Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: *A US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: *A US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by orthodoc
What about a yellow vaccination card (what they use for yellow fever proof of immunization as well)....
I have heard but not verified that Iceland is accepting these or will be but only for vaccines that are approved by WHO. So right now I think that is just Pfizer? I have ordered a couple of these just in case so when I do get my vaccine I can get them filled out. But nobody knows what is or is not going to be acceptable and I think it will take a while for things to get clearer. Countries may also hesitate to let folks in, even vaccinated ones, until their populations are more vaccinated. Basically you are just going to have to wait and see like the rest of us. I didn't do this deal but I have been doing and undoing speculative point bookings since last March.

Edit: And you might also want to see if TAP is going to honor these before you spend too much time worrying about things. It seems pretty clear this was an fare type that shall not be named and these fare types that shall not be named extended well beyond to/from North America J class. It is quite possible TAP is currently sorting out their options.
scoonee likes this.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Mar 5, 2021 at 7:16 am Reason: To remove a word that so some folks can retain hope.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
We made it to 140 posts. I guess that's better than it used to be.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I have heard but not verified that Iceland is accepting these or will be but only for vaccines that are approved by WHO. So right now I think that is just Pfizer? I have ordered a couple of these just in case so when I do get my vaccine I can get them filled out. But nobody knows what is or is not going to be acceptable and I think it will take a while for things to get clearer. Countries may also hesitate to let folks in, even vaccinated ones, until their populations are more vaccinated. Basically you are just going to have to wait and see like the rest of us. I didn't do this deal but I have been doing and undoing speculative point bookings since last March.

Edit: And you might also want to see if TAP is going to honor these before you spend too much time worrying about things. It seems pretty clear this was an ******** and these ********* extended well beyond to/from North America J class. It is quite possible TAP is currently sorting out their options.
pls delete, clearly it was a discount sale.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Clearly, it was an error fare given the mistake on the YQ. Given all the legal precedences, I would be shocked if they honor these fares.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by fridgy
LOL
Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by abrelosojos
Clearly, it was an error fare given the mistake on the YQ. Given all the legal precedences, I would be shocked if they honor these fares.
And here I thought that maybe TAP desperately wanted to get a cash/credit boost to help keep it on customer-funded life support for a bit longer in a way and this was TAP's desperate way to add to its dollar-depleted coffers.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Originally Posted by GUWonder
And here I thought that maybe TAP desperately wanted to get a cash/credit boost to help keep it on customer-funded life support for a bit longer in a way and this was TAP's desperate way to add to its dollar-depleted coffers.
Mate, EU airlines have collectively got 100 Billion Euros or something like that. TAP has got 4 Billion on last count. I don't think it needs our money. I have one of these error sales, so I hope they get honored, but I would be shocked.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It could be but nevertheless expect tickets to be cancelled and to put up a long fight to get a refund, i.e. TAP has achieved the goal of a free credit until it fits TAP to repay.
work2fly likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
He's probably trying to tell us, that usage of the word "error f*re" is monitored by the airlines, so that we shouldn't use that wording.

But I think, TAP is already clearly aware about what happened and the fare is already pulled. So it probably shouldn't matter whether we call is flash sale, super-duper discount fare or whatever.
fridgy likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:45 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Edit: And you might also want to see if TAP is going to honor these before you spend too much time worrying about things. It seems pretty clear this was an error fare and these error fares extended well beyond to/from North America J class. It is quite possible TAP is currently sorting out their options.
Great point - as with any "uncertain" fare, I'm not booking my positioning flights or hotels (unless free cancellation) until I see where the winds blow with TAP. Usual rule with these cheap fares.... wait before spending more money and worrying about things.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by fridgy
If there is anything I learned with my fight last year for multiple TAP refunds is that nothing that I say or do has any impact on TAP (nor for that matter does TAP's terms or even laws seem to have much impact). I certainly did not type cancellations into existence in my prior post. TAP will absolutely do whatever it they want to do here. I truly hope it works out for everyone.

As an aside I suggest folks take screenshots of their ticket terms if they already haven't because you won't be able to access them if the tickets are cancelled and it might be relevant if/when you have to do a chargeback.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by delpiero223
He's probably trying to tell us, that usage of the word "error f*re" is monitored by the airlines, so that we shouldn't use that wording.

But I think, TAP is already clearly aware about what happened and the fare is already pulled. So it probably shouldn't matter whether we call is flash sale, super-duper discount fare or whatever.
I can see that point but this was so broad based and on so many blogs there is no way TAP doesn't know about it. I believe there was a 79 euro fare from EU to Brazil for example. If this had a more narrow impact I'd say there was a chance that TAP wasn't aware. I think there were 2-3 dozen blog postings on this in my feeds the following morning. If TAP is actually monitoring the web they knew about it long before I typed what I typed. Honestly, I am not sure they are that competent.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Mar 5, 2021 at 7:02 am
Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It could be but nevertheless expect tickets to be cancelled and to put up a long fight to get a refund, i.e. TAP has achieved the goal of a free credit until it fits TAP to repay.
I feel sorry for the folks who used CC points to purchase these tickets (e.g. Chase UR) as they lose the ability to do a chargeback so they may have a long slog to try to get a refund. I suspect you are correct in that they will eventually refund these to vouchers and make folks fight for the cash. I hope I am wrong though.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
For the sake of all that is Holy, for the sake of every deity out there... Don't use the words that start with "E", "M". From a legal perspective, these are valid fares found by frequent travelers who actively search for fares and bought them based upon goodwill.
Chat at will in Private, but uses those banned words and don't be surprised if your legal case (if it arrives at that level) goes up in smoke...
Sincerely, a survivor of the BA FRA-KUL which was cancelled for 99%, one of a handful of the QR PNH-SGN fare and a frequent visitor to Small Claims Court...
Absolute, fridgy, aquanine and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Mate, EU airlines have collectively got 100 Billion Euros or something like that. TAP has got 4 Billion on last count. I don't think it needs our money. I have one of these error sales, so I hope they get honored, but I would be shocked.
If you want it to be honoured then you're using the wrong language.

Originally Posted by delpiero223

Whether the fare is dead or not has no impact whatsoever on the nomenclature used. Live fare. Dead fare. Comatosed fare. Don't use language that allows airlines to get out of a contract.

I can see that point but this was so broad based and on so many blogs there is no way TAP doesn't know about it. I believe there was a 79 euro fare from EU to Brazil for example. If this had a more narrow impact I'd say there was a chance that TAP wasn't aware. I think there were 2-3 dozen blog postings on this in my feeds the following morning. If TAP is actually monitoring the web they knew about it long before I typed what I typed. Honestly, I am not sure they are that competent.
It's not a matter of TAP knowing about it nor is it about incompetence. It's about giving airlines ammunition to unilateral cancel a ticket.

Originally Posted by jfkeze
For the sake of all that is Holy, for the sake of every deity out there... Don't use the words that start with "E", "M". From a legal perspective, these are valid fares found by frequent travelers who actively search for fares and bought them based upon goodwill.
Chat at will in Private, but uses those banned words and don't be surprised if your legal case (if it arrives at that level) goes up in smoke...
Sincerely, a survivor of the BA FRA-KUL which was cancelled for 99%, one of a handful of the QR PNH-SGN fare and a frequent visitor to Small Claims Court...
We can only try, jfkeze. I, too, survived the BA FRA-KUL F fare but only after hauling BA to court - where they specifically referred to blog postings that called the fare exactly what it should be called.
jona970318, fridgy and aquanine like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.