL / LIH / ANC €1100

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: Oneworld CDG-USA west coast including HNL / LIH / ANC €1100

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 6:46 pm

How are you actually managing to search for anything thats more complex then for example SOF-LAX return on BA site to get these prices?

Every time I try to use ba holidays custom trip it just throws an error for every segment when trying to calculate price saying seats/flights not available (even when using the routing/dates are taken from the flights that make up the above example SOF-LAX details like sof-lhr, lhr-ord, ord-lax etc or even just sof-lhr, lhr-lax and back).

Similarly, trying to create a multicity trip doesnt work cos it just doesnt show any of the flights that make up the standard city to city details in the sof-lax example?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by slidey
How are you actually managing to search for anything thats more complex then for example SOF-LAX return on BA site to get these prices?

Every time I try to use ba holidays custom trip it just throws an error for every segment when trying to calculate price saying seats/flights not available (even when using the routing/dates are taken from the flights that make up the above example SOF-LAX details like sof-lhr, lhr-ord, ord-lax etc or even just sof-lhr, lhr-lax and back).

Similarly, trying to create a multicity trip doesnt work cos it just doesnt show any of the flights that make up the standard city to city details in the sof-lax example?
If you know how to use ITA Matrix, create your routing on ITA Matrix and then call BA Holidays to book your trip on the phone.
The BAH website would not be able to book a complicated itinerary. Also a reminder that as you are originating from Bulgaria, you would need to call the Bremen hotline which only works during weekdays and European daytime.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver
Many thanks to the OP!
Managed to book CDG-LHR-HEL-LHR-BOS-LGA-ORD / DCA-MSY-MIA-CDG for November yesterday. Some nice US Cities to visit and enough TP for me to renew my BA Silver.
tobikosan and Thysk like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 3:03 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by Currybelly
Still pretty decent fares out of Madrid too, example circa £1,090 MAD-LHR-JFK-SFO return next March
The AMS/BCN combination has also a good offer.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by Currybelly
Still pretty decent fares out of Madrid too, example circa £1,090 MAD-LHR-JFK-SFO return next March
I'm currently eyeing MAD-SCL for 1394over the xmas a new year's eve but doubt that Chile will be open to visitors until then
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by sluneckov
I'm currently eyeing MAD-SCL for 1394over the xmas a new year's eve but doubt that Chile will be open to visitors until then
AeroMexico currently flying that routing for approx €940, if departing by 15th December for over Xmas & NYE
Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tofino87
AeroMexico currently flying that routing for approx €940, if departing by 15th December for over Xmas & NYE
saw that, but need to work on my BA status requalification..
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:35 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The ITA to booking via Powertools keeps failing for me. It only worked once and that was after I entered the Sales City as London.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you know how to use ITA Matrix, create your routing on ITA Matrix and then call BA Holidays to book your trip on the phone.
The BAH website would not be able to book a complicated itinerary. Also a reminder that as you are originating from Bulgaria, you would need to call the Bremen hotline which only works during weekdays and European daytime.
Do you manually just try different combinations dates / multicity itineraries to get the possible routings? Or are there advanced controls that can automatically generate some of these more complex options? I'd be curious to know more about how you do this!
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by morphogencc
Do you manually just try different combinations dates / multicity itineraries to get the possible routings? Or are there advanced controls that can automatically generate some of these more complex options? I'd be curious to know more about how you do this!
The fare is dead at the moment.
Although in normal cases, I use the "advanced controls" in ITA Matrix to force a more complex routing.

It's not for this fare but here is an overview that I prepared for another member last year when looking for a complex routing on a YVR-ATL fare on AA.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32325653-post4674.html
MaxFlyer, hsk, BETTERMJ and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by H2L
Not as convenient but I'm seeing similar prices from Sofia for next April.... £1035 to LAX etc...
interesting fare is also OTP-DOH-ORD-SEA-DOH-OTP for 1 989 €
Old Jun 24, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Had to call in because my LAX-HNL segment had disappeared and that it didn't ticket over the last three weeks but it finally ticketed! CDG-LHR-JFK-HNL let's go!

Originally Posted by morphogencc
I will call myself out as I said I'd do a youtube video of some sort on the topic sometime, anyone here should feel free to bug me until I do! Or if you have some complex routing requests with some fares that are still in existence please send them in my PMs and I will hopefully be able to use them as examples.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 12:02 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I would suggest that this be bookmarked - it is a unique teaching experience. ISTFlyer is as generous as the day is long with his time and knowledge. Moreover he does not have an ounce of superiority or condescension. He deserves a great deal of thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I would suggest that this be bookmarked - it is a unique teaching experience. ISTFlyer is as generous as the day is long with his time and knowledge. Moreover he does not have an ounce of superiority or condescension. He deserves a great deal of thanks.
I agree! This is what Flyertalk should be all about. Many thanks to ISTFlyer.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:05 pm

a large amount of LHR-CDG flights are now getting amended
check your bookings
jonr405 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.