Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: *A US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz

[prem fare gone]: *A US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz

Old Mar 6, 21, 6:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer View Post
Many foreign corporations conducting business in US have a local Agent for Service of Process where legal papers can be served.
In New York at least as personal experience , the counterpart had to have an address in New York where they could be served. I haven't used in some 4+ years but remember the process nicely... AA will fight hard, others sometimes don't show up and it's automatic favorable judgment. I've never been that lucky. Haha
Old Mar 6, 21, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
Go to TAP.com
Pick your original dates and flightsPrint/Screenshot the itinerary
Copy the new price as amount that you are suing for..
The chance of success would increase if you bought a new ticket for travel on or around the date you originally planned. That way you help dispel the notion of opportunism that pervades these cases.

Originally Posted by jfkeze View Post
PreCovid it could take months in NYC Queens.
Ha! That's nothing

I went after a carrier five years' ago (it involved bags, delay and connections), and only just received notice of settlement through a Madrid court for $1800 and some of my costs. It seemed an open and shut case, but the airline kicked back at every approach: these guys know how to drag things out. The cash benefit would be marginal if I included my time, the additional costs and occasional head-banging frustration: but boy was it worth in terms of satisfaction

So I've nothing agains litigation: but it seems cruel to encourage folk frustrated by the failure of these mistake deals to pursue actions that are unlikely to succeed; and for whom success might simply be the return of money paid - something the airline is already offering.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 21, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer View Post

European are often surprised at US legal system and can simply not imagine what power an individual can exercice.
Indeed. And the surprise extends to the drop-of-a-hat litigious environment that sustains
Old Mar 6, 21, 8:03 am

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Indeed. And the surprise extends to the drop-of-a-hat litigious environment that sustains
And expressed by a Subject of the Crown not accustomed to Equal Justice under codified Law.

The Defendant could have voluntarily chosen to fullfill its contract for which it was fully paid the exact amount ( Fare and Taxes ) they demanded, instead of committing unilateral breach without any suggestion of restitution. The Court is the only equalizer, against unequal power, available to an individual.

If TAP was right and acted appropriately, the Court will certainly rule in their favor.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Mar 6, 21 at 8:36 am
Old Mar 6, 21, 8:30 am

from TAP's Contract of Carriage

ARTICLE 4

FARES, TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES

4.1 FaresSave as otherwise provided for, fares apply only for carriage from the airport at the point of
departure to the airport at the point of destination. Fares do not include neither transport
service between other airports nor between airports and town terminals. Your fare will be
calculated in accordance with our Tariff in effect on the date of payment of your Ticket/s for
travel on the specific dates and itinerary shown on it/them. Once your Ticket/s has/have
been paid for, and unless you change your itinerary and/or the date/s of your flight/s and/or
the class/es of service referred to therein, no fare increases relating to the reserved date of
flight and/or the class of service will be applied.

https://www.flytap.com/en-us/transpo...1-2a3175d93d92
Old Mar 6, 21, 8:32 am

attention Floridians

TAP has a registered agent for Service of Process:

TRANSPORTES AEREOS PORTUGUESES, S.A. CORP.

Registered Agent Name & Address
CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
1201 HAYS ST
TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301
Old Mar 6, 21, 9:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rb.sr View Post
Once your Ticket/s has/have
been paid for, and unless you change your itinerary and/or the date/s of your flight/s and/or
the class/es of service referred to therein, no fare increases relating to the reserved date of
flight and/or the class of service will be applied.
Has TAP increased the fare of your ticketed itinerary?
Old Mar 6, 21, 11:19 am

Forget lawsuits...I just want my money back. As others have pointed out, Expedia is saying I have $xxxx credit with TAP instead of a refund. My CC is still showing the charge as pending. How long do we wait until we call Expedia for a refund or start a CC chargeback?
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 6, 21, 11:19 am

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
Ok, but your ticket was less than €299 per. No?

The tweet states "from €299", which is advertising 101 to get you in the door, and can be interpreted as its medium haul offerings. Also, the corresponding URL indicates 1,499 USD between North America and Europe; not sure if the page had mentioned a different amount earlier in the week.
Got one for less and one for more. Point is, both are within a reasonable margin of advertised price, so one cannot expect a consumer to say 299 is acceptable but 279 is not.

Originally Posted by denkigroove View Post
This is so poor. Everyone who booked this had realized that it was a mistake price and the cancellation was expected. A simple error fare game.
Actions have consequences. TAP is a mickey mouse operation in a lot of ways. This might serve as a motivating factor to get their act in order and next time, not just be able to get away with advertising and selling fares they have no intent to honor.

TAP doesn't allow me to unilaterally just change my mind and cancel the ticket for an even swap (without penalty). Why do they get a pass on this? Especially when they advertised these prices on twitter.
s777bg likes this.

Last edited by Antarius; Mar 6, 21 at 11:30 am
Old Mar 6, 21, 11:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
Got one for less and one for more. Point is, both are within a reasonable margin of advertised price, so one cannot expect a consumer to say 299 is acceptable but 279 is not.
Again, "from 299 EUR" =/= 299 EUR.

TP has advertised roundtrip flights between North America and Europe for 1,499 USD.

You will not get anywhere if you try to argue your case this way.
Old Mar 6, 21, 11:37 am

Again, "from 299 EUR" =/= 299 EUR.

TP has advertised roundtrip flights between North America and Europe for 1,499 USD.

You will not get anywhere if you try to argue your case this way.
And yet, they sold me a ticket at a price that was less than 1499 and in line with their "from 299" price. This isn't like it said 299 and up but the ticket was 1499 and I'm arguing that they should lower it. They actually sold me the fare, charged my card and issued me a ticket.

Unless you own TAP stock, I don't see how you could argue that they're in the right at all. They screwed up and that's on them - not the consumer.
canadiancow and s777bg like this.
Old Mar 6, 21, 11:45 am

And yet, they sold me a ticket at a price that was less than 1499 and in line with their "from 299" price.

Unless you own TAP stock, I don't see how you could argue that they're in the right at all. They screwed up and that's on them - not the consumer.
The team loaded the mistake/error fare inventory =/= people on the marketing side.

I will say this again in case you had overlooked my post, TP should do the right thing and refund all mistake fares timely. Beyond that, what are you looking for? TP to honor your fare? Compensation? Good luck.
Old Mar 6, 21, 11:50 am

The team loaded the mistake/error fare inventory =/= people on the marketing side.

I will say this again in case you had overlooked my post, TP should do the right thing and refund all mistake fares timely. Beyond that, what are you looking for? TP to honor your fare? Compensation? Good luck.
And as a consumer, It doesn't matter who made the mistake. They advertised something, sold something that matches the advertisement and took the consumers money.

As for what I think TAP should do - honor the fare. Not looking for comp or anything. Just fulfill the contract that they willingly entered at the price I willingly paid and they willingly accepted.
jfkeze, canadiancow and s777bg like this.
Old Mar 6, 21, 12:07 pm

And as a consumer, It doesn't matter who made the mistake. They advertised something, sold something that matches the advertisement and took the consumers money.

As for what I think TAP should do - honor the fare. Not looking for comp or anything. Just fulfill the contract that they willingly entered at the price I willingly paid and they willingly accepted.
What you are getting stuck on is TP has never advertised fares between North America and Europe at 299 EUR. All the carrier has posted is a promotion of its executive class from (starting at) 299 EUR. You do realize TP fly routes other than between North America and Europe w/ executive class, right?
Old Mar 6, 21, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by xslash10x View Post
Forget lawsuits...I just want my money back. As others have pointed out, Expedia is saying I have $xxxx credit with TAP instead of a refund. My CC is still showing the charge as pending. How long do we wait until we call Expedia for a refund or start a CC chargeback?
I'm in the same boat. I'll be giving Expedia a call tomorrow when I have more time. I'm going to give TAP one chance to give me a refund. If they resist, I'll file a charge back.

Search this Thread